Cheddar

Old August 5th 09, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bigboy

Default Cheddar

My nephew lost his job, his home and one of his Golden Retrievers in
July of 2008. I took him and his other golden retriever, Cheddar and
Ms. Tigger (a grey polydactyl) in. My nephew moved back and forth
between my house and his parents house, however, I have Cheddar and
Ms. Tigger. He found a temp job and has now been made a full time
employee. He is moving out to his own apartment next week and taking
Cheddar with him. He hasn't said whether or not he is going to take
Ms. Tigger. It breaks my heart that he's taking Cheddar - he is such
a good dog and gets along very well with my cats. After having him
for over a year, I feel like he's mine - he's almost 13 and is very
much into the routine in the household. My nephew goes to work at
6:45 and doesn't get home most evenings until after 8. I told him
that's too long for the old dog to wait to go potty and he said "his
friends" will see that he is let outside.

Sorry, but I just wanted to vent - I know that Cheddar belongs to him,
but I feel as if he's part my dog too.

Mommy of:

BigBoy, Princess, Mr. Boots, Ms. Tigger, Sugar and Spice, Ms. Blue
Belle and Cheddar
Old August 5th 09, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

bigboy wrote:

[...]

Maybe you could suggest that he drop Cheddar off at your place on his
way to work so you can "babysit" during the day. That way, Cheddar can
get his walks and will have company while your nephew is at work. Then
he could swing by your place on the way home and pick Cheddar up to have
him at night. This all assumes your place is a convenient stop on his
way to and from work, of course. Do you think he'd go for that? (If I
had a dog, I would love it if someone offered free dogsitting during
the day!)

Joyce

--
Seen on a T-shirt:
If At First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Isn't For You
Old August 5th 09, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

legal ownership and belonging to aren't alwys the same thing, remind him
that when the dogs messe get too much, and the ensuing illnesses from the
dog trying to hold it get too much you want the dog to live with you full
time, Lee

Old August 6th 09, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"bigboy" wrote in message

[...]

My niece resolved this problem by taking her dog to her mothers
house every work day for doggie day care. Worked out well as her
mom was getting old enough anyway that it was a good reason to check
in on her once a day when she dropped of the dog and picked him back
up.

I think after the dog had been with her mother for a year there
would have been custody issues otherwise.
Jo

Old August 6th 09, 04:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

bastXXXette
bigboy wrote:

[...]

I think that's an excellent idea Joyce

Kyla