I liied OT

Old June 16th 11, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default I liied OT

To the hospital: who said you cannot go home until you can pick your left
arm up with a fork to feed yourself.
I said I could.
I couldn't. If I waited for that it would have been until today.
I can do it, since this morning!
Yay!!

Old June 16th 11, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The Boca Deb

On Jun 15, 7:54*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
To the hospital: *who said you cannot go home until you can pick your left
arm up with a fork to feed yourself.
I said I could.
I couldn't. *If I waited for that it would have been until today.
I can do it, since this morning!
Yay!!

Wonderful news! Well done!

Debby
Old June 16th 11, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

To the hospital: who said you cannot go home until you can pick your left
arm up with a fork to feed yourself.
I said I could.
I couldn't. If I waited for that it would have been until today.
I can do it, since this morning!
Yay!!

Congrats! Every step counts. Today the fork, tomorrow the gear shift (OK,
for some values of "tomorrow". )

Joyce

--
Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily
go in one ear and out the other. -- Stephen Baker
Old June 16th 11, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

You're not the only one to have done that recently ; - besides, I firmly
believe that recuperation goes much faster and more smoothly when you're
comfortably home (which may be some of my problem - Ben calculated that I
spent more days in the hospital than out this year!)

I'm so glad you're feeling better, I know how painful and disabling shoulder
surgery can be. But bite the bullet and do your PT aggressively and
religiously even though it hurts horribly - it will make your recovery more
complete and lasting.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old June 16th 11, 09:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jun 16, 12:54*am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
To the hospital: *who said you cannot go home until you can pick your left
arm up with a fork to feed yourself.
I said I could.
I couldn't. *If I waited for that it would have been until today.
I can do it, since this morning!
Yay!!

Hooray! Good going!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old June 16th 11, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
You're not the only one to have done that recently ; - besides, I firmly
believe that recuperation goes much faster and more smoothly when you're
comfortably home (which may be some of my problem - Ben calculated that I
spent more days in the hospital than out this year!)

I'm so glad you're feeling better, I know how painful and disabling
shoulder surgery can be. But bite the bullet and do your PT aggressively
and religiously even though it hurts horribly - it will make your recovery
more complete and lasting.

I'm doing it, religiously, and it does hurt like crazy but I intend to
drive again and I will do it.
I intend also to be able to put my laundry out to dry on my washing line,
one day.
That's a real problem atm.
Tweed

Old June 16th 11, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
To the hospital: who said you cannot go home until you can pick your left
arm up with a fork to feed yourself.
I said I could.
I couldn't. If I waited for that it would have been until today.
I can do it, since this morning!
Yay!!

Hooray! Good going!
---
Lucky they didn't check, eh?

Old June 17th 11, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Jun 15, 5:54 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
To the hospital: who said you cannot go home until you can pick your left
arm up with a fork to feed yourself.
I said I could.
I couldn't. If I waited for that it would have been until today.
I can do it, since this morning!
Yay!!

Glad to hear it but since I quit working they sure got some weird
criteria for what used to be
called "stabilized" in the ERs I worked in (fork to mouth?????)
LOLOLOL. Don't see how the
nurse who told you that kept straight face. All I had to say mainly
was, "Please take a deep
breath and hold it in". OTOH try that on someone who is three-sheets-
to-the wind (expression
of parents long ago).

___
Three sheets to the wind means you are drunk.
I suppose they wanted to make sure I could manage alone. I was not in the
ER, I had had a serious operation and they were anxious that I could cope
with eating and preparing food on my own with one arm.
I think they did well to make sure.
They refused to let me home at first, I had to go to my aunt where there was
a stairlift and bathlift in situ.
It was the right thing to do.

Old June 17th 11, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wrote:
[...]

Yeah, I mean if you can't lift a fork and feed yourself, then that's a
good milestone to aim for in your recovery, isn't it? The doctor's going
to judge your readiness to leave based on your particular injury and the
disabilities that resulted from that. "Fork-to-mouth" might sound strange
as a general criterion for "stabilized" or "ready for discharge", but it
makes perfect sense when applied to you.

In any case, it's great that you can do it again.

Joyce

--
Who ever thought up the word "Mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I think
I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone.
Old June 17th 11, 07:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"hopitus" wrote in message

...All I had to say mainly was, "Please take a deep
breath and hold it in". OTOH try that on someone who is
three-sheets-
to-the wind (expression of parents long ago)...

That's an idiom I haven't heard in a while!
http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/t...-the-wind.html
explains.

Whilst I wasn't three sheets to the wind, nor even one sheet, I
recall having a CAT scan after an ER visit when I was in the USA,
more than 20 years ago. I was asked to keep my head very still -
as far as I knew, I was doing just that - but apparently not,
because they had to repeat the request three times at various
points during the scan. It transpires that I was "post-ictal" at
the time, and not entirely aware of my surroundings.

--
MatSav