cat suddenly paralyzed

Old July 10th 06, 08:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Default cat suddenly paralyzed

Candace wrote:

Someone tipped me off to the OP's google posting history:

http://tinyurl.com/jc4ou

Interesting. Apparently there is enough money in that particular
household for some recreational drug use, just not quite enough to help
a poor, paralyzed cat.

Candace

Oh, that's just ****ing great.

-L.

Old July 10th 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote in message
"Candace" wrote:

Elle wrote:

No one says they can't find a way to get vet care. They may
simply be unaware of all their options.

Given the way you kicked this stranger when s/he was down,
and with such apparent "on higher moral ground" (so you fool
yourself) glee, I sure would have concerns about how you
treat animals.

Someone tipped me off to the OP's google posting history:

http://tinyurl.com/jc4ou

Interesting. Apparently there is enough money in that particular
household for some recreational drug use, just not quite enough to help
a poor, paralyzed cat.

Candace

Don't confuse Elle with facts.

Where do these stupid bitches come from?

Old July 10th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Candace wrote:

Someone tipped me off to the OP's google posting history:

http://tinyurl.com/jc4ou

Interesting. Apparently there is enough money in that particular
household for some recreational drug use, just not quite enough to help
a poor, paralyzed cat.

Candace

Oh, that's just ****ing great.

-L.

The other thing is, there is ALWAYS a way to get an injured creature,
cat or otherwise, medical care. Sell something, take a loan, beg your
friends, neighbors and family, call every vet in town or just take the cat
in anyway. How many vets would refuse to at least put the animal out of
pain without money up front? Believe it or not, some of them are in the
business at least in part because they care about animals and want to
alleviate suffering.

As with many vets, my own do lots of gratis work. People are always
abandoning animals, especially kittens, so that the vets and techs find
them in the morning when they open up. My vets have told me many
stories about the animals they help without pay. Most people, vets
and others, are decent and cannot bear to watch anything suffer like
that without getting help.

Not asshole Elle or the OP, but then, there are always a few in
every crowd. Happily, they appear just when I am ripe for
bitchslapping someone deserving. Unhappily, they can actually
wind up responsible for the care of living things. Ugh.

Old July 10th 06, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
angel

cybercat wrote:

"The other thing is, there is ALWAYS a way to get an injured creature,
cat or otherwise, medical care. Sell something, take a loan, beg your
friends, neighbors and family, call every vet in town or just take the
cat
in anyway. How many vets would refuse to at least put the animal out of

pain without money up front? Believe it or not, some of them are in the

business at least in part because they care about animals and want to
alleviate suffering."

If I was broke and had a broken cat, that's what I would do

I would write down 2-3 er addresses, have directions ready, put the cat
in the car
and just show up!

I would not talk about money unless they asked me

it's like going to shoney's and eating without money, you settle the
money after you eat.

If money was brought up before hand; of course I would say, lemme pay
you next FRI or in TWO days... even if it was a lie my cat would still
get help, and the thing is, like you say, what vet would despise your
deed.

Old July 10th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"cybercat" wrote in message
.. .

"Matthew" wrote in message

"Elle" wrote in message
k.net...
"cybercat" wrote
"Elle" wrote
wrote
wrote:

Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat
sitting by our
aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait,
and she was
twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a
pretty hot
day out, so my mom figured it was just heat stroke
(alothough it had
never happend befor and there's always plenny of water for
her) and we
got her to drink water till she wouldnt drink anymore.
It's now been
more then 12 hours and she's seems almost comletely
paralized from the
neck down.She doesnt seem to be in any kind of pain, but
im sure she
must have gotten hold of somesort of toxin, beacause my
girlfriend saw
her earlyer that morning and said she wasn't walking
strait. We haven't
taken her to a vet, and due to money we probably won't be
able to. Does
any one have any idea what might be wrong with her or what
we can do?

Why the hell isn't this cat at a vet?

Out of curiosity:
What part of "due to money we probably won't be able to
[take her to a vet]" does not make sense to you?

How many cats are being euthanized this week at your local
shelter because you refused to rescue them?

I think you could find a more persuasive tone to help this
cat. That's the point, isn't it?

Idiot.

If you can't respond to the questions, then I think that proves my
points above.

One thing that I learned a long time ago the one that blows the horn is
usually the one full of hot air

Onde thing I learned a long time ago is that anyone who posts to Usenet
(on a computer
worth several hundred dollars) about a critically ill animal instead of
taking the animal to the
vet is criminally negligent and personally abhorrent--at least to me.

Apologists like Navorski are even worse. Idiots, indeed.

And you?

Well, "Matt," what do you think?

Could you, would you leave a critically ill animal to suffer? NOT A
CHANCE EVER YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE ANIMALS

If not, then why are you even saying one ****ing word here?

Hot air, indeed.

In any case, hot air smells a whole lot better than what you are full
of.

You jumped the gun once again it was a response to THE OP

Old July 10th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

Since you are throwing a hissy fit here did you ever stop and think this
was a troll it appears to have been The OP posted in quite a few group
and when responded to by take your cat to the vet they told people off

So your point is not being made by causing a hissy fit to say

"Elle" wrote in message
ink.net...
wrote
"Elle" wrote:

wrote
wrote:

[...]

Give me a break, they can afford Internet service and a computer but
can't find money for vet care?

You can afford internet service and a computer but can't take in five more
cats?

You are in no position to judge. You might be in a position to help.

Old July 10th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Outsider

wrote in
:

Newsgroups:
rec.pets.cats.health+behav Subject: cat suddenly paralyzed
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 00:11:41 -0400

. net X-Newsreader:
Forte Agent 3.3/32.846 MIME-Version: 1.0

"Elle" wrote:

wrote
wrote:

Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat
sitting by our
aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait,
and she was
twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a
pretty hot
day out, so my mom figured it was just heat stroke
(alothough it had
never happend befor and there's always plenny of water for
her) and we
got her to drink water till she wouldnt drink anymore.
It's now been
more then 12 hours and she's seems almost comletely
paralized from the
neck down.She doesnt seem to be in any kind of pain, but
im sure she

Give me a break, they can afford Internet service and a computer but
can't find money for vet care? It's usually just priorities when money
is scarce. Hell, just don't go drinking for 3 weeks or cut back on the
Big Macs. Probably got a cell phone too.

-mhd

Make that CABLE internet service (RoadRunner) which means cable TV as
well as Internet service.

Old July 10th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

"Outsider" wrote in message
. ..
wrote in
:

Newsgroups:
rec.pets.cats.health+behav Subject: cat suddenly paralyzed
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 00:11:41 -0400

. net X-Newsreader:
Forte Agent 3.3/32.846 MIME-Version: 1.0

"Elle" wrote:

wrote
wrote:

[...]

Chances are there's a credit card in the family too. Most vets, around here
at least, take VISA and MC. Not the greatest way to go but gets the cat
taken care of and gives the OP the opportunity to pay it off over time.

Old July 10th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Popsie's Mom

Default cat suddenly paralyzed/quality of pet life

ME: Yes, new to here, but not new to life.

CANDACE:
Hi, I have just noticed you posting recently so I think you are new
here. .......

You have just hit on one of the "hot" topics we discuss from
time to time here. Should people who cannot afford basic veterinary
care have pets?

ME:
I live in a retirement home. We who have a pet MUST do all
of the above and the pet must stay inside only. HOWEVER, strays come
onto the campus property and have babies and grandbabies and great...
and and and. SO, periodically, the cat-catcher does his thing. Miami
is over-run with feral or stray or alley cats. Keeps mice down. (more
delicate to say mice than rats). Hope all are well today.

CANDACE:
That's very nice that you are permitted to have pets there and it
sounds as though Popsie has a very good life. It's a drag about the
cat-catcher, though, as I'm sure those cats are euthanized. It would
be better if someone (maybe you?) contacted a local trap, neuter,
release group to help with the problem. Then the cats can live out
their lives without reproducing and keep catching the mice. If you
look on the internet, I'm sure a city the size of Miami has many groups
that would be willing to help as long as the retirement home would
agree. There are benefits to all concerned.

ME: As a "resident" in a retirement community/home, we are restricted
in MANY ways and it is not in our abilities to have anything done for
or against the cats on the property of which we live in/on unless we
personally claim ONE cat and have everything done for that ONE cat our
own self out of our own finances or other helps and as I said keep that
ONE cat inside. The "home" HAS been "humane" about it though because
there are several "long-timer" outdoor cats who have ear-notches
showing that they have been spayed and I know that they had been
"caught" and were "gone" for a "while" and they "poof" out of nowhere
they were returned.with a little surgery. Others, however, "toms" keep
tomming around. And, some are UNcatchable. They let you pet their heads
and get close, but NEVER pick them up, they'll tear you up!! Feral!
Tame enough to be near. Feral enough to be safe!