My horrible CATNAPPING!! (long)

Old February 6th 08, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Default My horrible CATNAPPING!! (long)

I think I've finally recovered from my horrible horrible CATNAPPING
last week. And now I can share the tale..

As some of your may remember, Meowmie catnapped and took me to TED and
stuck a needle in my neck and took my blood!!!

Well if THAT wasn't bad enough....a few days later when Mayhem, Imp
and I all tagged teamed to her out of bed, when she got up to feed us,
she RUDELY grabbed me and SHOVED me back into the evil box!!!!
WITHOUT BREAKFAST TOO!!!

Imp said, "It was nice knowing ya...." and Mayhem said "Whatever you
do, STAY AWAKE!!! And when it's all over, just ride it out..." I had
NO idea what she meant, but she had told me previously that she had
gone through something horrible too.

Then Meowmie fed THEM and they started EATING in front of me. Imp
even started eating MY food. How MEAN!!!

Then Meowmie put me in the big moving thingy and took me BACK to TED.
NOT AGAIN!!!!!

She put me in a CAGE and I had to sit there for HOURS. There were
other cats in cages too, and a few really noisy D-things too. What a
racket!! Meowmie would come and visit me often and I would purr and
roll on my back and BEG her to take me home. But she WOULDN'T!!!

Then FINALLY she took me out and put me on a table. Then the man with
the glasses that I saw the other day put his filthy hands on me. He
looked in my eyes, ears, and stuck this weird metal thing on my
chest. And he kept looking in my MOUTH.

WHY DON'T THEY GET IT? THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH MY MOUTH!!!

Hmph! Then the evil man stuck me TWICE with needles, and Meowmie put
me BACK in the cage. I was so mad..... And suddenly I started
feeling a little sleepy, but I COULDN'T fall asleep, I had to STAY
AWAKE!! Then Meowmie took me out and she SHAVED my fur!! She shaved
the fur away on my front leg and then was wiping it with cold stuff.
Then she picked up a NEEDLE!!! I tried to struggle, but there was
another hoomin holding me tight. Meowmie put the needle in my arm!!
And it HURT!!!! I cried and cried and she taped the thing TO MY
ARM!!! I wanted to go home!!!

Meowmie then stuck me back into the cage and but put this BIG blue
thing around my neck. I shook my paw and tried to bite off the weird
thing sticking out of it, but the big thing around my neck was so big
I couldn't even SEE my paw let alone reach it.

Then I remember being picked up and this big bright light shining
above me. The evil man with glasses was standing in front of me and
Meowmie was scratching my ears. The evil man had another needle and
then stuck it into the thing in my paw...

Suddenly the whole room started spinning. The bright light was
getting brighter and brighter. I remember Meowmie saying
"What a
gooooooooddddddkkkkkkiiiiiiittttttttttttttttyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyy......."

I vaguely remember the evil man grabbing my tongue and sticking
something down my throat. I gagged and tried to fight but I couldn't
seem to move. Everything was spinning so fast. Then I realized the
only way out was to play dead.

So I did.........

And guess what it MUST have worked cause the next thing I remember was
the room coming back into focus and Meowmie was standing over me. She
talked to me softly and wrapped me in a blanket.

I tried to tell her that her evil scheme, whatever it was, didn't
work, but for some reason i couldn't move my tongue. My tongue
suddenly felt dry and I noticed that my mouth felt kinda funny. There
was a slight dull ache in my jaw. It took a LOT of effort but i
finally was able to move my tongue in my mouth. My TOOTH! My tooth
that had kinda hurt was GONE!!!

How DARE they take my TOOTH??!!! There was NOTHING WRONG with it. I
was eating JUST fine. Don't the stoopid hoomins know that I just
chewed on the OTHER side? DUH!!!

I tried to tell Meowmie to give me my tooth back but the room was
still spinning around and around. Every time I tried to my head it
swayed even more. I could barely move my legs. I couldn't even
twitch my tail. WHAT HAD THEY DONE TO ME?????

finally after what seemed like HOURS of watching the room spin,
Meowmie took me out and took the thing out of my paw and wrapped a
bandage on it. Then I suddenly noticed the evil bow was in front of
me. HERE WAS MY MOMENT TO ESCAPE!!

I tried to run into the evil box. It was very VERY difficult, cause
EVERY step I took the room swayed and wobbled back and forth. Somehow
I managed to get inside. I hope and prayed that I was gonna go home.

Then I remember moving around a lot. I thought I was in the big
moving thing but I couldn't tell. Everything was spinning around and
there were all these moving lights. I remember seeing this one light
turn green, then yellow and then red and back to green. They actually
were kinda pretty....

Then the moving stopped. I could tell by the smell that I was very
close to home. I stood up to tell Meowmie to LET ME OUT NOW!! But
the world kept SWAYING AND MOVING AND ROLLING that i couldn't keep my
balance. I didn't know what was going on, but I sure wasn't gonna
stay around.

Meowmie scratched my ears and said, "Just lie back down Mischief.
You'll be just fine. Just ride it out. I'll take good care of you."

'Just ride it out?' so THAT'S what Mayhem meant. I realized that the
only way I was gonna get out of this was to sit down and wait for the
world to stop moving......

It took FOREVER, and I think I slept through a lot of it. But when I
woke up the world had stopped moving and seemed a little clearer.

WHEW!!!!

But the torture STILL doesn't end now that I'm safe at home. Every
now and then Meowmie sneaks up on me and squirts this ICKY liquid into
my mouth. EWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! I try to hide in the morning but she
still finds me. I hope this will soon end!!

So there's my horrible tail of how I was catnapped and tortured. But
I showed THEM! I just played dead and when I woke up it was all
over. The only tough part was the world spinning around and around.
Mayhem was right, it's better to just ride it out.

But the light show WAS really pretty.......

Mischief

**********the hoomin version*************

Yep, Mischief had her teeth cleaned and lost two teeth. I know she
was scared as she waited in the cage, but every spare chance I got I
would visit her and scritch her. She did NOT like it when I put the
IV catheter in her leg, but after the pre-anesthetic drugs started
kicking in she looked kinda mellow.

But I couldn't help but giggle when I put the soft e-collar on her to
keep her from chewing out her IV. It was SOOOO silly but at the same
time kinda cute. I wish I had brought my camera.

It IS, however, interesting, to see your cat get the happy drug
cocktail and suddenly look at you with a "Mom, what is going
oonnnnnnnnnnn............" and their eyes just glaze over. Then I
have to help intubate her, and hook her up to the ECG and Pulse
oximeter. She's got a nice heartbeat.

While she was under, I expressed her anal glands, wiped out her ears
AND clipped her toenails. I wanted to give her a bath too but there
wasn't enough time. Ah well.....

It is rather amusing to watch your cat come out of anesthesia. You
speak to them softly as they slooooooooooooooooooooowly wake up and
it's kinda cool to have them look at you with a VERY spaced out look.
Then they sloooooooooooooowly recognize you and then try to figure out
what's going on.

She did the bobble head move for a while as she tried to look around.
As I cleaned everything up, I looked over and she tried to sit up in a
sternal position and failed twice. Awwww my poor baby......

Now I had to get to my second job and I wasn't about to leave her at
home, so I took out her catheter and she CRAWLED (barely, I had to
help her) into the carrier and kept doing the bobble head moves with
her pupils all dilated.

She seemed to REALLY like it when I was driving around at night. All
the signal and street lights looked REALLY pretty to her. She then
slept it off and eagerly walked out of the carrier when I brought her
home after work.

She's back to her mischievous little bratty self, but its HARD to give
her the medication. I can easily squirt it in her mouth. That is,
IF I can catch her. Recently in the mornings she'll show up for
breakfast but when she sees me coming she suddenly runs under the
bed. She's a SMART little varmint, that's for sure. When I DO give
her the meds she sulks and hides under the bed for a while, but
eventually comes out again.

I kept her teeth. They really did need to come out. They must have
been painful. But ironically the rest of her teeth looked GREAT. So
hopefully she won't need another dental for a while. She's back to
stealing my dinner again.

Speaking of which..........SCRAM!!!!!!

Kristi
Old February 14th 08, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

R u ok gnow???
PURRS
Pookie

"Mischief"

Old February 14th 08, 08:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Thanks for asking, Pookie,

I iz much better now. Meowmie stopped trying to squirt that icky
stuff in my mouth. That's because i was SMART, I kept hiding under
the bed.

I've forgiven her, but everynow and then when i'm in her lap getting
scritches, she'll pry my mouth open to look. HOW RUDE!!

The next time she grabs that evil box, I'm SOOOOO heading for the
bed.

but in the meantime, I'll just snatch her food when she's not looking.

take care,

Mischief

catnapping Winnie Cat anecdotes 7 August 5th 06 04:10 AM
it wuz horrible, Stormmee Cat community 6 July 7th 06 09:17 AM
Stray vs. catnapping? Does it matter? Bill Stock Cat anecdotes 18 September 19th 05 08:50 PM
It was horrible. Kathrine Cat health & behaviour 12 September 9th 05 01:04 AM
horrible trauma ClowderCat Cat community 31 July 8th 05 01:20 PM