At Chloe's Island

Old May 21st 09, 07:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default At Chloe's Island

It took longer than usual to get to the island this year due to the weather.
We fought off thunder storms, high winds, torrential downpours and so forth.
I felt for Persia and her galley crew as they had a hard time coming up with
food that wouldn't come up, so to say. I put a batch of cabin kits onto
clean up as a punishment detail, and found a food fight on my paws, lead by
my own clowder mate, Hermione. I transferred her from marine duty to being
my cabin kit so that I can keep a better eye on the little runt. We, the
administration staff, are doing our best to make this a punishment duty for
her as she seems to think that this is an honor.

Persia has come up with some remarkable menus this year and we have been
enjoying her fresh tuna casserole, salmon steaks and tilapia surprise. The
non-surprise is that the fat wench won't touch any of it. She is missing
out on some good eating, but she won't listen to me when I tell her so.

There are no big changes in the crew roster this year. We miss Kitty
Schotland's able nursing, but she trained her apprentice, Lilith Kitten
Gordon-Mahoney, well and Ms Lilith has everything in sick bay well in paw.

Cabin Kits this year include: Hermione (now working as my cabin kit),
Naughty T. Qat (apprentice seaman 3rd class), Kiki (quartermaster and
laundry corps), Riley (apprentice marine private E-1), and Tara (Medical
cabin kit and nurse in training)

Sailing with us this year include: His Royal Feline Lordship Tiger Tiberius
Maximus (diplomatic corps), Miss LilyWhiskers (British Marines attached to
the defense corps), Lady Pandora (co-kit leader), Robby (senior cat and
ninja instructor) Persia (Chief cook and head of galley), Dante (Master
sergeant Marines), OT Mahoney (transferred to navy, seaman 1st class),
Sheriff Roscoe P. Catrane (NCIS), Miss Tina Marie (Maine Coon Patrol,
attached to ship patrol, sergeant), Samwise (assistant kit leader and leader
trainee), Molly (seaman 2nd class and master rigger), Whispering Willow
Walker (seaman 2nd class and master rigger), Tanada (co-kit leader), 1st
Sergeant Huey (marines), QC (watch), Merlin (watch), Sonya (quartermaster's
corps), Qui Gun Kit (sergeant, Marines), Miss Calico Girl (marine). We also
have a ever changing contingent of members who like to come over, visit for
a while, then ghost back to their families.

As you may recall, His Royal Feline Lordship Tiger won the cursing contest
by a wide margin last year. The closest runner up, Miss Calico Girl, has
decided to try to watch her mouth and refuses (so far) to enter the contest.
We will be looking for new contestants to take on the champion. We can't
let him win without giving a good old feline try, can we?

Also, we will be setting our usual guard on the bait bucket. Just because
it smells fishy doesn't mean that you are supposed to knock it over and run
with the heads or tails. We are looking for an entertainment director this
year as we seem to need to have some alternatives to eating and napping when
not on duty.

We have several unfinished projects on Chloe Island, including finishing the
docks, organizing and stocking the warehouse, planning and building the
barracks, and gardens. We are actively looking for feline architects to
take over these projects. Humans never seem to get it quite right. Those
wishing to be on the planning committee, please submit your name to
Barnabus, who is again my first mate. We will announce the committee
members later.

Submitted on behalf of The Mouser Chronicles 2009
Pam S. recording

Old May 22nd 09, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Dante is delighted at his promotion, and looking forward to seeing his mates
from the extra-rambunctious Class of 2005.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old May 27th 09, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The Boca Deb

Submitted on behalf of The Mouser Chronicles 2009
Pam S. recording

Capt. Pine Cone, sir, I don't know what I'm going to do with my nurse-
in-training! She's unrolled all the bandages and has gone hunting in
them! I can understand going hunting in the bedcovers, but in
bandages?!?

Respectfully meowed,
Lilith Kitten Gordon-Mahoney, Age 8
Chief Torbie In Residence
Caretaking Kitty
Catmerica Volunteer Nurses Corps
Mouser Medical Officer
Old June 2nd 09, 09:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"The Boca Deb" wrote in message
Submitted on behalf of The Mouser Chronicles 2009
Pam S. recording

Capt. Pine Cone, sir, I don't know what I'm going to do with my nurse-
in-training! She's unrolled all the bandages and has gone hunting in
them! I can understand going hunting in the bedcovers, but in
bandages?!?

Respectfully meowed,
Lilith Kitten Gordon-Mahoney, Age 8
Chief Torbie In Residence
Caretaking Kitty
Catmerica Volunteer Nurses Corps
Mouser Medical Officer

Tanada ordered her to re-roll them and asks if this has been done. You
have to be strict with them when they are little like this. Of course she
may have had a good reason for unrolling the bandages, but, she should have
told you right away if she did this.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq

Old June 7th 09, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ChildFree23[_2_]

[...]

Fangu, Cap'n Pine Cone. She still hasn't told me why she
unrolled the bandages, but is now in the middle of rolling the
bandages back up.

Lilith says to her nurse-in-training: When you're done rolling
the bandages back up, you can go scoop all the litterboxes!

Old June 8th 09, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Maybe there were gremlins it them.
"ChildFree23" wrote in message
[...]

Young Island Mme. Anaïs ^..^ Cat community 79 January 15th 07 04:00 AM
Videos from the island Marina Cat anecdotes 9 August 1st 06 06:06 PM
Island cats Marina Cat anecdotes 13 June 21st 06 12:38 PM
Pics from the island CatNipped Cat anecdotes 31 July 28th 05 05:02 AM
Island Stories polonca12000 Cat anecdotes 2 August 5th 04 10:19 PM