Photos Finally

Old September 26th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
tension_on_the_wire

Default Photos Finally

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tensio...home/my_photos

Okay, there's just a few pics of Luthien here, from about one year ago,
before she lost all the weight due to hyperthyroidism.

--tension

Old September 26th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
[email protected]

In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes tension_on_the_wire wrote:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tensio...home/my_photos

Okay, there's just a few pics of Luthien here, from about one year ago,
before she lost all the weight due to hyperthyroidism.

Very cute! She obviously enjoys posing for the camera.

Joyce
Old September 26th 06, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

tension_on_the_wire wrote:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tensio...home/my_photos

Okay, there's just a few pics of Luthien here, from about one year ago,
before she lost all the weight due to hyperthyroidism.

Well, she doesn't look fat at all. She looks a little like Susan's Otis,
doesn't she?

Old September 26th 06, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"tension_on_the_wire" wrote:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tensio...home/my_photos

Okay, there's just a few pics of Luthien here, from about one year ago,
before she lost all the weight due to hyperthyroidism.

She's awfully elegant and adorable.

Old September 26th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Julie and Sam

"tension_on_the_wire" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tensio...home/my_photos

Okay, there's just a few pics of Luthien here, from about one year ago,
before she lost all the weight due to hyperthyroidism.

--tension

What a lovely lady she is. Thank you for posting these photos.

Julie

Old September 26th 06, 06:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

Marina wrote:

Well, she doesn't look fat at all. She looks a little like Susan's Otis,
doesn't she?

You are right about that, Marina. She was never fat. At her peak,
she weighed 12 lbs, and was sleek even then. But after
Zildjian's death, she lost five lbs when she ran away, within
five weeks. In the ensuing year, when I kept her exclusively
inside the house, I was so worried about her, she got back
up to 9 lbs, which is about the time these pictures were taken.
Since then, however, she has gone down to 6.5 lbs, on account of
the hyperthyroidism which causes kitty's thermostat
to get set too high, increasing the metabolic rate and burning
calories like a furnace on overdrive, and expending them in
body heat.

I think she is responding to treatment, though. She is more lively
and interested in life again, though that maybe Muezza.Glorio's
doing, but she seems better, and her body feels better....I think
I detect some padding coming back to her vertebrae. I could feel
every bone in her little skeleton this summer it just broke my heart.
I could even feel the front of her spine (the part facing the organs).
I should step on the scales with her tomorrow and see if we are
making any progress. It's been three weeks since she
started treatment, and she is eating very well, so hopefully
she is catching up.

--tension

Old September 26th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
jmcquown

tension_on_the_wire wrote:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tensio...home/my_photos

Okay, there's just a few pics of Luthien here, from about one year
ago,
before she lost all the weight due to hyperthyroidism.

--tension

Awww, what a pretty girl

Jill

Old September 26th 06, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

tension_on_the_wire wrote:

[...]

Both Frank and Nikki had hyperthyroidism the last four years or so of
their lives. Pilling two cats twice a day, never missing a single day...
that's the only part about them that I don't miss. At first, it was
fairly easy; I used to crush the pills and mix them into a treat - a
little tuna or sardines, and the all-time favourite, a teaspoon of sour
cream. They used to come and beg for their 'treat'. Then they both
decided they didn't like their treats any more, and I started giving
them the pil mixed in water and with a syringe direct into their mouths.

Neither of them died of hyperthyroidism, by the way. Apparently the
treatment is usually successful with cats.

Old September 26th 06, 08:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

Marina wrote:
Both Frank and Nikki had hyperthyroidism the last four years or so of
their lives. Pilling two cats twice a day, never missing a single day...
that's the only part about them that I don't miss. At first, it was
fairly easy; I used to crush the pills and mix them into a treat - a
little tuna or sardines, and the all-time favourite, a teaspoon of sour
cream. They used to come and beg for their 'treat'. Then they both
decided they didn't like their treats any more, and I started giving
them the pil mixed in water and with a syringe direct into their mouths.

Neither of them died of hyperthyroidism, by the way. Apparently the
treatment is usually successful with cats.

Yes, I think perhaps I read it in your blog that they both had
hyperT, or perhaps another post, I don't remember. I joined
this group upon Luthien's diagnosis in August, so I had my
eye out for that topic particularly. I have been noting that the
prognosis is generally good for treated hyperT.

Pilling her is no problem at all, here. I was a very firm parent
when she was a kitten, and there is no nonsense at
medicine time. Pickie-uppie....sittee downee....kitty on backee
......open moutheeee......dropee pilleee.....wait for swallow....
and go for treats immediately...which she is counting on or
she would not be so co-operative. I have known few human
two-year-olds so co-operative about medicine! She's such a
good girl. Elegant lady I should say. But still my kitten...
I'll scan some of her baby pics when I can figure out
how to do it. Soon.

My Waterloo, in Luthien's case, is likely to be related to
her kidneys. TED says that with a heart rate of 240bpm
(N=120 or so) she likely had high blood pressure for
some time and the kidneys got used to that, and
possibly took a hit. We won't know until sometime
six months or so from now, when we can see via
bloodwork & urine how they have handled being on
normal blood pressure for a while. So even if
her hyperthyroidism is completely banished....
we must wait to see if we are dealing with impending CRF.
:-(

--tension--luthien is outside having her late-night jaunt (yes this is
a safe neighbourhood)
--muezza.glorio is currently resting on bed looking like
long sausage after heavy
bout with ambushing tozies

Old September 26th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels

tension_on_the_wire wrote:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tensio...home/my_photos

Okay, there's just a few pics of Luthien here, from about one year ago,
before she lost all the weight due to hyperthyroidism.

--tension

Audrey Hepburn, right down to the black eyeliner. That's who she reminds
me of.

Baby Jake photos Mishi Cat anecdotes 18 August 4th 05 10:38 PM
Party Photos and MicroKitty [email protected] Cat anecdotes 4 July 26th 05 07:29 PM
The first photos of Ranger Dan M Cat anecdotes 28 May 5th 05 04:10 AM
Yahoo photos Candace Cat health & behaviour 5 May 2nd 05 12:58 PM
Phoebe & Babies - Photo's Lois Reay Cat anecdotes 6 September 18th 03 08:27 PM