Purrs and prayers for Catnipped

Old February 18th 11, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Purrs and prayers for Catnipped

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"cshenk" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote
"CatNipped" wrote

Catnipped was rushed to the emergency room on Thursday around noon.
10:30PM Thursday night they found out a portion of her intestine had
died due to no circulation.

So I ask, please, that purrs and prayers be sent her way, she has a
long road ahead and I will bring her messages to her until she is able
to respond to them herself.

Many purrs coming from here for her.

But please will no-one "ever" again have a stomach stapling operation
because you think you might be too fat.

Stop it Christina. Had she ever even had such surgery, that was a low
blow at this time.

I completely agree, Carol. This is not the time to make such a statement.

I think it is. It's so dangerous. I hope no-one will ever do it. Ever.
and may my post stop anyone doing it

Old February 18th 11, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Catnipped was rushed to the emergency room on Thursday around noon.
10:30PM Thursday night they found out a portion of her intestine had
died due to no circulation. By midnight she was being operated on and
had two and a half feet of intestine removed. She has infections in her
abdomen, blood and kidneys, her body temperature is a little over 93. As
the doctor explains it to me her condition is beyond critical. If she
makes it through the 1st 2 weeks her prognosis will be much better. She
is looking at a minimum 1 week in ICU and about 8 weeks before a second
surgery to reconnect her stomach and intestines. The good news is that
even though she has a tube down her throat and 10 IV's going at the same
time (literally, I counted them) she is awake, responding, complaining
and making the nurses jump through hoops for her. They tell me this is
actually a good thing. She is able to gesture and shake her head yes or
no to questions. She had told me before the surgery to let this group
know what was happening and I asked her today if this was still her
wish. She shook her head emphatically yes.

So I ask, please, that purrs and prayers be sent her way, she has a long
road ahead and I will bring her messages to her until she is able to
respond to them herself.

Many purrs coming from here for her.
But please will no-one "ever" again have a stomach stapling operation
because you
think you might be too fat.

I agree, but I don't think this is the time to bring it up.

I think this is the ideal time to say do not ever do it.

Old February 18th 11, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs and prayers are on the way. Thank you for letting us know.

--

Joy

Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.
- Carrie Fisher

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you all,
DH

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old February 18th 11, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

You didn't need to say it in this thread. Do you really think her husband
needs to read that right now?

Joy

Old February 18th 11, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

"Christina Websell" wrote

Lori never had that surgery. A niece or nephew is referenced as maybe
having had it. Now stop it.

Old February 19th 11, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

sending lots of purrs for Lori to be as comfortable as possible.

--
Adrian, sent from my iPod.
Old February 19th 11, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

I'm not taking any offense to Christina's statement, nor to anyone's reply
to it.
I think it's enough to say that dissension on either side is self defeating
to the intent of letting you guy's know what's going on. I have no hard
feelings or ill will for anyone's statements. The very least I can say is
that she is at least being thought of and that's all I really care about.

Thanks to all,
DH

--

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Feb 18, 4:40 pm, "cshenk" wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote

Lori never had that surgery. A niece or nephew is referenced as maybe
having had it. Now stop it.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...f?dmode=source

Here is something to busy you for the next couple minutes. Tweed was
around when this went down.
So was I. You were elsewhere as is obvious.
The management reserves any comment on the appropriateness of anyone's
comments.
"I defend your right to flap on about anything you wish to, anywhere
you want it said, no matter what
anyone else may think of you"
Beavis & Butthead
April 1, 1993

Old February 19th 11, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chris H[_3_]

Purrs and good healing thoughts coming from the Fairfax Fur Factory
and their hoomin!

Chris, Katie, Hazard and Oreo

Old February 19th 11, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

Not totally known what the cause was, and we may never know.
Yes, I am Ben, her husband.
Thank you for your thoughts, I'll try to keep everyone updated.

DH

(Short on time, short on sleep, forgive me if my post seems a bit abrupt.)

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

"cshenk" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote

(assuming her husband?)

Catnipped was rushed to the emergency room on Thursday around noon.
10:30PM Thursday night they found out a portion of her intestine had died
due to no circulation. By midnight she was being operated on and had two
and a half feet of intestine removed.

Do they know what caused it? She's my friend BTW. Tell her 'cshenk' is
purring for her and she's got 2 wagtails as well.

in ICU and about 8 weeks before a second surgery to reconnect her stomach
and intestines. The good news is that even though she has a tube down her
throat and 10 IV's going at the same time (literally, I counted them) she
is awake, responding, complaining and making the nurses jump through
hoops for her. They tell me this is actually a good thing.

Yes, though I've only been a nurses aide when it came to patient care and
many years ago, it's a good thing. I infer she has a colostomy setup just
now?

shake her head yes or no to questions. She had told me before the surgery
to let this group know what was happening and I asked her today if this
was still her wish. She shook her head emphatically yes.

Thank you. Some of us really care about her. I am one of them.

If things get odd here, my email is and I have her regular
email but do not know if you can access it.

Just let us know how Lori is ok?

Carol

Old February 19th 11, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pat Chlebowski

Thank you for the update on Lori... I will keep you both in my
prayers....