To Chew or not to Chew

Old December 21st 03, 06:45 AM
Hopitus2

Default To Chew or not to Chew

LOL. I found out when we had the Akita for over 13 years that d-pets will
eat anything, pretty much, unlike our smaller furry overlords. I have always
wondered why.

"CATherine" wrote in message
: I am eating supper and the cats take turns on the window ledge and my
: shoulders begging for roast beef.If i am busy cutting fat or gristle,
: I sometimes take a half-chewed piece out of my mouth for Amber. He
: likes it fine ; he can swallow it sooner and get more. But I just
: learned Robin doesn't like that. I don't know whether it is my saliva
: or he just likes to do his own chewing. You should have seen him
: pawing at the piece and then trying to cover it up!LOL! I had to give
: it to the dog.
:
: CATherine

Old December 21st 03, 07:16 AM
Marina

"Hopitus2" wrote
LOL. I found out when we had the Akita for over 13 years that d-pets will
eat anything, pretty much, unlike our smaller furry overlords. I have

always
wondered why.

Just more proof that we cats are a superior species and d*gs are shtupid

Purrs,
Frank Cat

Old December 21st 03, 07:39 AM

Marina wrote:

LOL. I found out when we had the Akita for over 13 years that d-pets will
eat anything, pretty much, unlike our smaller furry overlords. I have

always wondered why.

Just more proof that we cats are a superior species and d*gs are shtupid
Purrs,
Frank Cat

Not so fast, dude. What about all the *shredding* you felines do??

Joyce
Old December 21st 03, 01:23 PM
Marina

wrote

Not so fast, dude. What about all the *shredding* you felines do??

With your inferior mind, you call it shredding, we call it intricate
self-expression. It is Art!

Purrs,
Frank

Old December 22nd 03, 08:18 AM
Alan Sandoval

"CATherine" wrote in message
I am eating supper and the cats take turns on the window ledge and my
shoulders begging for roast beef.If i am busy cutting fat or gristle,
I sometimes take a half-chewed piece out of my mouth for Amber. He
likes it fine ; he can swallow it sooner and get more. But I just
learned Robin doesn't like that. I don't know whether it is my saliva
or he just likes to do his own chewing. You should have seen him
pawing at the piece and then trying to cover it up!LOL! I had to give
it to the dog.

CATherine

Cat food, the stuff you don't get at the market, is low fat. There is a
reason for that. Feeding any pet table scraps doesn't do them any favors.
They may love it for the moment, but you might just as well feed them ice
cream.

Old December 24th 03, 01:54 AM
Cheryl

Alan Sandoval wrote in on 22 Dec 2003:

but you might just as well feed them ice
cream.

My kitties are reading and saying YES YES ICE CREAM PLEASE!!!

--
Cheryl
Old December 24th 03, 03:57 AM
Steve Touchstone

On 24 Dec 2003 01:54:25 GMT, Cheryl
wrote:

Alan Sandoval wrote in on 22 Dec 2003:

but you might just as well feed them ice
cream.

My kitties are reading and saying YES YES ICE CREAM PLEASE!!!

Sammy had hers tonight - well, actually I let her lick my bowl
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old December 24th 03, 07:26 AM
LOL

wrote:

Alan Sandoval wrote in on 22 Dec 2003:

but you might just as well feed them ice
cream.

My kitties are reading and saying YES YES ICE CREAM PLEASE!!!

Sammy had hers tonight - well, actually I let her lick my bowl

Heehee. Once I let Mike lick a bit of coffee ice cream off my finger
- whoa! Have you ever seen a kitty with a major, major
sugar/caffeine/whatever rush? That's the only time I've ever seen him
actually wall surfing. It's also the only time he's ever had any ice
cream. ;-)

------
Krista