Big'Ead..........It's The Only Sollution.

Old January 20th 05, 03:50 PM
bonbon

Default Big'Ead..........It's The Only Sollution.

Right as we were moving to the new house, a tall, skinny, brown and
black tabby tom with an enormous head (hence the name) with his right
eye permanently and partially closed from an old battle wound decided
he was going to live with us.

We had him neutered and shots as soon as we were moved
in, but Big'Ead still stays out in the garage when we're not home
until he starts taking the litter box more seriously. (The garage
door stays propped open, but only during daylight hours because of owl
activity.)

Anyway, 'Ead has filled out so incredibly well we were noticing the
other day, that now his head appears to be rather small compared to
the rest of him. But he likes his name of Big'Ead. I'm relatively
sure it was the first and only name the poor guy ever had.

I think the answer is to change the spelling to Big Ed. Even though
cats CAN count, most of them can't spell, so I think we'll be alright.

-bonbon

Old January 20th 05, 05:18 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-20, bonbon penned:
[...]

Sounds like a wonderful solution to me!

Good luck with this cat (wouldn't want to call him a kitty and injure his
pride), and good luck with the litter box respect!

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 20th 05, 05:36 PM
CatNipped

"bonbon" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like a good solution to me. However, I wouldn't be too sure about
cats not being able to spell. When Bandit would come running every time we
even whispered the word tuna, DH and I resorted to spelling it out (along
with chicken), but after just a little while she soon came running even when
we spelled it (and before anyone even headed towards the kitchen much less
opened a can, so it was definitely the spelling she reacted to). We even
tried spelling out other words, but she ignored those and only came when we
spelled the word tuna!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 20th 05, 08:47 PM
Julie Cook

bonbon wrote:

Anyway, 'Ead has filled out so incredibly well we were noticing the
other day, that now his head appears to be rather small compared to
the rest of him. But he likes his name of Big'Ead. I'm relatively
sure it was the first and only name the poor guy ever had.

I think the answer is to change the spelling to Big Ed. Even though
cats CAN count, most of them can't spell, so I think we'll be alright.

-bonbon

This sounds exactly the way Sam looked to us. His head was enormous and
since he has slightly crossed eyes it gave him a dumb, goofy kitty look.
Now that the food is plentiful and he doesn't have to worry about
running from bad events he's filled out. These days I just think of him
as a 60's flower-cat. Sending purrs that Big Ed turns out to be as
special as Sam has been in our lives.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey and Sam

Old January 20th 05, 09:35 PM
Christine Burel

Awww, you're really nice to have taken him in. There is a cat litter made
by Dr. Elsey called Cat Attract litter (Petsmart carries it) ; it does work
and you might think about buying a bag and putting it in a litterbox in the
garage? It is not cheap but it does help I think and maybe he'd get the
idea with a little assist from this.
Christine

Old January 20th 05, 10:15 PM
polonca12000

Thank you for taking such good care of the poor kitty!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old January 20th 05, 11:26 PM
Yowie

"bonbon" wrote in message
[...]

Oooh! I do love those battle weary ones, all tough and macho on the outside,
all sweet and gooey on the inside.

May the purr be with him - and his slaves

Jpgs?

Yowie

Old January 21st 05, 01:21 AM
Shiral

He's not a tough kitty, he just looks the part! =o) I think Big Ed
is a great way to solve the conundrum. It will sound the same to him,
and he'll know that his Hoomins mean him.

Melissa