why do cats get on your chest while you sleep ?

Old July 9th 11, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default why do cats get on your chest while you sleep ?

On Saturday, July 9, 2011 12:07:18 PM UTC-6, hopitus wrote:
On Jul 9, 11:54*am, "Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:
On Saturday, July 9, 2011 11:39:34 AM UTC-6, BfloPolska wrote
In my case, it's because I'm a woman with big...talents, and they're
both soft and squishy and cats like to knead them. It's the only
explanation I could think of before reading about the heartbeat. But
all the cats but one like to knead my bezongas, and only one cat will
sleep on my husband's chest.
Baha

Yeah, I have cats who do that, but not when we're sleeping. *Only when sitting in "daddy's" chair. *
In my first response to the OP, I should have written that "when I *wake up with* one on my chest...."

Kneaders can't get to the goods if you are 1.Never-varying "side
sleeper" and 2. Pillow-hugger, which
results in very large ragdoll flopping on your head (no kneading)
knowing that lack of breathing air sure
to waken breakfast-bestower very quickly.

We have the cat @ss alarm clock, here. Smeagol and Marley are the two champs (and they get daddy about 5 minutes ahead of the alarm).
Old July 11th 11, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jul 9, 10:44*pm, "Smokie Darling (Annie)"
wrote:

We have the cat @ss alarm clock, here. *Smeagol and Marley are the two champs (and they get daddy about 5 minutes ahead of the alarm).-

Dunzi (RB- it's still painful to write that and I am tearing up) had
the alarm clock tactics perfectly she would scratch at the bedroom
door frame until someone (me) yelled at her then she'd wait
expectantly if however the possible breakfast giver (me) didn't move
then she'd pull the phone off the bedside table, followed by my
glasses case and then my coffee cup. If I being determined not to
encourage this picked them up and lay back down she'd pull them off
again in the same order. The second time was enough because by then
Dave was woken up and grumbling about her. She taught me very quickly
that the correct procedure when she started on the door frame was to
stagger into the kitchen and throw wet in the bowl then she would
graciously allow me to go back to bed as she liked her breakfast about
5AM.Would you believe I am still waking up at 5AM?! I even miss that

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball