Cats Intestines coming out!

Old February 4th 05, 02:52 AM
Kristy Boyd via CatKB.com

Default Cats Intestines coming out!

My cats intestines (or what looks like it) are coming out of his anus. At
first it was a small red looking ball, which is now the size of a golfball -
and that was just two days. I have been looking all over for information on
what this might be, and I need to know ASAP because my parents are taking
him to the vet tomorrow and possibly putting him to sleep!!!!! I need to
save my cat, please help if you know what this may be. Please!!!!!!!

Old February 4th 05, 03:04 AM
Steve G

Kristy Boyd via CatKB.com wrote:
My cats intestines (or what looks like it) are coming out of his

anus.
(...)
I need to
save my cat, please help if you know what this may be. Please!!!!!!!

Sounds like a prolapse of some sort:
http://www.vetinfo.com/cencyclopedia/ceprolapse.html

If there's any saving to be done, the vet'll be doing it...

Steve.

Old February 4th 05, 10:31 AM
I.P.Freely

"Kristy Boyd via CatKB.com" wrote in message
My cats intestines (or what looks like it) are coming out of his anus. At
first it was a small red looking ball, which is now the size of a

golfball -
and that was just two days. I have been looking all over for information

on
what this might be, and I need to know ASAP because my parents are taking
him to the vet tomorrow and possibly putting him to sleep!!!!! I need to
save my cat, please help if you know what this may be. Please!!!!!!!

Sounds just like a prolapsed rectum (Old people and gays usually get them),
not pleasant to look at but simple for a vet to fix.
--
I.P.Freely

I ain't p*ssed off. I'm in f*cking wonderment. I'm waiting to be kept happy
by another f*cking fairytale."
- Al Swearengen

Old February 4th 05, 02:11 PM
Luvskats00

"Mary" drools
Nice to see that your reading comprehension is improving.

Apparently, you pick fights with anyone..anytime. You on meds?
Old February 4th 05, 06:29 PM
Mary

My cats intestines (or what looks like it) are coming out of his anus. At
first it was a small red looking ball, which is now the size of a golfball -
and that was just two days. I have been looking all over for information on
what this might be, and I need to know ASAP because my parents are taking
him to the vet tomorrow and possibly putting him to sleep!!!!! I need to
save my cat, please help if you know what this may be. Please!!!!!!!

It sounds like rectal prolapse. He needs to get to a vet. There is a blockage
in his intestinal system which is causing him to strain and push out his
rectum. He'll need surgery to unblock and sew the rectum back in.
Old February 4th 05, 11:19 PM
Kathi Stein

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 01:52:28 GMT, "Kristy Boyd via CatKB.com"
wrote:

My cats intestines (or what looks like it) are coming out of his anus. At
first it was a small red looking ball, which is now the size of a golfball -
and that was just two days. I have been looking all over for information on
what this might be, and I need to know ASAP because my parents are taking
him to the vet tomorrow and possibly putting him to sleep!!!!! I need to
save my cat, please help if you know what this may be. Please!!!!!!!

My kitten had the same thing a couple of months ago. Scared the hell
out of me at first, but it was just a prolapsed rectum. The vet did
some stitching to hold the rectum in and let it heal. She's fine now.
She never seemed to notice it at all.

There's no reason to euthanize because of this. It's very fixable.