Louis the ****er update

Old June 7th 05, 04:06 AM
Brian Link

Default Louis the ****er update

(backstory - Louis = 3 yr old Bengal, neutered ridiculously early,
started marking while we were trying to integrate Henry)

We have both diffusers going downstairs, and a litterbox stationed at
his favorite spot. We've been using "Icky-poo-off" (iirc) which is
advertised to clean the smell of dead bodies, among other things, on
the spots he's tagged.

We've also bought "Cat-Attract" cat litter, which is supposed to
induce cats to pee in it, and have it loaded into two of our four
litter boxes (including the one upstairs).

We have made a special effort to play with him as much as possible,
and he's getting two-hour walks outside.

No peeing in the last 48 hours. And his attitude seems very
different...

fwiw, before this last push, he did in fact seem slightly "off" -
cringing from a petting stroke, sleeping frequently, and the
observations of a few humans who know him well that he was acting
strangely.

The current theory is that he was freaked out by our recent
basement-sealing, and that he's just now recovering.

More as we discover it.

BLink
Old June 7th 05, 06:03 PM
Priscilla H. Ballou

Brian Link wrote:

[snip]

fwiw, before this last push, he did in fact seem slightly "off" -
cringing from a petting stroke, sleeping frequently, and the
observations of a few humans who know him well that he was acting
strangely.

The current theory is that he was freaked out by our recent
basement-sealing, and that he's just now recovering.

More as we discover it.

Hey, Brian, I wonder if the basement-sealing produced an aroma that set
him off.

I'm interested in following this story, partly because it's plain old
interesting, but also because I figure if I learn a lot then I'm
guaranteeing I'll never have the sane problem. ;-) (knock on wood)

Priscilla