Momma cat may already be pregnant

Old November 18th 14, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
alien from planet x

Default Momma cat may already be pregnant

The momma cat started hissing and raising hell toward
her four month old kittens, then she went missing for
seven days. Now that she's back she looks like she has a
buldge and she's passing gas like the last time she was
pregnant. I had planned to get her fixed, but expected it
would be at least a few more months before I had to worry
about her going into heat. She cries to go out then stays
gone anywhere from eight to twelve hours each day.

If she is pregnant, and I take her to get fixed, how much of
a problem would it be to abort her pregnancy? It has been
extremely difficult to give away the three kittens, and there
are still three left. Not many people are interested in kittens.

Old November 18th 14, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 20:26:36 -0600, "alien from planet x"
wrote:

The momma cat started hissing and raising hell toward
her four month old kittens, then she went missing for
seven days. Now that she's back she looks like she has a
buldge and she's passing gas like the last time she was
pregnant. I had planned to get her fixed, but expected it
would be at least a few more months before I had to worry
about her going into heat. She cries to go out then stays
gone anywhere from eight to twelve hours each day.

If she is pregnant, and I take her to get fixed, how much of
a problem would it be to abort her pregnancy? It has been
extremely difficult to give away the three kittens, and there
are still three left. Not many people are interested in kittens.

If it's early, no problem at all. Where I live we have two cheap
clinics. North Shore Animal Hospital won't neuter if the cat is
pregnant, but the Humane Society will. So it seems to vary. It isn't a
medical issue for North Shore; it's safe for the mom, but they don't
like to abort the kittens. I understand, but don't agree. There are
too many cats in shelters as is.
Old November 21st 14, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
alien from planet x

wrote:
[...]

The cat went to the vet this morning. She fought me pretty hard
when I put her in the carrier. She was angry on the ride there.
It almost seemed like the cat knew what was happening.

The vet confirmed she is pregnant. She asked if I wanted to let the
cat have kittens, then get her fixed, I said ,No.

I just don't need more kittens I can't give away. The last time I had
kittens to give away was around twenty five years ago, at that time
it seemed like I didn't have enough, everyone wanted one.

This time I had to drive about 100 miles to show kittens to people
from other towns, and make sure they would have good homes.

--
Islam is the rabies of religion