I guess I've been adopted (ie front porch "gifts")

Old October 30th 05, 03:38 AM
Brian Link

Default I guess I've been adopted (ie front porch "gifts")

There are a few wandering cats in our neighborhood.. hard to tell
who's a stray and who's a poor schmuck whose owner lets them roam.

One guy, a ring-tailed tabby, seems to have a particular fondness for
us. He's most often seen.

Yesterday my wife found a headless baby possum corpse on our steps.
Other than a halloween prank, my only other explanation would be a
gift from a cat.

Do you think a cat that hasn't really gotten close to us (except one
cold night where he hopped up on our car hood and purred when we
pulled up) would feel "homed" enough to start bringing us gifts?

BLink
Old October 30th 05, 06:13 AM
whitershadeofpale

Brian Link wrote:
There are a few wandering cats in our neighborhood.. hard to tell
who's a stray and who's a poor schmuck whose owner lets them roam.

One guy, a ring-tailed tabby, seems to have a particular fondness for
us. He's most often seen.

Yesterday my wife found a headless baby possum corpse on our steps.
Other than a halloween prank, my only other explanation would be a
gift from a cat.

Do you think a cat that hasn't really gotten close to us (except one
cold night where he hopped up on our car hood and purred when we
pulled up) would feel "homed" enough to start bringing us gifts?

BLink

I don't think you get gifts unless you're feeding the cat
mmhmmm

are you feeding the cat

Old October 30th 05, 12:56 PM
Joe Canuck

Brandy Alexandre wrote:
Brian Link wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

There are a few wandering cats in our neighborhood.. hard to tell
who's a stray and who's a poor schmuck whose owner lets them roam.

One guy, a ring-tailed tabby, seems to have a particular fondness for
us. He's most often seen.

Yesterday my wife found a headless baby possum corpse on our steps.
Other than a halloween prank, my only other explanation would be a
gift from a cat.

Do you think a cat that hasn't really gotten close to us (except one
cold night where he hopped up on our car hood and purred when we
pulled up) would feel "homed" enough to start bringing us gifts?

BLink

I don't have an answer for you, but if it's a gift, that's sweet! Not
that I'm fond of beheaded opossums, but I would feel honored to receive
one from a stray that I hadn't gotten especially close to yet.

No, you would be on here venting about the dead body you had to dispose
of. :-D
Old October 30th 05, 10:02 PM

About homeless kitties... tomorrow I go in for a total hip replacement.
In January, I go in for the other. In the past 2 weeks, our computer
crashed with amajor virus ($150 to fix), the toilet broke twice ($70),
Cookies,our Himalayan, had to have oral surgery ($250),my grandson had
minor surgery. I did not need to have someone drop off at my house 2
8month old kitties. they are the sweetest cats. And, did I mention that
I have 5 other cats? Anyway, I just wanted to rant. The cats have been
fixed, have had their shots, and love our home. now, I need names.
Thanks for listening.

Old October 30th 05, 10:39 PM
cybercat

wrote in message
oups.com...
About homeless kitties... tomorrow I go in for a total hip replacement.

Good luck with the procedure, I understand the results are just
amazing, though the recovery takes a while. I know you will
be glad you had the surgery.

In January, I go in for the other. In the past 2 weeks, our computer
crashed with amajor virus ($150 to fix), the toilet broke twice ($70),
Cookies,our Himalayan, had to have oral surgery ($250),my grandson had
minor surgery.

Wow, that's a lot to hit you all in a short time span.

I did not need to have someone drop off at my house 2
8month old kitties. they are the sweetest cats. And, did I mention that
I have 5 other cats? Anyway, I just wanted to rant. The cats have been
fixed, have had their shots, and love our home. now, I need names.
Thanks for listening.

When you get home and feel up to it, post some photos! We could
have a "name-off!" You're so good to take them. Were they dropped
by strangers or brought over by a friend?