If we ever needed purrs

Old February 5th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Default You'd have to have a heart of stone to laugh at this (TW or BW)

Lesley wrote:
On Feb 3, 12:35 pm, "Joy" wrote:
I'm just reading this 2 1/2 hours after you posted it. I don't see anything
later from you, so I'm hoping that is a good sign.

Sort of ...yes, Dave went out and had a very good time. The "Usual
Suspects" were in the ~"Bells" and Dave always gets on with Jim so we
went from "Let's sit outside and just have the one" to "Is it closing
time already?" and Dave said he really enjoyed himself and let's do
the quiz on Wednesday and we set off home

This is where I discovered a black cat crossing your path is not
always lucky. When we got in, Dunzi ran out so mindful of her recent
attempts to give me a heart attack I went to get her. Good she was
taking the hint and coming down to run past me...then

She veered in towards me and ever mindful that a slave is not allowed
to stand on a furry owner I tried to step back but I wasn't quite on
the step To dunzi's amusement (she is trying to kill me!) my foot
rolled away from the step and I sat down hard! Hauled myself up and
hobbled to bed- just a pulled muscle no real harm done, just a bit
stiff that's all...

No it wasn't a few hours later when I decided I needed the loo, it
took me 20 minutes to cover 20 feet and to say it hurt was an
understatement. Couldn't sleep because I couldn't get into a
comfortable position and even when I found something that passed as
hideously uncomfortable as opposed to unbearably agonising
uncomfortable as soon as I moved in my sleep I woke up whimpering.

By this morning my right foot was somewhat larger than nature intended
and I could not even walk to the loo, Dave made me coffee in bed (I
said "The things I do to get you to make me a coffee") I called in
sick and then dialled 999.

That was a production first of all when they arrived my one appeal was
along the lines of "Could you help me reach the loo? Before I wet
myself" I finally see a point to the rail by the loo, nice of Dave to
have that fitted for such an eventuality, Then they tried to get me to
hop down stairs on my good leg but I couldn't ao we had to wait for an
age for a second crew so I could be stretchered out- Dunzi was nowhere
to be seen unsurprisingly.

in the ambulance they took my blood pressure and pronouced it high to
which the answer was "I've just been carried down a flight of stairs
and one of you kept making bad jokes about dropping me" in fact a
second reading was a lot better- I hate being carried on those chairs
that tip my instincts urge me to sit up or hang onto the bannisters-
Very scary

Then of course it's wait round for an age, get assessed, get X-rayed
get called back in to find....after the consultant has examined me (he
saw something he wasn't sure about on the X-ray) (I was worried sick
when they said I had to see the consultant- I said "I'm a carer I have
to go home tonight" and he said "We're not keeping you in" and I said
"That's what you told my partner in September 2006" and he said "And?"
"He was in hospital for four and a half months after that") that I
have sprained my ankle very badly.

this was not news to me I have done it before so now all I need is
strapping and crutches...

They don't do strapping anymore apparently it slows down the healing
time. this particular nurse seemed to think with one crutch I can walk
on my foot. I couldn't even stand up! She brought another crutch I
stood up and fell back onto the chair. She got some painkillers (They
are getting slack down there, she didn't ask me if I had already taken
any and the X-ray people didn't ask if I could be pregnant- maybe they
just looked at me and thought "NAH"). waited for them to work and
still it was all I could do to half stand and then fall back onto the
chair.

Finally she gave up and sent in the chief physio guy, he tells me that
sticking a Tubigrip bandage just has a placebo effect it's all in my
mind. I retort that I have had good results from this so if it's only
making me think with that bit of support I can stand better then who
cares? amazingly he relents and puts it on (probably afraid I would
stay the night) and to demonstrate it works for me I managed half a
dozen slow steps on the crutches then to his probable annoyance
pointed out that I couldn't get my shoe on the affected foot so could
he find something? I now have one of those sandals Dave wears

Managed to crawl out of the hospital and called the cab firm over the
road who know me back from when Dave was in hospital. Blessedly they
sent a driver who knows me and he brought me back via the shops where
he even got what I needed while I queued (I am in obvious pain,
walking on 2 crutches and did one person say "Go in front of me"? Nah)
then brought me back and even brought the shopping in for me. He got
probably the best tip he'll see this year!

So I can hobble but I need to get my strength up in that leg so I can
catch that damn cat

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Geez, Lesley. Purrs coming your way to heal up so you can whack Dunzi.
Shall I send you a squirt bottle until then?

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old February 5th 08, 12:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 4, 8:00*pm, sam wrote:

Geez, Lesley. *Purrs coming your way to heal up so you can whack Dunzi.
* Shall I send you a squirt bottle until then?

Alas the little b***ard waited until I was in bed last night and then
came and gave me a full wide eyed head tilted look and purred and I
couldn't turn over to get her so i somehow ended up giving her
skritchies!

Hoomins-0 cats- 1,000 again!

Old February 5th 08, 12:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 4, 1:45*pm, "Adrian" wrote:

I have to admit to having a heart of stone, I did laugh at parts of that.

i suppose some of it was funny like trying to get to the loo with two
ambulance staff- our bathroom isn't very big and they were trying to
avoid standing in the litter trays!

And when we got to the hospital, they carted me out on a stretcher and
as they were doing this, the guy at the bottom end suddenly seemed to
get smaller and smaller and the end of the stretcher started to drop
giving me visions of sliding off, "Oy what's happeming?" said the lady
holding the head end. "I've got the handle caught in my trousers belt"
was the answer.

We were still laughing at that when we went into A&E, which got us
some funny looks.

That wasn't much fun I ended up going in the same way Dave went and
having to sit down where we waited for a while the night he was
admitted- i was so glad when they took me to minor injuries. Later I
ended up sitting on the forecourt waiting for my cab, sitting in a
porters chair watching Whitechapel high street going by which was a
nostalgic moment I could have done without (and that cafe that saved
him (and me) from malnutrition has closed and been replaced by
another halal fried chicken place-I must be the only person in the
whole of East London who can't stand that stuff since everyone else
must be
eating it three times a day to keep so many of them in business!)

Old February 5th 08, 12:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 4, 12:30*pm, "Granby" wrote:

Secondly, where I come from a black cat crossing your path IS said to be bad
luck. *I remember my mother making us walk three blocks so as not to have to
walk the same bricks as the black cat we saw.

Apparently in America it is unlucky to have a black cat cross your
path but in the UK it's considered lucky (unless it's Dunzi with
murderous intentions that is!)

Old February 5th 08, 12:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

this is part of why I read this group. customs, traditions are so different
in every culture, and when you throw in the different upbringings it really
is fascinating, Lee

Old February 5th 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 4, 5:05*pm, mlbriggs wrote:
. *I feel that the broken foot healed faster than the
sprain. *

I do wish that people would stop telling me how long a sprain takes to
get over! The best I can do is this week then I'll have to be back at
work and even this week might not be possible although Bev says to
play it by ear and if I have to come in late and go early for a few
days then we'll have to do that I can at least do some typing (That;s
going to be fun, I use my right foot for the audio pedals) and cover a
phone or two

Dave's being good as I have always said, he's there for me when the
chips are down even if some of the rest of the time he can be a pain.
Our first problem is there is nothing in much too eat, I was too
distracted and sore when I went to the shop with the cab driver I
picked up something for last night and cat food and realised this
morning we are down to half a pack of cookies (I was going to go
shopping last night after work because we were out on Sunday) so I may
have to walk to the shop. Dave says he can get downstairs so he'll
order a Chinese on his credit card later on to be delivered to save me
that for today- i could probably walk to the shop and back up the
stairs but i don't know about getting down the stairs but I might try
later or else actually have to ask a cab from next door but one to
drive me over the road and then back! (I suppose it's expensive but I
am not having the buy lunch at work)

Old February 5th 08, 01:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Lesley wrote:

And when we got to the hospital, they carted me out on a stretcher and
as they were doing this, the guy at the bottom end suddenly seemed to
get smaller and smaller and the end of the stretcher started to drop
giving me visions of sliding off, "Oy what's happeming?" said the lady
holding the head end. "I've got the handle caught in my trousers belt"
was the answer.

LOL!

We're sending many purrs for your poor ankle and 'don't do that' vibes
to Dunzi.

Old February 5th 08, 01:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

It can be like watching someone falling on ice. Not really funny but poetry
in motion can make you laugh. Being very low vision, my family has had many
laughs at my expense. Like when I tried to mow the lawn with the riding
lawn mower, mowed two rose bushes down, and stopped dead still when I hit a
clothesline support. I would have killed one of them if they had run over
the rose bush. Some things are just funny. Either that or you have to be
warped a bit to find the humor in them. Guilty.

Old February 5th 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default But should i place this ad?

I was supposed to meet a fellow slave for lunch today so I emailed him
to let him know i wouldn't make it. Just got his reply "I suppose
you'll be placing an ad in the local paper "4 year old black female
cat fully litter trained, genuine reason for getting rid of her. Free
to bad home"

As if I could- his next line was "How long did it take before she
wormed her way back into your affections?"