The Wall (OT)

Old May 13th 12, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default The Wall (OT)

Has now been mentioned. It didn't go down a bundle.

I was doing some pruning in my garden this morning, when I saw the man of
the house peeping round the end of it into my garden, I don't think he knew
I was there. I've been waiting for the opportunity to speak to him as he is
rarely there and I refuse to deal with his university-age daughter who drew
up the ridiculous document she hoped I would sign.
I was polite, I said "I'd like to have a word with you about this wall that
you have build over the boundary into my garden - I'd like you to have the
part that is over the boundary taken down so the wall is only on your land."
He tried to say that it wasn't. I invited to him to see the fence further
down my garden that shows where the boundary is (when his plot was once as
long as mine before he bought it) and that fence has been there for 25
years. Also the fence that was recently put up nearer his house, i.e, in
his shortened plot and it does not correspond with that, either. I also
pointed out a tree near the boundary that has always been mine which now has
it's roots covered with *his* gravel.
He started punching numbers into his mobile phone. I said "I want the wall
taken down to your boundary very soon" and walked off.
Let the battle commence :-)

Only two weeks (or so) ago the owner of the longer plot which was sold to
build this house (if you see what I mean) had to come here over a dangerous
tree, and noticed immediately that they'd built the wall at the bottom of
their garden over his boundary too.
It's up to him whether he wants to pursue that, but I certainly do!
Even if my neighbour has measured out his garden, which he claims, it would
still be mine as I have had it for 25+ years, and the law here says if you
have had it for more than 12 years it's yours.
It might seem ridiculous to fight about mere feet and inches but it matters.
I know he is wrong as I have always known where the boundary is and it's not
where he thinks it is.
How easy to build a wall over the boundary to steal a little bit of land
when your neighbour is in hospital. How easy to think when she returns
using a zimmer frame she will let him get away with it.
Bad luck they are having, isn't it?
I'm off my zimmer frame and up for a fight.
They cost me loadsa money having a drop kerb put in so I could get my car
out so get ready for the wall war.

Tweed

Old May 13th 12, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

I've been waiting to talk to him. He's built his wall into my garden and now
he knows my objection. He has a few weeks to get it out of my garden or we
go the legal route. He cannot win and if I take him to court (which I will
if he refuses) he will end up paying my legal costs as well as his.

Old May 13th 12, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
[...]

I bet he didn't expect you to tackle him about the wall. Nice one! I love
your parting line.

I too would fight him.

Judith

I was always going to do it. I just had to wait a while.
Tweed

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Old May 14th 12, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

[...]

(snippage)
Tweed

Of course you're in the right and it is not ridiculous. I wish you the best
of luck in fighting these land-grabbing neighbors. It's your property, not
theirs.

Jill

Old May 14th 12, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Christina Websell wrote:
Has now been mentioned. It didn't go down a bundle.

Good luck with the wall. Hopefully your nasty neighbours will be smart
about it and you won't have to go to court over it.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety
Old May 14th 12, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Nadia N." wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
Has now been mentioned. It didn't go down a bundle.

Good luck with the wall. Hopefully your nasty neighbours will be smart
about it and you won't have to go to court over it.

I hope not to have to take it that far, but I will if I have to. I will
point out to them that they cannot win and will end up paying my costs. The
wall will have to have the part that is into my garden, demolished.

Old May 14th 12, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pat Chlebowski

I wish you the best of luck with your wall..

Old May 14th 12, 08:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 14/05/2012 9:41 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
"Nadia wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
Has now been mentioned. It didn't go down a bundle.

Good luck with the wall. Hopefully your nasty neighbours will be smart
about it and you won't have to go to court over it.

I hope not to have to take it that far, but I will if I have to. I will
point out to them that they cannot win and will end up paying my costs. The
wall will have to have the part that is into my garden, demolished.

If you're on good terms with the other neighbour that has the wall over
their property, I'd be tempted to have a word with them about it, too.
It might be easier if you go in together, and the wall can be removed in
one action rather than two, IYSWIM.

Good luck, although I know you won't need it, since the law is squarely
on your side with this one.

Yowie

White Wall to Wall Carpeting and 8 Cats bonbon Cat anecdotes 57 August 5th 07 01:59 PM
He went up the wall Pat Cat anecdotes 10 July 15th 07 04:04 PM
New shadow on the wall badwilson Cat anecdotes 10 November 17th 06 03:03 AM
scratching the wall yepp Cat anecdotes 11 March 21st 06 04:55 AM
I drove my cat up a wall Whiplash Cat health & behaviour 5 March 9th 06 02:49 PM