Scout and Silly go to the TED

Old July 25th 05, 03:19 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit

Default Scout and Silly go to the TED

We're going to Orlando this week (later today in fact) and we really
didn't want to leave the girls anywhere without having them
microchipped first. When we inquired last month the animal shelter
said they'd do it cheap any time, only when we called back on Saturday
morning they were out of microchips till next weekend! Then we called
our TED, and they were fullybooked till Wednesday. So John started
calling different clinics until he found one that had chips and
appointments available.

The girls seemed to know something was going on... they didn't come
and cuddle with us at all yesterday, and they didn't sleep on the bed
last night (John says that Scouty did come in and snuggle me, but only
after she was sure I was fast asleep!) This morning they were nowhere
to be seen, and John tracked them into the corner of the spare room.
Cue chase scene from a Hollywood cop movie (or perhaps Laurel and
Hardy)
Cats - 'They're after us! Run! Run! (pant pant) Okay, that's not
working. Let's split up - they can only chase one of us at a time!
Me - 'Here Scouty girl... here sweety pie... John, she's in the
bedroom.'
John brings the carrier into the room and puts it down on the bed.
Scout- WHOOSH! Under the bed she goes.
Me - SCOUTY! (gets down on floor and peers under the bed.) Right,
she's over at the far side with her nose peeping out. (goes around the
bed and tries to grab her) John! She's coming your way!
Scouty - WHOOSH! Out the bed, through John's legs and into the hall.
Then she stops and stares at us from the doorway. She's eventually
cornered in the living room and I grab her, take her into the bedroom
and slide her into the carrier with no further complaints. Then it's
Silver's turn.
Silly - UHOH! They got her! Better go hide! (runs into the corner of
the spare room and hides under the tableframe with boxes on it).
Me - Sillybilly, I'm not going to hurt you, come to Meowmie.
Silly - slides further under the tableframe.
Me - You can't get away that easily sweety. (lifts the boxes off the
top of the tableframe.
Silly - Oh no! She can SEE ME! (runs into the livingroom, past John
and around the coffee table. John grabs for her and she darts back
into the spare room and into the same corner. Repeat process except
that this time I get a grip on her as she darts out of the corner.
Me - It's okay Silly girl! (tries to slide her into the carrier)
Silly - I'm NOT GETTING IN THAT THING! (plants her paws on either side
of the entrance and refuses to budge.)
Me - You have to go whether you like it or not... (John picks up the
carrier and slants it and we try again. Silly plants her paws on the
front of the carrier and pushes backwards. One more attempt and she's
in and I close the door on her before she can escape.)
Silly - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Paws at catch to try and get the door
to open.

After all that, the TED was very uneventful. They mewed all the way
there, but it was only five minutes away from the house. They were
weighed and then chipped and then we paid the bill while they stared
with interest at a large and friendly D-creature out in the waiting
room. They've never seen a dog before! btw, the Vet thinks they're
getting too fluffy for their own good Scouty is almost fifteen
pounds, and Silly clocked in at around thirteen. She said we should
switch them to Science Diet Lite after they finish this bag of the
regular stuff... we're home now and they've already forgiven me - I
think they were very relieved not to have things stuck up their butts
or to be manhandled! Poor babies...

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life