Purrs for neighborhood cats.

Old April 12th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
kraut

Default Purrs for neighborhood cats.

Please sends prayers and purrs for cats that need a home.

A neighbor is loosing his house the end of month and is going to rent
a place and he can not take his 7 indoor / outdoor cats with him.
They are all adult cats that have been fixed. I have been feeding
them for several years along with the strays and have a feeling that
they are just going to be left behind.

He is disabled and on welfare or SSI or whatever and is down to the
point where he had to strip the aluminum siding off his house to sell
to keep going. As I said he is loosing his house because of bills and
no money.

Thing is the Humane Society want only kittens or cats they can easily
place and the local county shelter charges $10.00 per animal for
surrenders which would be about $70.00 which he does not have and then
they will most likely be put down (Which to me is better then be
abandoned on the streets).

I told him to take some of the freindlier one to Humane Society and if
they seen them they might take them. I also suggested to try the free
for free ads which is better then the alternatives. I already have
taken in 6 strays and can not take more. I have tryed everyone that I
have not hit up for taking in strays. Plus I live on a fixed income
so I can not afford to put out money for his 7 cats.

All I can do is feed them if he leaves them behind and take them to
the shelter as stray before next winter where they will take strays
for free and keep for 3 days before ---

I know I will get a lot of suggestions but keep in mind that I can not
take in more cats. I have called everyone I know to no avail. I
tryed all local shelter and they would take them if they were younger,
up on their shots, ETC. I have put the free for free ads but people
want kittens.

Please sends prayers and purrs for cats that need a home.

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Reply to news groups for all to see please.

_
/ )
(\__/) ( (
) ( ) )
={ }= / /
) `-------/ /
( /
\ |
,'\ , ,'
`-'\ ,---\ | \
_) ) `. \ /
(__/ ) )
(_/

(\__/)
)oo(
={ }=

Old April 13th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

Try to locate a no-kill shelter or cat rescue group near where you
live. There has to be one somewhere.

************************************************* ****

Old April 13th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

six cats all solemly purr:
2 of uses iz throw awayz, 2 of uses is Mizz Violette's kittenz, 1 of uses
iza foundling anna 1 of uses wuz reskued anna dopted by da hoomanz furma
shelter... Tiger for his very sad house

Old April 16th 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Meowmie Carol

You are in such a difficult situation, and I can tell you are a caring
person. I hope things work out, I wish I had some suggestions, but
the only one I can think of has already been suggested (the no kill
shelter). In my area, there are some people with farms who will
accept cats if you contact them (do not dump the cats on a farm, they
may have too many already) some of these have heated barns, and the
life of a barn cat isn't what you would think.

Old April 17th 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
kraut

Default Purrs for neighborhood cats. = UPDATE

wrote:

[...]

Update on above cats.

We have found homes for 2 of the above cats (Smokey & Blackie) and
they have decided to take the old guy (Saggy) with them so that leaves
4 left that still are working on.

After having them hang out at our place and feeding them for these
years it is like loosing my own furbabies. I miss them already (The 2
that have gone to other homes). I just hope they keep Saggy indoors
because they will live on a busy 4 lane road. If not at least keep
him in til he learns that is his new home.

Prayers and purrs for the rest.

TIA

Old April 17th 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

good work, and remember a home away from you is better than the bridge,
still praying for you and your friends, soft

Old April 17th 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

It is wonderful you are placing the cats into good forever homes! God
bless you.
Sekretary John, Cinder, Beauty

Old April 18th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
kraut

[...]

Only thing is that I have been trying to find homes for strays for so
long now that I am about out of people to hit on that I know will made
good furbaby parents.

These last two went to a freind of a freind for barn cats in a heated
barn for winters with a heated water thing and in the country away
from main roads. Only thing is that they were indoor / outdoor cats
which makes the transition a bit easier but they were used to always
having people around and at least being fed dry food always. Now to
go to mousing for their food (He will feed them dry during transition)
makes me worry about my buddies. At least it is summer and they have
each other for company AND THEY ARE ALIVE!!

Keep sending prayers and purrs that we find someplace for the other
four.

Old April 29th 07, 05:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Fur Conspiracy

Purrrzzzzzz!

The Fur Conspiracy:
Ms. Martha-Mound (VC, TGK), Mr. GrowlTiger (DOC),
Shadow da Pup, and (Furry) Fred
also Mr. TigerSam (PC) and Clarence da Choklit Moose
[Edit it to make it work.]