is this normal?

Old February 11th 04, 01:36 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:17:30 -0500, "frigamia"
wrote:

Yes? Did you want to say something? My computer doesn't want to behave.

Mia, Misha and the belly

"m. L. Briggs" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:27:03 -0500, "frigamia"
wrote:

Hello there,

My cat Misha is 40 days pregnant today. Everything is going very good.

She
seems happy, she "talks" and purrs as much as she always did. She's been
more quiet in the sence that she doesn't play so much or climb the cat

tree
so much anymore but I would imagine that is normal. I called her vet
yesterday morning to make sure I was doing everything all right. It is a
long time ago we had pregnancy in the house, as my 3 other cats are

spayed.

The vet adviced me to start mixing kitten food with her usual food... and
increase the kitten food as time goes. This is very good for pregnant and
nursing cats.
Here comes the thing...
Misha has been eating SO much lately. I had noticed that she was eating

more
before I put her on kitten food, which is normal with the pregnancy...

But
now that I feed her away from the other ones, I notice it even more. She

is
asking for food very often. I'm wondering if it's ok? Should I give her

food
each time she asks for it? or is this just because she likes it so much?
She,s always been a good eater, but now I'm afraid to give her too much.

was thinking I could give her the kitten food 3 times a day, and if she

is
more hungry, the "adult" food is always available at "the normal cat food
place". What should I do? I know she needs to eat smaller portions, more
often in the day, because of the pregnancy and the belly taking so much
space ...
Other than that, she rests a lot... and as I said, everything is fine,

her
litter box activities are normal as well... Oh and talking about box...

she
even already took property of the birthing box I put out for her in a

quiet
corner of my room.

Thanks for help and advice... As you can see, I'm watching her pregnancy
closely... counting the days and making sure all is normal. I know I'll

get
messages telling me that this cat shoudl be spayed and I'm such an idiot

let her have babies... tell if you like.

Regards,
Mia and Misha.

Old February 11th 04, 01:40 AM
Cheryl

m. L. Briggs wrote in on
10 Feb 2004:

wrote:

Yes? Did you want to say something? My computer doesn't want to
behave.

ML, if you reply on the same line as the original post, it is hard to
differentiate it from the OP. I've noticed this a few times and on
other times I've given up trying to find where you posted your comment.

--
Cheryl

Trapped like rats. In a chia-pet.
MIB II

Old February 11th 04, 01:42 AM
m. L. Briggs

wrote:

[...]

She,s always been a good eater, but now I'm afraid to give her too much. I
was thinking I could give her the kitten food 3 times a day, and if she is
more hungry, the "adult" food is always available at "the normal cat food
place". What should I do? I know she needs to eat smaller portions, more
often in the day, because of the pregnancy and the belly taking so much
space ...
Other than that, she rests a lot... and as I said, everything is fine, her
litter box activities are normal as well... Oh and talking about box... she
even already took property of the birthing box I put out for her in a quiet
corner of my room.

Thanks for help and advice... As you can see, I'm watching her pregnancy
closely... counting the days and making sure all is normal. I know I'll get
messages telling me that this cat shoudl be spayed and I'm such an idiot to

Old February 11th 04, 03:04 AM
frigamia

ok well let's hope your computer will quiet down so you can give me your
opinion on what i wrote

Mia, misha and the belly

wrote:

Yes? Did you want to say something? My computer doesn't want to

behave.

Mia, Misha and the belly

.. .

Old February 11th 04, 12:06 PM
Luvskats00

I hope that you have pledges for homes for the kittens when they are ready to
separate from the mother cat. Whatever the reason you allowed this to happen,
you should step up to the plate and assume full responsibility. Don't go to
the market with a box and a sign saying free kittens...don't swing by the
shelter and dump the kittens...act responsively.