cat shows

Old April 28th 04, 02:55 PM
kaeli

In article , oldmolly1955
@REMOVETHISbitches.co.uk enlightened us with...
Oops, I assumed that as I amreading a UK newsgroup I would be reading
about UK cat shows. I didn't realise you had crossposted this to other
newsgroups.

Not me.
I just hit reply to your post. Either you or someone you replied to did,
or someone they replied to did, etc.

The original message (I think, looking at my archives), with headers, I
replied to:

Subject: cat shows
From: good golly Ms Molly
Newsgroups: uk.rec.pets.misc, rec.pets.cats.misc
You were replying to Kristine from your quote attributes.

~kaeli~
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable
from magic.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Old April 28th 04, 02:56 PM
kaeli

In article , oldmolly1955
@REMOVETHISbitches.co.uk enlightened us with...

Oops, I assumed that as I amreading a UK newsgroup I would be reading
about UK cat shows. I didn't realise you had crossposted this to other
newsgroups.

Note: my newsserver doesn't even carry uk.rec.pets.misc. I just noticed
that.

Old April 28th 04, 03:15 PM
Kristine Kochanski

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:52:50 -0500, kaeli
wrote:

In article ,
enlightened us with...

Dogs aren't territorial like cats, nor are they trapped inside cages.

Of course they are. Have you ever had a dog? They make wonderful guards
for the exact reason that they are territorial (most, not all).

I phrased that wrongly, I was trying to make the point (badly,
obviously!) that cats are territory-led and don't like being removed
from it. Dogs are used to going long walks, trips in the car, visits
with their owners. Although they fiercely guard their home territory
(and it's not really the territory, is it? it's the pack they're
protecting), they're also used to going places so going to a show
isn't as stressful as taking a cat out of the environment it spends
24/7 in.

(most) Dogs are territorial and they are often crated (caged) both for
the trip to the show and at it. It's safest.

Again, I didn't put that very well, the dogs don't spend their
showtime sitting miserable in a cage, only taken out to be examined.
They get a chance to show off, please their owner, get a few treats.
There's much more in it for the dog at the show than a cat.

I'm sure the dogs are happier than the cats about shows, though. You
know what they say about dogs, right?
Dog thought:
Oh, breakfast! My favorite!
Oh, Daddy, my favorite!
Oh, the car, my favorite!
and so on. *LOL*

:-D

Old April 28th 04, 03:18 PM
Kristine Kochanski

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:49:09 -0500, kaeli
wrote:

In article ,
enlightened us with...
I appreciate the ethos behind it, but how many clipped poodles are
water dogs as opposed to pets? And why do some people dye them pink or
blue, it's horrible. Poor doggies. I'd rather see them as nature
intended tbh.

Nature didn't intend anything.
We bred them.

Yeah ( I'd still rather see them as nature intended though. Nature
creates the most beautiful creatures without us interfering.

Those cuts are for show dogs and working dogs. The vast majority of
Poodles (at least here in the States) are kept in a puppy, or lamb, cut.

As to the dyeing, I've no clue. I don't like it at all.

Of course, I truly doubt the dog cares a whit what it's hair looks like.
The aren't that vain IME. *G*

Heheh, I don't know, my friend had a stunning big Old English
Sheepdog. Every summer it would go and have all its hair shorn off and
he just *knew* he looked stupid, he'd mope around miserable for days,
heheh.

Old April 28th 04, 03:19 PM
Kristine Kochanski

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:55:50 -0500, kaeli
wrote:

In article , oldmolly1955
enlightened us with...
Oops, I assumed that as I amreading a UK newsgroup I would be reading
about UK cat shows. I didn't realise you had crossposted this to other
newsgroups.

Not me.

I crossposted it in the original post. Since I've subscribed to both
groups for ages I thought I'd double my chances of a reply. Apologies
if you don't like it.

High everybody-looking for the website that shows CARB and PROTEIN content for kitty food! thanks. edirol Cat health & behaviour 14 September 14th 04 11:02 PM
Las Vegas OT Bev Cat anecdotes 28 May 11th 04 07:20 PM
Mighty huntress shows mighty annoyance ;-) dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 2 November 12th 03 12:50 PM