Adoption Day

Old June 4th 05, 07:06 AM
Melissa Houle

Default Adoption Day

No, I haven' t added a new cat to my already full household. I just want
to mark the 17th anniversary of the day I brought Panther and the late
Isadora home as 8 week old bitties. Thus I embarked on my ailurophilic
adventure that I've enjoyed tremendously. =o) Since I didn't know what
their respective birthdays were, we celebrated Adoption Day, June 3,
instead.

It was funny, at the shelter, Pan climbed right into my lap and started to
purr and wash my face. I figured he was one kitten who really knew what
side his bread was buttered on. Isadora was the shy one, and the first thing
she did when I got them home and out of their carrier was to run and hide in
the closet. But she turned out to be the friendly one, or at least the
assertive one, and Panther has always been more shy and retiring. One of
the first things Pan did that first day was to get himself stuck under the
refrigerator, and it took me several minutes to discover where his
frightened little mews were coming from. I successfully got him out of
there--I can't remember how--but I was so frantic, I was ready to try
lifting that refrigerator up off my helpless little baby. =o)

So Congratulations dear Pan. I hope we'll celebrate year eighteen at this
time in 2006.

Melissa

Old June 4th 05, 07:49 AM
Marina

Melissa Houle wrote:
So Congratulations dear Pan. I hope we'll celebrate year eighteen at this
time in 2006.

Hoppy Anniversary, Panther! May you have many more!

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 4th 05, 03:42 PM
Irulan

Happy Adoption Day to Pan and his meowmie. You are a kind soul.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old June 4th 05, 03:59 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 06:06:43 GMT, "Melissa Houle"
yodeled:

[...]

The Bionic Woman!!!

Have any bitty pix of Pan?

So Congratulations dear Pan. I hope we'll celebrate year eighteen at this
time in 2006.

Concatulatory purrs for the resilient and ever-dignified Unka Pan!!

Theresa
Old June 4th 05, 06:01 PM
yepp

[...]

Great story and Congratulations! Happy Day indeed!

Old June 4th 05, 11:03 PM
polonca12000

Happy adoption day!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Melissa Houle" wrote in message
No, I haven' t added a new cat to my already full household. I just want
to mark the 17th anniversary of the day I brought Panther and the late
Isadora home as 8 week old bitties. Thus I embarked on my ailurophilic
adventure that I've enjoyed tremendously. =o) Since I didn't know what
their respective birthdays were, we celebrated Adoption Day, June 3,
instead.

snip

Old June 5th 05, 06:40 AM
Singh

Congratulations!!!

We look for any excuse to party for the cats. If we don't have exact
birthdates we have approximations based on the age when we got them and the
vet's evaluations. We also observe the adoption days. In honor of Roxie, we
also observe the Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival. (To explain... she was
originally named Rokusaboro, after one of the people on Iron Chef, a
favorite cooking show of ours. When we learned it meant "third son," we
looked for a female equivalent and chose Ryoko Sakura, "first cherry blossom
of spring," Roxie for short. She'll answer to both!)
We're looking for something uniquely Russian for Odessa, and I don't know
what else we can squeeze in for the Juvies. They like to tumble and wrassle
and box, so I suppose maybe we Americans can give a new twist to Boxing Day.

We go all out. We'll get a little bitty cake for Louie and me, special
treats for the kids (usually some good high-octane catnip and Indian yogurt,
which they devour) and some new toys for our babies, and have a little
family party. Our in-laws think we're completely bats.

Blessed be,
Baha