[Fwd: OT - freecycle item]

Old April 13th 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Default [Fwd: OT - freecycle item]

Saw this on anther group, and it's not so OT he
******************** wrote:
I know all the cat-lovers on this group will understand and appreciate
this item which has just appeared on the Orkney freecycle email list:

Wanted: Miniature Zen Garden and/or accessories Mainland
Posted by: xxxxxxx
Hi All
A few years ago miniature Zen gardens were all the rage but seem to have
almost completely disappeared now. Does anybody have a spare/unwanted
one gathering dust they would be happy to part with? A friend of ours is
very keen to replace hers, her kitten having mistaken it for something
entirely different.
Could collect from anywhere on the Mainland and am in Kirkwall most days
in the daytime.

Old April 13th 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - freecycle item]

******************** wrote:
I know all the cat-lovers on this group will understand and appreciate
this item which has just appeared on the Orkney freecycle email list:

Wanted: Miniature Zen Garden and/or accessories Mainland
Posted by: xxxxxxx
Hi All
A few years ago miniature Zen gardens were all the rage but seem to have
almost completely disappeared now. Does anybody have a spare/unwanted one
gathering dust they would be happy to part with? A friend of ours is very
keen to replace hers, her kitten having mistaken it for something
entirely different.
Could collect from anywhere on the Mainland and am in Kirkwall most days
in the daytime.

ROTFLMAO! I love, "her kitten having mistaken"! Oh the mental image that
evokes!!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 14th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

******************** wrote:
I know all the cat-lovers on this group will understand and
appreciate this item which has just appeared on the Orkney freecycle
email list: Wanted: Miniature Zen Garden and/or accessories Mainland
Posted by: xxxxxxx
Hi All
A few years ago miniature Zen gardens were all the rage but seem to
have almost completely disappeared now. Does anybody have a
spare/unwanted one gathering dust they would be happy to part with?
A friend of ours is very keen to replace hers, her kitten having
mistaken it for something entirely different.
Could collect from anywhere on the Mainland and am in Kirkwall most
days in the daytime.

OOOPS! Oh dear, but ROFL!

Dunno about over there, but I made a Zen garden out of a a large black
baking tray, some white sand from the local gardening shop, a bag of black
decorative rocks from the local discount store, and one of theose old 'afro'
combs cut down to size.

It does the job, even though its not necessarily 'authentic' (although,
sure, a Zen garden is - by the teachings of Zen - whatever you wish it to
be)

Old April 14th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl P.[_2_]

Yowie wrote:

OOOPS! Oh dear, but ROFL!

Dunno about over there, but I made a Zen garden out of a a large black
baking tray, some white sand from the local gardening shop, a bag of black
decorative rocks from the local discount store, and one of theose old 'afro'
combs cut down to size.

It does the job, even though its not necessarily 'authentic' (although,
sure, a Zen garden is - by the teachings of Zen - whatever you wish it to
be)

I wanted to try worm composting, and was put in touch with a nice old
gentleman who would put together and deliver the bin some soil/compost
and some worms as a starter kit. When he dropped it off, as soon as he
noticed the then-resident cats, he warned me that although you could
leave the cover off, especially if you wanted to dry it out a bit or
encourage the worms to dig deep, it was best not to do so if there was a
cat in the house, as cats tended to view containers of soil as useful
for one purpose only!

(I'd have added 'as insecure support for bits of vegetation that can be
eaten and/or have a tendency to fall over on the floor as a cat walks
by' as purpose #2 that cats have for containers of soil.)

Cheryl

Old April 14th 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

******************** wrote:
[...]

Hope you don't mind, Yowie, but in reply to their post, I posted a
condensed version of your Cary + dryer = litter box story....

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old April 14th 08, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Magic Mood Jeep ? wrote:

A few years ago miniature Zen gardens were all the rage but seem to have
almost completely disappeared now. Does anybody have a spare/unwanted
one gathering dust they would be happy to part with? A friend of ours is
very keen to replace hers, her kitten having mistaken it for something
entirely different.

LOL!!

But my question is, won't the kitty do the same thing with the new one?

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^