The cannabis farm (OT)

Old October 2nd 13, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default The cannabis farm (OT)

In my village is no more. Although I told my friend I'd like to try it just
once and she said she'd get me some (just the once) she didn't.

Best not to really. I suspect she hoped it was a silly idea, which it was.

I love this new transgender friend. She is absolutely great. We get on
very well and she looks after me like a male friend but without the sexual
stuff.
We're going to Blackpool on 12th Oct and London in November.

I beat her at Scrabble yesterday..

Tweed

Old October 3rd 13, 01:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

In my village is no more. Although I told my friend I'd like to try it just
once and she said she'd get me some (just the once) she didn't.

Best not to really. I suspect she hoped it was a silly idea, which it was.

I love this new transgender friend. She is absolutely great. We get on
very well and she looks after me like a male friend but without the sexual
stuff.
We're going to Blackpool on 12th Oct and London in November.

I beat her at Scrabble yesterday..

Ah ha - the truth comes out. We all love friends we can beat playing
games. (Joking! I'm glad you have a new friend, it's so great when
that works out.)

--
Joyce

He spent one-third of the time telling me about the musical he was writing about raccoons, one-third of the time talking about C++, and one-third of the time demonstrating the plot of Othello using the salt and pepper shakers.
-- A Treasury of the World's Worst Online Dating Stories
Old October 3rd 13, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

In my village is no more. Although I told my friend I'd like to try it just
once and she said she'd get me some (just the once) she didn't.

Best not to really. I suspect she hoped it was a silly idea, which it was.

Probably just as well. Since the cannabis farm is no more, if you had
liked it and wanted more you wouldn't have had a source!

We're going to Blackpool on 12th Oct and London in November.

I beat her at Scrabble yesterday..

Tweed

I'm so glad you've found someone to pal around with! It sounds like a
fun friendship.

Jill
Old October 3rd 13, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
news[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

In my village is no more. Although I told my friend I'd like to try it just
once and she said she'd get me some (just the once) she didn't.

Best not to really. I suspect she hoped it was a silly idea, which it was.

I love this new transgender friend. She is absolutely great. We get on
very well and she looks after me like a male friend but without the sexual
stuff.
We're going to Blackpool on 12th Oct and London in November.

I beat her at Scrabble yesterday..

Tweed
Did she pass the Boyfie test? :-)

Old October 3rd 13, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013 20:58:06 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

In my village is no more. Although I told my friend I'd like to try it just
once and she said she'd get me some (just the once) she didn't.

Best not to really. I suspect she hoped it was a silly idea, which it was.

I love this new transgender friend. She is absolutely great. We get on
very well and she looks after me like a male friend but without the sexual
stuff.
We're going to Blackpool on 12th Oct and London in November.

I beat her at Scrabble yesterday..

Tweed

I smoked a lot of it in my youth. I attribute much of my memory loss
to that, but I don't really know. You smoke, you get stoned, you eat.
It's ok but not in the quantities that we were doing. I would legalize
it just because it doesn't do enough harm to warrant being illegal and
so much damage is done by the laws. I read somewhere that 1/3 of the
US prison population is there because of pot. That's nuts.

My memory is actually pretty good considering that I'm over 60 but it
should be better. I'm at work now and just couldn't remember the last
name of a coworker that I email once every few weeks for something. I
know his face, have no trouble with his first name, and sat here for a
minute until his last name (and thus email address) popped into my
head.

The information is still all there, but the pointers to it are flakey.
Old October 3rd 13, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"news" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

In my village is no more. Although I told my friend I'd like to try it
just
once and she said she'd get me some (just the once) she didn't.

Best not to really. I suspect she hoped it was a silly idea, which it
was.

I love this new transgender friend. She is absolutely great. We get on
very well and she looks after me like a male friend but without the sexual
stuff.
We're going to Blackpool on 12th Oct and London in November.

I beat her at Scrabble yesterday..

Tweed
Did she pass the Boyfie test? :-)

No, I haven't invited her to my home, she likes cats but is allergic to
them. Boyfie doesn't like visitors anyway, so this is a Good Thing - not
the fact she is allergic to cats - but that he doesn't have to cope with a
new person. It's taken him nearly 10 years to get used to Simon and even
now he's suspicious of June who has fed him every day for weeks several
times when I was in hospital.
The doorbell rings..he's at the back door asking for the out Right Now.
I don't know what he thinks will happen but I don't know his past. Only that
he got lost somehow and Kitty Farmcat brought him here.

Tweed

Old October 3rd 13, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

[...]

Still haven't tried it and probably won't ever do so. It was just "if it's
so great that you have to squat in an empty doctor's surgery to grow some,
and risk prosecution maybe I'd like to try it" Just once.
I'm not sure if your memory loss is due to cannabis use in your past, I'd
say it was pretty normal for 60+

Tweed

Old October 3rd 13, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

In my village is no more. Although I told my friend I'd like to try it
just
once and she said she'd get me some (just the once) she didn't.

Best not to really. I suspect she hoped it was a silly idea, which it
was.

I love this new transgender friend. She is absolutely great. We get
on
very well and she looks after me like a male friend but without the
sexual
stuff.
We're going to Blackpool on 12th Oct and London in November.

I beat her at Scrabble yesterday..

Ah ha - the truth comes out. We all love friends we can beat playing
games. (Joking! I'm glad you have a new friend, it's so great when
that works out.)

she beat me the previous week..

Tweed

Old October 3rd 13, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

I think it's criminal to throw people in jail for having a couple of
joints. It's different if you're caught with pounds of the stuff,
obviously for sale/distribution, of course.

My memory is actually pretty good considering that I'm over 60 but it
should be better. I'm at work now and just couldn't remember the last
name of a coworker that I email once every few weeks for something. I
know his face, have no trouble with his first name, and sat here for a
minute until his last name (and thus email address) popped into my
head.

The information is still all there, but the pointers to it are flakey.

There's lots of reasons for blanking out about something. How many
times have any of us walked into a room, gotten there and forgotten why
we went there in the first place? I often have to go back to the room I
just left before I remember, Oh Yeah!

I was filling in a job application and couldn't remember the last name
of my former supervisor! But that's because she got married. I wasn't
around long enough after the wedding for it to stick in my brain. Like
you, I did finally remember.

Jill
Old October 3rd 13, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

dgk wrote:

My memory is actually pretty good considering that I'm over 60 but it
should be better. I'm at work now and just couldn't remember the last
name of a coworker that I email once every few weeks for something. I
know his face, have no trouble with his first name, and sat here for a
minute until his last name (and thus email address) popped into my
head.

The information is still all there, but the pointers to it are flakey.

I smoked it when I was in my late teens/early 20s, and my memory at the
time was stellar. My friends would come to me if they needed to pinpoint
what happened on such-and-such date.

About 10 years ago, I started having this experience where I would try
to remember how I'd spent the day just a few days prior, and I would draw
a complete blank. It was like looking into a black abyss - nothing there.
This started happening often. I even started to forget long conversations
about important subjects. It was pretty alarming (not to mention
embarrassing).

Then I started to notice that if someone refreshed my memory enough, it
would all come back intact. All I needed was a bit of extra prompting. As
you said, the information is still all there, but the pointers are getting
flaky. I think of it as: my memory-storage capability hasn't changed, but
the retrieval system doesn't work as well. I was so relieved when I
realized this! I had thought those memories were gone, but I just
needed more help locating them.

--
Joyce

"Bacteria, with a few more bells and whistles."
-- Bonnie Bassler, describing human beings

Notes from the Farm Ginger-lyn[_2_] Cat anecdotes 10 November 16th 08 09:02 PM
Old McDonald Had a Farm! openureyes Cat health & behaviour 1 November 8th 08 11:54 PM
Missey off to the farm S.M. Serba Cat community 4 November 30th 04 05:14 PM
A last farm walk Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 27 April 8th 04 09:32 PM
Purrs for farm cat Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 35 March 7th 04 12:36 PM