Feliway affecting humans?

Old May 18th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Feliway affecting humans?

A friend of mine in Australia just told me that the Feliway diffuser was
(or might be?) taken off the market because it's affecting humans..

I can't seem to find anything on the 'net about this. Can anyone
provide any info? I really wanted to have a couple diffusers installed
in our new house before Meep arrives to help ease her moving stress...

jmc
Old May 18th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

jmc wrote:
A friend of mine in Australia just told me that the Feliway diffuser was
(or might be?) taken off the market because it's affecting humans..

How is it affecting humans? Is it calming us down and causing us to get
along with each other more? Just kidding. I haven't heard this news yet.
It will be interesting to find out though.

Old May 19th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Anna via CatKB.com" u18214@uwe wrote in message news:60722f067d4d7@uwe...
jmc wrote:
A friend of mine in Australia just told me that the Feliway diffuser was
(or might be?) taken off the market because it's affecting humans..

How is it affecting humans? Is it calming us down and causing us to get
along with each other more? Just kidding. I haven't heard this news yet.
It will be interesting to find out though.

Well, that explains why I've had this uncontrollable urge to rub up against
the scratching post. ;o)

Old May 20th 06, 11:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"jmc" wrote in message
A friend of mine in Australia just told me that the Feliway diffuser was
(or might be?) taken off the market because it's affecting humans..

I can't seem to find anything on the 'net about this. Can anyone
provide any info? I really wanted to have a couple diffusers installed
in our new house before Meep arrives to help ease her moving stress...

jmc

I've not heard anything myself. Feliway and the DAP for dogs is said not
to affect other species . I use both in my house. I'd be interested to know
how it affects hewmans.
Alison