Furminator

Old August 15th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Default Furminator

I just ordered one of these. I'll let you know if it works as good as they say!

http://www.furminator.com/testbed/indexnew.html

Old August 15th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Karen" wrote in message
I just ordered one of these. I'll let you know if it works as good as they
say!

http://www.furminator.com/testbed/indexnew.html

Let me know how effective it is on your cats. I've looked at the photos
that show how good it seems to be and it looks like none of these pets have
been groomed for years to get that much hair out.
Using the Zoom Groom once a fortnight or so gets a little bit of fur out of
Kitty - as she doesn't groom herself at all now and a slicker brush gets a
tad more out. So little I can roll it into a marble sized ball in the palm
of my hand.
Using the Zoom Groom on Boyfriend gets 20 hairs out.

I would be totally ashamed of myself if my dogs or cats showed that amount
of hair loss from a grooming. It would be a sign that I had neglected them
for too long.

Tweed

Old August 15th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

Jake can fill the bristles on the Zoom Groom once every couple of weeks.
Molly barely leaves any fur in it. She still loves the effort.

Kayla. I don't even brush her at home. We do that at the park. She fills
the bristles on the Zoom every few days. And still sheds on everything and
everyone at home. I've never seen anything shed like she does in my entire
life. I'm pretty much amazed that she still remains covered with a very
nice coat of fur. I'm glad we have never let her into the bedrooms except
to visit as I have enough trouble keeping the fur cleaned up as it is.

What on earth do people do that have big dogs? Or ones with longer coats?

Jo

Old August 15th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-08-15, Jo Firey penned:

What on earth do people do that have big dogs? Or ones with longer
coats?

We still find Puma's fur in our stuff (clothes, furniture), even
though we're all several residences removed from anywhere he lived.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old August 15th 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sandra

You must be joking!
We have a furminator, and take Memphis and Phoenix outside to use
it.Believe me when I say it gets a LOAD of fur out each time, and we do it
at least once a week! We can never believe how much fur they can lose and
still shed like mad around the house. The birds love it, it flies around the
garden in clumps and they pick it up to use in the nests! It is supposed to
take out the undercoat, and british shorthairs have rather dense undercoats.
The breeder says it is a requirement of showing.

The guys love it and get really excited when they are about to be brushed.
In between we use one of those brushes with the bent metal bristles and can
fill that up several times too. Why the cats are not bald I don't know!

sandra

Old August 16th 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Karen wrote:
I just ordered one of these. I'll let you know if it works as good as
they say!

http://www.furminator.com/testbed/indexnew.html

Hmmm... looks like a flea comb with a big handle.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 16th 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"sandra" wrote:
You must be joking!
We have a furminator, and take Memphis and Phoenix outside to use
it.Believe me when I say it gets a LOAD of fur out each time, and we do it
at least once a week! We can never believe how much fur they can lose and
still shed like mad around the house. The birds love it, it flies around the
garden in clumps and they pick it up to use in the nests! It is supposed to
take out the undercoat, and british shorthairs have rather dense undercoats.
The breeder says it is a requirement of showing.

The guys love it and get really excited when they are about to be brushed.
In between we use one of those brushes with the bent metal bristles and can
fill that up several times too. Why the cats are not bald I don't know!

I'm glad they like it. When I saw the video, I was wondering what
drugs the ginger cat was on to put up with that so patiently! Their
undercoats are dense, and I always felt when brushing Betty that I was
just brushing the surface of her fur.

Old August 16th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gabey8

Captain and Stanley love the Furminator. If, that is, I use it when they're
in a relaxed mood. If I bring it out when they're in Play Mode, they won't
sit still.

Stanley might be the least-shedding cat I've ever had. He produces a
moderate amount of fur, at most. Captain makes up for the deficit by being
an absolute fuzz factory. By the time I finish, not only does the
Furminator fill up, but the entire vicinity sports a glaze of orange cat
hairs, and little orange tumbleweeds float in the air. If I could figure
out how to make yarn out of it, I could provide the whole ZIP code with
sweaters. ;o)

I've put the wads of cat fuzz outside for the birds, too. I'm glad I'm not
the only one here who recycles it. )

Donna and the furballs known as Captain and Stanley.

Hairballs tEX eINSTEIN Cat health & behaviour 1 July 28th 05 04:05 AM
Hairballs tEX eINSTEIN Cat anecdotes 1 July 28th 05 01:15 AM
Hairballs tEX eINSTEIN Cat community 0 July 28th 05 12:25 AM