Extra kitty kisses these days

Old March 14th 06, 11:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Extra kitty kisses these days

For some reason Persia is giving me extra kitty kisses lately. This
phenomenon starts with the gentle tap to wake me up; I turn over and gaze
into her big green eyes and hear a delightful rumbling soft purr. I swear
she's smiling I reach out to pat her and she does the duck her head then
rub her face on my hand maneuver until I scritch her on the neck. I oblige
and we play this little game for a bit.

Now if this play goes on much longer, she starts giving me quick little
licks, what I call "kitty kisses". Just a quick lick with that funny little
sandpaper tongue. She's really getting into it! This is followed by a
quick but gentle nip with her teeth on my arm or elbow. Lately this is
happening much more. It's delightful! What a lovely way to wake up!
Knowing your kitty loves you! And it doesn't totally revolve around food,
either, because if it's way too early and I say "It's not time yet!" she
curls up next to me and lets me sleep another 30 mintues before trying
again. Okay, so it does revolve around food. LOL But it's nice!

Most of you know Persia came to my back door from who knows where around the
age of 2 (the vet guessed), which would put her around 6 years old now. She
started out cautious but still rather trusting, but now she definitely
thinks I'm her "meowmie". I'm loving it!

Jill

Old March 14th 06, 12:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

You and Persia are lucky to have each other.:-) Hopefully we can look
forward to stories and pictures for many years to come.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 14th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

.. This
phenomenon starts with the gentle tap to wake me up;

This is Sarrasine most mornings if I'm not getting up for work. I do
get up and feed her at the usual time then I go back to bed and shortly
afterwards I feel the tap on my lip so I reach up and give her
skritchies.

As soon as I stop...out comes the paw...I am not getting away from a
prolonged bout of skritchy giving I will stop when she decides and not
before. I try ignoring her but then the taps have claws in them.

Usually I don't mind but last Saturday I was trying to have a very long
lie-in and really wanted to catch up on some sleep so I ended up hidden
completely under the covers and still the paw snakes it's way to my
face.In the end I gave up and skritched away

Humans-0 Cats-1 again!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old March 15th 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote

For some reason Persia is giving me extra kitty kisses lately. This

snip
I'm loving it!

Every now and then, for no apparent reason, Baby Eyes will do something
similar, but without using her teeth and usually not first thing in the
morning. Each time it happens, I fall in love with her all over again. All
the kitties here have their special ways of showing affection. Lily's the
great licker, Abelard's the best smurgler.