Ack! Little Boy ran outside

Old December 15th 13, 02:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default Ack! Little Boy ran outside

Whee!

Little Boy ran out the door when I opened it to see who was knocking at
the door (it was upstairs). Usually, he runs out, then goes around to
the opposite door and lies down to wait on me, so I took my time to get
food for Chollie. I put crunchies out for Chollie, and saw Little Boy
prancing around the courtyard. Well, I was in shorts and a tshirt, so I
went after Little Boy, which resulted in one fulkl round of the
building, in 40F degree weather.

So I went back in, put on jeans (still wearing a tshirt), grabbed a
flashlight, and went looking for Little Boy and hoping nobody called in
a "strange man with a flashlight" report to the police, because I had
beer on my breath.

I walked around the building at least three times, saw Little Boy
several times, and he ran off each time. Finally, I had a great idea -
Little Boy is morally unable to resist an empty lap, so next time I saw
him, I turned off the flashlight, sat down on the (cold, wet) ground,
and sweet talked him until he sat in may lap.

I got up and walked to the door, telling him that running out was bad
behavior the whole way back to the door.

Once inside, he gave me his entire repertoire of "I love you, please
forgive me" moves on the door shelves. This involved a lot of
upside-downy heads, head butts, tummy rubs, love nips and nose kisses
(from both of us), as well as an extended game of toss-and-fetch the
bottle cork. He did most of the tossing, while good slave that I am, I
did most of the fetching.

I told him what a brat he is, and that I love him even when he's a brat...
Old December 15th 13, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/14/2013 8:37 PM, Mark Edwards wrote:
Whee!

Little Boy ran out the door when I opened it to see who was knocking at
the door (it was upstairs). Usually, he runs out, then goes around to
the opposite door and lies down to wait on me, so I took my time to get
food for Chollie. I put crunchies out for Chollie, and saw Little Boy
prancing around the courtyard. Well, I was in shorts and a tshirt, so I
went after Little Boy, which resulted in one fulkl round of the
building, in 40F degree weather.

So I went back in, put on jeans (still wearing a tshirt), grabbed a
flashlight, and went looking for Little Boy and hoping nobody called in
a "strange man with a flashlight" report to the police, because I had
beer on my breath.

I've only had that happen once to me, and trust me, the guy wasn't
looking for a cat. He was just a creepy old neighbor; there was a power
outage and he said he thought I might not wake up in time to go to work.
Why he thought that was his business, I don't know. I read him the
riot act when he got me out of bed to let me know there was a power
outage. No kidding, old man. I knew that because I called the office
to find out if it was open. It's not.

I don't appreciate intrusive people. This guy was a harmless old man.
But single women don't appreciate that sort of intrusive or
protectiveness unless we ask for it.

I walked around the building at least three times, saw Little Boy
several times, and he ran off each time. Finally, I had a great idea -
Little Boy is morally unable to resist an empty lap, so next time I saw
him, I turned off the flashlight, sat down on the (cold, wet) ground,
and sweet talked him until he sat in may lap.

Awwww!

I got up and walked to the door, telling him that running out was bad
behavior the whole way back to the door.

Once inside, he gave me his entire repertoire of "I love you, please
forgive me" moves on the door shelves. This involved a lot of
upside-downy heads, head butts, tummy rubs, love nips and nose kisses
(from both of us), as well as an extended game of toss-and-fetch the
bottle cork. He did most of the tossing, while good slave that I am, I
did most of the fetching.

I told him what a brat he is, and that I love him even when he's a brat...

LOL! A wonderful (if not chilly!) cat tale.

Jill
Old December 15th 13, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

[...]

Mark, I'm so glad you could coax him on your lap. I'll have to remember
that if any of mine get out. Good job! Head scritches for Little Boy.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old December 15th 13, 07:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
m...
[...]

I hope your cats appreciate how lucky they are to have you.

--
Joy

Red earth and blue sea
Ancient land of mystery
You call out to me.
-- Australia Haiku by Joy Gaylord

Old December 16th 13, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

[...]

Is it very dangerous outside for him? What could happen? just want to know
the dangers he faces where you live, to make me glad that Boyfie doesn't.
Is it traffic? Mountain lions, bears? Us Brits know y'all have alligators
and all that in the USA.

Old December 16th 13, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Mark Edwards wrote:

...as well as an extended game of toss-and-fetch the
bottle cork. He did most of the tossing, while good slave that I am, I
did most of the fetching.

We all know that our cats have us well-trained, but this goes well above
and beyond.

--
Joyce

"Sentimentality" -- that's what we call the sentiment we don't share.
-- Graham Greene
Old December 18th 13, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Is it very dangerous outside for him? What could happen? just want

to know
the dangers he faces where you live, to make me glad that Boyfie

doesn't.

Children with BB guns. And pterodactyls.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

--
Proof of sanity forged upon request
Old December 19th 13, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

wrote:
Is it very dangerous outside for him? What could happen? just want

to know
the dangers he faces where you live, to make me glad that Boyfie

doesn't.

Children with BB guns. And pterodactyls.

That doesn't sound accurate! I thought you were in Texas, so kitties should
be cautious of children with shotguns, but not of pterodactyls.
Old December 19th 13, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote:
Is it very dangerous outside for him? What could happen? just want

to know
the dangers he faces where you live, to make me glad that Boyfie

doesn't.

Children with BB guns. And pterodactyls.

That doesn't sound accurate! I thought you were in Texas, so kitties
should
be cautious of children with shotguns, but not of pterodactyls.

T-Rexes, maybe?

--
Joy

Kakadu National Park

Crocodiles basking
Aboriginal rock art
Jabiru fishing
--- Australia Haiku by Joy Gaylord

Old December 19th 13, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:
Is it very dangerous outside for him? What could happen? just want

to know
the dangers he faces where you live, to make me glad that Boyfie

doesn't.

Children with BB guns. And pterodactyls.

That doesn't sound accurate! I thought you were in Texas, so kitties should
be cautious of children with shotguns, but not of pterodactyls.

Things have changed. Pterodactyls used to live far south of the US,
but they've been slowly migrating north and have been seen in several
southern US states such as Texas and Florida. It's like killer bees.

--
Joyce

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me,
for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me
the hell alone. -- Unknown