Silly things your cats do?

Old December 20th 04, 06:17 PM
katdad

Default Silly things your cats do?

We love our fuzzy friends for their amazing behavior, but today I'm
asking about some of the especially silly & funny things they do. For
my big orange "RJ", I've got a couple...

(1)
RJ has a patio where he can play out, with a high fence he can't climb,
so he gets out there most days and enjoys the fresh air. From time to
time I'll "ask" him if he's ready to come back inside by sliding the
patio door open so he can decide if it's time to come in.

If he's ready, he'll scoot back inside. But if he's not ready, instead
of simply ignoring me, he runs over and "bites" my arm or hand, then
runs away to a corner of the patio, being a "bad kitty".

(2)
At other times (when he's inside), he will suddenly decide to be a "bad
kitty" without any warning. He will run over, bite my ankle, then hop
away on his toes, standing sideways and hunching up his back (you know
how they do). Then he'll run back over and bite my ankle again, and run
away.

He will do this at random times, with no provocation or excuse. Just
when he feels like it.

Old December 20th 04, 07:05 PM
Katz

Daisy & I have a bedtime ritual. When she comes to bed, which can be
any time, I MUST hold up the blankets so she can walk under them. She
walks under, stands there & thinks about several things, then walks
back out & curls up on my head. We must repeat this ritual every time I
flop from one side to the other, which is many times a night. I have no
idea what she "gets" out of this exercise. LOL.

Old December 20th 04, 07:31 PM
Bobcat

"katdad" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

With our furry trio, it's difficult to know where to begin describing
their silly cat antics (cantics?). With Emily's practice of jumping
onto the counter of the bathroom sink and demanding that you paddle
her butt with a roll of paper towelling? Or with Sophie's bulldog act
in which she grabs a bathrobe sash or a shoelace and tugs it in her
teeth, refusing to let go? Or Martha's habit of pouncing on circles or
large dots on paper? I won't continue, but for more on Emily's quirks
check out Flippy's web site, at: -

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/emilybath.html

Old December 20th 04, 08:07 PM
Kreisleriana

On 20 Dec 2004 10:05:39 -0800, "Katz"
yodeled:

Daisy & I have a bedtime ritual. When she comes to bed, which can be
any time, I MUST hold up the blankets so she can walk under them. She
walks under, stands there & thinks about several things, then walks
back out & curls up on my head. We must repeat this ritual every time I
flop from one side to the other, which is many times a night. I have no
idea what she "gets" out of this exercise. LOL.

The knowledge that you will obey her.

Theresa
Old December 20th 04, 08:11 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:31:45 -0500, "Bobcat"
yodeled:

"katdad" wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

Ummm-- just as in the case of the first person who ate a snail--- I
can't help wondering how that got started.

Theresa
Old December 20th 04, 08:55 PM

Katz wrote:

Daisy & I have a bedtime ritual. When she comes to bed, which can be
any time, I MUST hold up the blankets so she can walk under them. She
walks under, stands there & thinks about several things, then walks
back out & curls up on my head. We must repeat this ritual every time I
flop from one side to the other, which is many times a night. I have no
idea what she "gets" out of this exercise. LOL.

That is hilarious. Who knows what goes on in the mind of a cat, but
sometimes, I swear I can hear the wind howling in there. Roxy does
the same thing, except she's not under there long enough to "think
about several things". (I love that phrase - isn't that from that "bad
kitty" list of things to do to annoy the human, like standing in the
doorway during mosquito season or -40 degrees?) She goes under the covers,
does a little prancing around for 10 seconds, and then comes barrelling
out. Licky is always a bit alarmed at this behavior.

Joyce
Old December 20th 04, 10:25 PM
Mathew Kagis

"katdad" wrote in message
oups.com...
We love our fuzzy friends for their amazing behavior, but today I'm
asking about some of the especially silly & funny things they do.

Like many cats, my 5 month old kitten, Chablis, likes to wake me up in the
morning when she figures it's time to get fed. If I'm not ready to get up,
I simply put her in the hall & close the bedroom door.
Now, with the addition of a 3 month old male kitten to our house, Muscat.
the routine has changed.... Muscat comes in to wake me, while Chablis just
stands in the door. If I respond favorably to Muscat, Chablis will come
join him in trying to get me up. If I go to put Muscat out of the room,
Chablis is nowhere to be seen when I reach the door...... "Psst, hey kid...
I'll give you some of my kibble if you go over there and......."

Cheers
Mathew

Old December 20th 04, 11:55 PM
Tanada

katdad wrote:

We love our fuzzy friends for their amazing behavior, but today I'm
asking about some of the especially silly & funny things they do. For
my big orange "RJ", I've got a couple...

Pine Cone loves to wedge his head between the cat condo's top shelf and
the wall. He's only been doing this since we painted the living room
blue. I think there's some deep dark meaning there, but I've been
afraid to ask.

Tanada loves to perch on the computer monitor, but only when I'm on the
computer, and preferably when I'm playing games...on the internet...at
some early or strange hour of the day. Again I think there's some deep
dark meaning there, especially since she loves to hang her tail down
into the middle of where the action occurs.

Merlin is a gentlecat. Except when it comes to drinking water. He
prefers it from my glass, and in the middle of the night. It wouldn't
be so bad but he prefers to walk up my body, stand on my breast, and
brace his front two paws on the night stand to get his h2o fix.

Berfert is just so strange, it's hard to know where to start on his
quirks. My personal favorite is when he stalks up my body, stands with
his front paws on my arm/shoulder joint, and yowls into my ear looking
concernedly into the ear hole. I suspect he's listening for an echo.

Huey loves Rob's beard, and gets upset when Rob shaves. He'll climb on
Rob's chest and rub the top of his head on the underside of Rob's
goatee. I don't have a goatee, so I don't get this kind of service.

We got a package from Rob's parents today full of christmas presents.
As we placed them under the tree, QC watched intently to see what was
happening. He noticed that the action was on the kitchen table, so he
jumped up there and inspected packages while they were being placed. As
soon as the box was empty, he jumped down and planted himself in the
center of the box. He sat there, looking regally around him to make
sure everyone noticed. Unfortunately, Speedy is learning about stealth
techniques, as he snuck up on QC and stuck a large and cold nose on the
back of QC's neck. QC jumped up and chased the d-thing around the house
a couple of times.

Not silly, but cute, Rob is sitting up in bed reading with Merlin in the
place of honor between Rob's knees. Huey is snuggled up at Rob's hip,
and QC is snacking down on kibble before joining the two on the bed.
Usually Berfert is sacked out at the foot of the bed by Rob's feet. I
don't know where he is this time.

Pam S.

Old December 21st 04, 02:28 AM
Victor Martinez

Rufous loves to come to the bathroom in the morning when I go potty
before taking my shower. I will open the shower faucet slightly so that
a small drip falls, and he goes in the shower and plays with the water
until I'm ready to shower. Sometimes he comes out while I'm still in the
throne and shakes himself clean, right next to me!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 21st 04, 06:58 AM
Bill Stock

"Marina" wrote in message
Bobcat wrote:

"katdad" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

LOL! Frank's Dad, Panther, used to love a good beating with a fly swatter.

None of our current cats are weird (Much), but we used to have a Tom who
loved to be vacuumed.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki