Too hot today

Old March 12th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Too hot today

I'm lounging around, reading ebooks (Honor Harrington) and newsgroups
(RPCA of course!).

It is unbearably hot because the apartment complex hasn't turned on
the A/C yet. So I've got a big glass full of ice and Diet Coke sitting
within arm's reach, and a gel cold-pak for occasional use to cool off.

Little Boy sort of moseys on over, and I can see the interest in his
eyes. I try to watch out of the corner of my eye.

He gently touches the cold-pak, and pulls his paw back right away.
Then he pats it a couple times. Finally, he lays down and rubs his
face on it.

Next, I see him staring at my glass. So I reach over and hold it so
he can check it out without knocking it over.

Well, he doesn't want that. Everything was just fine before I told
him it was okay. He wanted to be mischievous, by golly!

He stomps off, but not before he slaps the cold-pak.

Note: As soon as he realized I wasn't "supervising" he came back over
and laid his head on the cold-pak. Poor baby! I guess I need another
one - this one is his.

Also, Dulce Mae has curled her tail around my glass...

Hugs and Purrs
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old March 12th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

what is with this weather this year?????? We could be in the 80's tomorrow
and have snow on Friday, we are told. ACK! I think I will just keep things
as they are, not turn anything off and on yet. Maybe change the filter, eh?
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old March 12th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mark Edwards wrote:
[...]

If you're too hot you should be in England, we have snow on the ground.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old March 12th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Adrian wrote:
Mark Edwards wrote:
[...]

Right about now I'd love to roll around in some snow! It's 81F (23C) and
the afternoon has only just begun here. I did some quick shopping and after
merely putting away a few items I found I'd worked up a sweat. This time
last weekend I had to wear a jacket or sweater if I ran out for anything.
Might have to turn the on the A/C this afternoon. However, we are expecting
some storms so that may cool things off a bit.

Jill

Old March 12th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 12:40:33 -0500, Irulan wrote:

what is with this weather this year?????? We could be in the 80's tomorrow
and have snow on Friday, we are told. ACK! I think I will just keep things
as they are, not turn anything off and on yet. Maybe change the filter, eh?
Lily & her mama

And we are having a major snow storm. I guess four inches have fallen in
the last two hours and it is still coming down. MLB
Old March 12th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christine K." wrote in message

Too hot? Welcome to Finland. Some 20-30 cm of snow in unplowed areas
and -6 degrees C (21 degr. F). It was about -15 C (3 F) only last week.
The kitties tend to find the warmest spots to snooze: in the sauna before
we bathe there, even during sometimes, under covers in the bed making
bed-bumps (Laku too, nowadays), in the corner of the sofa. The apartment
managers must have decided it's spring, no matter what the temps are...

-6 C is fine with me. Even -15 C I can tolerate. It is the -20s and -30s
that I
found hard to bear. But I am not complaining. Yesterday it was up to +10C
here in Canada's capital.
The snow on the ground is melting. The snow banks which are way taller to me
should start to come down. The maple syrup sap is running. In 3 weeks I can
maple syrup from this year.
Can spring be far away?

Winnie

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Old March 12th 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

I'm lounging around, reading ebooks (Honor Harrington) and newsgroups
(RPCA of course!).

It is unbearably hot because the apartment complex hasn't turned on
the A/C yet. So I've got a big glass full of ice and Diet Coke sitting
within arm's reach, and a gel cold-pak for occasional use to cool off.

Sounds like my kind of day, Mark. Not the heat, but laying around drinking
iced Diet Coke, and reading Honor Harrington. Yeek!

Instead I have the air conditioning on (whatever happened to spring?) and am
supposed to be working on a term paper, two stories, notes on over 100 pages
of American Lit, and trying to figure out how to do my math assignments,
since the teacher we have can't or won't teach it so that more than one or
two of us understand it. I'm really bummed about the math.

Pam S. going off on a rant, when she meant only to admire Mark's good sense
and excellent taste in SF series.

Old March 12th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mark Edwards wrote:
It is unbearably hot because the apartment complex hasn't turned on
the A/C yet. So I've got a big glass full of ice and Diet Coke sitting

Holy crap! It's been around 90 down here in Austin since mid-week!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 12th 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Adrian wrote:
If you're too hot you should be in England, we have snow on the ground.

That sounds lovely! I just came in from planting and weeding in the
garden. Tom is still out there, but I couldn't take it anymore. It's
only 86F (30C) today, we have a nice breeze blowing. Yesterday it was
way hotter.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he