Too hot today

Old March 12th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Too hot today

Pamela Shirk wrote:
two of us understand it. I'm really bummed about the math.

Sorry to hear that. Can I help remotely? I'm very good at math.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 12th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

You going to let him show you up Victor ;-)
what are you guys planting this year

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
If you're too hot you should be in England, we have snow on the ground.

That sounds lovely! I just came in from planting and weeding in the
garden. Tom is still out there, but I couldn't take it anymore. It's only
86F (30C) today, we have a nice breeze blowing. Yesterday it was way
hotter.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 12th 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:
You going to let him show you up Victor ;-)
what are you guys planting this year

Well, our veggie patch is now very small, due to the unreasonable speed
at which some of the trees we've planted have grown. Just 3 tomato
plants.
I also planted some new agapanthus, Tom planted some freesias and we
transplanted a bunch of coriopsis and eccinachea.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 12th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pamela Shirk wrote:
two of us understand it. I'm really bummed about the math.

Sorry to hear that. Can I help remotely? I'm very good at math.

Victor, I wish you could help. But I suspect that I'll be living at
mymathlab.com for the rest of the semester. I'm rather p*ss*d about this as
I'm good in math, but this guy is making all of us suffer because he can't
or won't teach. I'm taking Algebra 2. at the high school level. If I pass
this, I get to take College algebra.

Pam S. upset about this

Old March 12th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pamela Shirk wrote:
or won't teach. I'm taking Algebra 2. at the high school level. If I pass
this, I get to take College algebra.

Well, if you're ever stuck with a hard problem, feel free to shoot me an
email.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 13th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun 12 Mar 2006 12:40:33p, Irulan wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

what is with this weather this year?????? We could be in the
80's tomorrow and have snow on Friday, we are told. ACK! I think
I will just keep things as they are, not turn anything off and
on yet. Maybe change the filter, eh? Lily & her mama

I hadn't heard a long range forcast. Snow? Ack! I guess I'll keep the
sandbags in the back of my truck for a while longer. *sigh*

These last several days have been just beautiful.

--
Cheryl
Old March 13th 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I remember those days you can have them no calculators allowed had to do it
all by hand Trig and Calc. one problem could take 5 sheets of paper. I am
glad I graduated years ago and got my degrees early in life. I salute these
younger ones doing it between school, work, a life, family and trying to
make it in the expensive world. I say I am proud of them

Ask a typical high schooler to do a math problem with out a calculator.

Old March 13th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor have you seen these before they do real nice colors and easy to put
down. I do them around the trees for color

http://www.harrietcarter.com/Detail....rod=2756&sr=12
http://www.harrietcarter.com/Detail.cfm?prod=1068&udc=Y

Old March 13th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I laid down that netting than rich top soil on it than the roll out. weeds
are very limited. the landscaper keeps up really well with everything. I
get the yard sprayed to keep everything under control. I used the roll out
gardens in the windows shelf's and never have a problem. The saint
Augustine grass is a pain in the a@2 to keep up. I am honestly thinking of
astro turf no more worries but I have a lot of land to cover if I do.

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Sun 12 Mar 2006 08:46:40p, Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )
wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Victor have you seen these before they do real nice colors and
easy to put down. I do them around the trees for color

http://www.harrietcarter.com/Detail....116&prod=2756&
sr=12 http://www.harrietcarter.com/Detail.cfm?prod=1068&udc=Y

How much luck do you have with those roll-out gardens? I tried one a
couple of years ago, watered it daily until well after the seeds
germinated, but the only flowers that did well were zinnias. Also, I
couldn't tell what were plants I wanted to keep, and what were weeds.
I think I pulled a lot of plants that way. I was very disappointed.

--
Cheryl

Old March 13th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun 12 Mar 2006 09:10:52p, Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )
wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

I laid down that netting than rich top soil on it than the roll
out. weeds are very limited. the landscaper keeps up really
well with everything. I get the yard sprayed to keep everything
under control. I used the roll out gardens in the windows
shelf's and never have a problem. The saint Augustine grass is
a pain in the a@2 to keep up. I am honestly thinking of astro
turf no more worries but I have a lot of land to cover if I
do.

Thanks. What netting? I get the worst weeds here. Part of my yard
gets weeds that are hard to step on, where there should be grass.
I'm about ready to hire a company to come fix it for me. That stuff
is like velcro, and in the fall it's impossible to blow leaves off
of it with a blower, and you need a rake.

As for astro turf, weeds will probably still grow through that! Or
if there's something where they won't, I'd love to learn about it.
I have an enclosure outdoors for the owners, and I put down that
indoor-outdoor carpet because it gets muddy. This time of year I
have to clean it out before letting the owners out because weeds
have grown through it during the winter, and sand has half covered
it from the slope next to the house that drains where the enclosure
is.

Reminds me. Anyone who has an outdoor enclosure, are any of them
self-contained and movable? I'd love to build something that I can
pull up close to the house, but move it away when I need to.

--
Cheryl