Purrs for Tigger, please?

Old October 21st 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Purrs for Tigger, please?

I got a phone call from my brother tonight. The phone call that I've been
expecting.
"There's a problem with the cat"
"What sort of problem?"
"We heard a cat scream outside, he came rushing in bleeding from the mouth
and now he's hiding, what should I do?"

Resisting the urge to say "I told you so" I did the supportive sister bit,
told him to get the kitten to the vets immediately as I thought he'd been
hit by a car. I gave him the phone number of my vet and told him to let me
know what happened.
He rang me back an hour later. Tigger had indeed been hit by a car, he has
broken his jaw quite badly which will need wiring. I didn't like it when he
said the kitten's breathing was a bit funny, I hope he hasn't done his
diaphragm in. I listened to the veterinary update and said I hoped he would
be OK, and how was Charlotte? He said she had been crying.

Then I gave it to him with both barrels. "What did I tell you about letting
such a young cat out?? Why didn't you listen to me, why were you so rude to
me when I mentioned it??! He's not a toy, you know - where is your sense of
responsibility? Etc, etc.
To give him his due he took it on the chin and didn't try to interrupt until
I had finally finished his almighty earbashing. Then he said, quietly "we
did keep him in for as long as the shelter told us to. Thanks for the vet's
phone number."
That took the wind right out of my sails.

A few healing purrs would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tweed

Old October 21st 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Healing purrs on the way. This is one occasion when I wish you'd been wrong.
:-( Hopefully Tigger will recover and stay well away from the road in
future.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old October 21st 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 21 Oct, 13:49, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

To give him his due he took it on the chin and didn't try to interrupt until
I had finally finished his almighty earbashing.

I do hope you gave him both barrels- wait a mo! This is Tweed- you did
didn't you?

Then he said, quietly "we
did keep him in for as long as the shelter told us to.

And I hope someone gives the shelter both barrels as well-he's only a
kitten and they told your brother to let him out this young?

Purrs for the little one

Lesley

Slave of thr Fabulous Furballs

Old October 21st 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
PatM

On Oct 21, 2:49 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I got a phone call from my brother tonight. The phone call that I've been
expecting.
"There's a problem with the cat"
"What sort of problem?"
"We heard a cat scream outside, he came rushing in bleeding from the mouth
and now he's hiding, what should I do?"

Resisting the urge to say "I told you so" I did the supportive sister bit,
told him to get the kitten to the vets immediately as I thought he'd been
hit by a car.

A few healing purrs would be appreciated. Thanks.

I hoped never to hear that. Purrs and prayers for little Tigger...and
your db and sil.

PatM

Old October 21st 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Purrs an d prayers both, for Tigger and his family, and the good doctors to
do their finest work.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old October 21st 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

A few healing purrs would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tweed

We're sending purrs for everyone, Tweed. For Tigger to heal quickly, for
your brother to figure out how to properly care for the little guy, and
for the shelter folks to stop giving dangerous advice to new catslaves.
Old October 22nd 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote

He rang me back an hour later. Tigger had indeed been hit by a car, he
has broken his jaw quite badly which will need wiring.

How awful, poor Tigger!!!

Hopefully he'll heal well at such a young age, kittens are supposed to &
certainly need to.

Here's purring for a speedy recovery.

Gordon & the FF

Old October 22nd 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

[...]

Aw, poor little bittie - they're always the ones to pay for our mistakes.
Mega healing purrs are on the way to Tigger.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 22nd 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:49:25 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Sending lots of healing purrs for Tigger. Perhaps it would help if you
gave your brother a book about raising kitties. Best wishes. MLB