[OT] Remember to Vote Today

Old November 8th 05, 05:22 PM
CatNipped

Default [OT] Remember to Vote Today

Remember to get out and vote today and...

[Political Warning]

For Texas residents I *STRONGLY* urge you to vote *AGAINST* Proposition 2
[proposed constitutional amendment]: Defining marriage as between one man
and one woman, and prohibiting the state, cities and counties from
recognizing any other legal status similar to marriage. [*WHEN* are we going
to get past our homophobic, racist, sexist, etc. societal flaws!!????]

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 8th 05, 05:36 PM
CatNipped

[Another Political Warning]

I'm really hoping that the KKK's support of this proposition will help
defeat it:
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...utlook/3424597

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 8th 05, 05:57 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 11:22:25 -0600, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

Remember to get out and vote today and...

[Political Warning]

For Texas residents I *STRONGLY* urge you to vote *AGAINST* Proposition 2
[proposed constitutional amendment]: Defining marriage as between one man
and one woman, and prohibiting the state, cities and counties from
recognizing any other legal status similar to marriage. [*WHEN* are we going
to get past our homophobic, racist, sexist, etc. societal flaws!!????]

Hugs,

CatNipped

Vote early and vote often!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 8th 05, 06:11 PM
Dan M

[Political Warning]

For Texas residents I *STRONGLY* urge you to vote *AGAINST* Proposition 2
[proposed constitutional amendment]: Defining marriage as between one man
and one woman, and prohibiting the state, cities and counties from
recognizing any other legal status similar to marriage. [*WHEN* are we going
to get past our homophobic, racist, sexist, etc. societal flaws!!????]

Probably about the time hell freezes over. But we can sure keep our
fingers crossed, and vote responsibly whenever we get a chance.

Dan
Old November 8th 05, 06:29 PM
kilikini

"Dan M" wrote in message
news
[Political Warning]

For Texas residents I *STRONGLY* urge you to vote *AGAINST* Proposition

2
[proposed constitutional amendment]: Defining marriage as between one

man
and one woman, and prohibiting the state, cities and counties from
recognizing any other legal status similar to marriage. [*WHEN* are we

going
to get past our homophobic, racist, sexist, etc. societal flaws!!????]

Probably about the time hell freezes over. But we can sure keep our
fingers crossed, and vote responsibly whenever we get a chance.

Dan

I didn't even know it was a voting day. I didn't hear anything here. Is it
a Texas thing? Then again, I haven't watched the news and I'm about to head
out and go to work, so it's a moot point anyway.

kili

Old November 8th 05, 06:36 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

CatNipped wrote:
Remember to get out and vote today and...

[Political Warning]

For Texas residents I *STRONGLY* urge you to vote *AGAINST*
Proposition 2 [proposed constitutional amendment]: Defining marriage
as between one man and one woman, and prohibiting the state, cities
and counties from recognizing any other legal status similar to
marriage. [*WHEN* are we going to get past our homophobic, racist,
sexist, etc. societal flaws!!????]

Hugs,

CatNipped

I don't understand it either.... the law should read that a marriage is a
union between TWO CONSENTING HUMAN ADULTS. Have to put the 'consenting' in
there because we don't want any more shotgun weddings - and the 'human' so
some sicko doesn't marry his pig or chicken or whatever..... and the 'adult'
so that some pedophile doesn't try to take advantage of the laws (as if they
don't already)

Why should I care that they two guys across the street are not just
housemates, but husband & husband? I mean, besides the chance to gossip
about it at the watercooler?

Old November 8th 05, 06:42 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default Remember to Vote Today

CatNipped wrote:
Remember to get out and vote today and...

[Political Warning]

For Texas residents I *STRONGLY* urge you to vote *AGAINST* Proposition 2
[proposed constitutional amendment]: Defining marriage as between one man
and one woman, and prohibiting the state, cities and counties from
recognizing any other legal status similar to marriage. [*WHEN* are we going
to get past our homophobic, racist, sexist, etc. societal flaws!!????]

Hugs,

CatNipped

[more political warnings]

Ahhh, Colorado... The state that decided the US Constitutions date for
elections/voting (the first Tuesday after the first Monday) just wasn't
their "thing", at least for amendment measures. Our election day was
*last* Tuesday, and in Mesa County (not sure of other counties) it was
by mail ONLY.

Colorado has voted down same-sex marriage so many times, I honestly
believe that we are *the* most homophobic state (that I've ever lived
in anyway) in this country. Heck they even voted down giving
gays/lesbians the same rights as everyone else (to buy/rent/lease homes
as a couple, to be protected from being fired because your boss doesn't
like your "orientation", you know common decencies).

Grouse, grouse, grouse, sorry about that.

Smokie Darling (Annie) - who lost her "hate is NOT a family value"
bumper sticker when she sold her other jeep.

Old November 8th 05, 06:43 PM
jmcquown

kilikini wrote:
"Dan M" wrote in message
news
[Political Warning]

For Texas residents I *STRONGLY* urge you to vote *AGAINST*
Proposition 2 [proposed constitutional amendment]: Defining
marriage as between one man and one woman, and prohibiting the
state, cities and counties from recognizing any other legal status
similar to marriage. [*WHEN* are we going to get past our
homophobic, racist, sexist, etc. societal flaws!!????]

Probably about the time hell freezes over. But we can sure keep our
fingers crossed, and vote responsibly whenever we get a chance.

Dan

I didn't even know it was a voting day. I didn't hear anything here.
Is it a Texas thing? Then again, I haven't watched the news and I'm
about to head out and go to work, so it's a moot point anyway.

kili

It's state and local government elections. I don't live in the city proper
so I can't vote in elections that don't affect more than just city
residents, 'cause I don't pay city taxes. But there's a reason I fled the
city limits years ago...

Jill

Old November 8th 05, 06:58 PM
No More Retail

Unfortunately to many people care what is going on in their neighbor's
house.
I wish people you live here in the US would realize that the constitution is
just not for them it is for everyone. It is a person's right to scream at
the top of his lungs how he hates the government; now we may not like it,
agree with it or want to hear it but we have to understand they have the
right to do.

I understand both sides of the marriage argument one side wants to be
acknowledged in marriage so they are legal spouses cover under insurance,
legally together in a way that binds them together etc. etc.
The other side is scared that two gay people are going to raise a child and
turn him or her gay or prey on the children in a union or marriage. Some
believe it is against whatever god and teaching they believe.

I hate to say it folks you may not want to believe it but it already happens
everyday gay couples raising children and the way the statistics are showing
they are doing just as good or in some case better than a straight couple.
Specially today that 75% of straight marriages are ending in divorce and
child abuse and domestic violence is up 40% since 2000

SO why in the heck would you care if two guys or two women get joined,
married or have a union together. If they want to raise a family who cares
as long as they raise the child to be a stable active productive person in
society! WHO CARES

Is it interfering in your life? No
Is it interfering with your job? No
Is it interfering with your marriage or relationship? No
Is it interfering with your children's lives? No

Old November 8th 05, 07:02 PM
No More Retail

Sorry should have added LIVE AND LET LIVE
LIVE AND LET BE

[OT] Happy IVGLDSWD! CatNipped Cat anecdotes 6 November 22nd 04 12:11 PM
[OT] Good luck in US Elections Yowie Cat anecdotes 24 November 3rd 04 09:32 AM
Today gracecat Cat anecdotes 52 October 13th 04 02:01 PM
Roxy is being a sweetheart today! Marina Cat anecdotes 1 December 22nd 03 02:30 PM
bad news at the vet today :( -L. Cat health & behaviour 39 September 12th 03 06:20 PM