Pro-Plan versus Fancy Feast

Old July 4th 07, 07:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Default Byproduicts, what are they? was Report on Alex for Phil --

-L. wrote:
cybercat wrote:

The question is, why would anyone bother trying to feed cats and dogs
to cats and dogs?

Cheap source of protein. The bodies are disposed of, anyway, so if
they can be sent to a rendering plant and that material used in dog
food - voila - income for whomever is selling the bodies. For the
manufactuer, it's gotta be cheaper than cow, pig and chicken guts.

It would be wonderful to know someone who works in the pet food industry
and see what they had to say about the practice. Even if they buy
byproducts in bulk from a plant they feel is reputable, how can they be
100% certain of the contents when exact byproduct ingredients do not
need to be listed?

Rhonda

Old July 4th 07, 07:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cookie

Default Byproduicts, what are they? was Report on Alex for Phil -- Pro-Plan versus Fancy Feast

On Jul 4, 2:10 am, Rhonda wrote:
how can they be
100% certain of the contents

Rhonda

by the date on the can silly g

yeah right! this bad cat food will stay bad till July 31st 2007

If I had the money, I'd hire a chef, who can also prepare the cats
meals.
but! how do I know the grocers chicken won't knock me out with foul
chicken parts.