I'm Sorry

Old July 19th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default I'm Sorry

Next time I'll post child pornography fantasies instead. Sheesh. Maybe I
need a break from most of you.

Pam S. disgusted by her stupidity

Old July 19th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
Next time I'll post child pornography fantasies instead. Sheesh. Maybe I
need a break from most of you.

Pam S. disgusted by her stupidity

What's this about, Pam? Is it because of the "no news from the Mouser"
thing?
My heart goes out to you and your family, what you are potentially facing
and I am surprised you feel up to posting at all. I do have some experience
with the "c-thing" and yes, it makes you angry. Osama Bin-Laden deserves
it, not ordinary people like us who have done nothing wrong. Unfortunately
it seems it doesn't work that way.
((more hugs))

Tweed

Old July 19th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Jul 19, 3:57*pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
Next time I'll post child pornography fantasies instead. *Sheesh. *Maybe I
need a break from most of you.

Pam S. disgusted by her stupidity

Personally, I don't see what all the fuss is about. As a person who
appreciates wicked satire it was clear (to me, anyway) that what you
posted was a huge dig at AMERICAN attitudes and the psychology of fear
the current government dispenses to us on a daily basis. I didn't see
it as intending to be offensive to muslims, but definitely intended as
a big pointy jab to those stupid citizens of the gold old USA that
continue to buy into that sort of crap. No matter. There will always
be someone somewhere that will take something the wrong way and find
followers to go down the same path, regardless of what the reality
is.
Old July 19th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 19, 3:57*pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
Next time I'll post child pornography fantasies instead. *Sheesh. *Maybe I
need a break from most of you.

Pam S. disgusted by her stupidity

Pam I get the reference (it took me a minute, though)....and it IS
just plain weird, isn't it??
I know you have a wonderfully irreverant sense of humor, and I also
get that you wouldn't ever offend anybody on purpose.
I remember when I got spanked but good just for using the word
"lifestyle" in blessed ignorance that it might be an offensive word.
Hell. I didn't know.
Oops. Can I say "hell?"
Maybe you offended some people, now you know. Kick yourself around for
2 seconds then forget about it. But keep your sense of humor. That's
what keeps us sane.

Sherry
Old July 19th 08, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Jul 19, 3:57 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
Next time I'll post child pornography fantasies instead. Sheesh. Maybe I
need a break from most of you.

Pam S. disgusted by her stupidity

Pam I get the reference (it took me a minute, though)....and it IS
just plain weird, isn't it??
I know you have a wonderfully irreverant sense of humor, and I also
get that you wouldn't ever offend anybody on purpose.
I remember when I got spanked but good just for using the word
"lifestyle" in blessed ignorance that it might be an offensive word.
Hell. I didn't know.
Oops. Can I say "hell?"
Maybe you offended some people, now you know. Kick yourself around for
2 seconds then forget about it. But keep your sense of humor. That's
what keeps us sane.

Sherry

===============

I'm sorry. I got an email from a friend to warn me about this and sent one
back saying I could handle it. And I did. Then I saw that email from Kyla
to Susan about Grandma Shirley's death and lost it. That email was in as
poor of taste or more as my stupid joke, but not one person said anything to
her about it. Some of the very people who jumped on the politically correct
bandwagon probably thought it was marvelous. I'll tell you, if Kyla sends
something so disgusting to us when Rob is fighting his last battle, I'll do
something violent.

Pam S.

Old July 19th 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Sherry" wrote in message
[...]

Pam, I certainly agree with what you have written here. I thought Kyla's
message was dreadful but did not respond to that one because she writes so
many where her thoughts seem to get confused that I ignored it. My mother
died last year at the age of 91, and I would have been horrified if a
message like that had been delivered to her. I put your message in a
completely different context. You write beautifully, and none of your own
stories have the slightest tinge of unpleasantness. They are delightful and
should be published. So, I may have overreacted to the joke, but I have
seen that same joke circulating on email, and it seems to be picked up by
people who want to see all Muslims as terrorists. I was reacting to what I
see in that joke and certainly not to you personally. I have grown to
appreciate what you and your family have been facing for so long, and I wish
you only the best.

MaryL

Old July 19th 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
Next time I'll post child pornography fantasies instead. Sheesh. Maybe I
need a break from most of you.

So you posted something that you liked. And some folks posted back saying
they didn't like it.

And someone posted something *you* didn't like.

B.F.D.

Those who think you're great will continue to do so, those who think you are
the bitch queen of demon spawn won't have changed the mind, and most of the
rest of the world will have no idea who the hell you are or what the problem
is.

In a week, it really won't matter anyway.

I'm sorry you are feeling this way, though. Clearly you need a hug or three
{{{{{Pam}}}}}, and maybe a few margaritas. İİİİİ. After five margaritas, you
shouldn't be any state to give a pig's bum what anyone thinks anyway,
especially yourself :-)

Yowie

Old July 20th 08, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"hopitus" wrote in message

I'm sorry. I got an email from a friend to warn me about this and sent
one
back saying I could handle it. And I did. Then I saw that email from
Kyla
to Susan about Grandma Shirley's death and lost it. That email was in as
poor of taste or more as my stupid joke, but not one person said anything
her about it. Some of the very people who jumped on the politically
correct
bandwagon probably thought it was marvelous. I'll tell you, if Kyla
sends
something so disgusting to us when Rob is fighting his last battle, I'll
do
something violent.
Pam S.

For what its worth Matt and I were posting re the largest age group,
50&60+
women, parading around their block naked - no thought of Muslims at
all in
my head. Someone who got on the PC bandwagon, as you call it, in the
heat of passion, posted their "edict" i.e. "if you post this, you will
__________
(fill in the horror bestowed) ". I feel embarrassed for my peers who
post
empty threats and edicts. Unfortunately MaryL thought I meant her
and got confused as my next non-plonk (oh, for a plonk) was all about
the cheery "feel-better" "death greeting" you mention.
I was about to blow my top over it but that is not "family" behavior
here
and if insensitive, clueless "compelled" (LOL, yeah, right - finger
pushes
"send" long before brain engages, if ever) repeated the "death
greeting"
again today, just in case we (or Susan, God forbid) missed it - I
bailed
and have been in the hacker ngs I favor. Those people are insulting
also
but they are not stupid...but they *are* smart.
Thank you for your take on the "death greeting". Hope MaryL
understands
what I was about and it wasn't Muslims, LOL.

I am now totally confused by this post. I feel like my German friend who
could not understand the accent of my neighbours and went back to my house.
She said "I thought I must be drunk" since she'd had two glasses of wine and
was not used to it. I feel the same about this post. I do not understand
it at all (and I am not drunk..)

Tweed

Old July 20th 08, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"hopitus" wrote in message
Thank you for your take on the "death greeting". Hope MaryL

understands
what I was about and it wasn't Muslims, LOL.

I do now. Thanks!

MaryL

Old July 20th 08, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
Next time I'll post child pornography fantasies instead. Sheesh. Maybe I
need a break from most of you.

Pam S. disgusted by her stupidity

Pam take it from a person that has been in almost everyone kill file at
least a couple times. People are going to say what they want how they want
and when they want even if they put their foot in their mouth and still
won't shut up about it.

If some was offended by that Well IMO they can just deal with it . I am a
straight shooter and tell it how it is. I won't hold back I will call a
spade a spade. I did promise the group I would be nice and keep the peace
but sometimes you just need to tell people get over it and move on.

You did not mean anything out of it and if someone read this well that is
that person problem and sounds like they need to get thicker skin. I don't
know how many fat jokes or native American jokes that I have heard over the
years. The fat jokes happen every day even on TV, the movies are the worse
and EVERYONE OF YOU are guilty of it for you know you laugh. I know I do

I have black, Latino, Muslim, Christian, catholic, Asian etc friends I was
not offended by it I knew you meant no harm just as everyone out here should
know I would have been a different story lets say you targeted Tweed or
Adrian for being British than made jokes at their expense. than I can
understand a problem anything else have a drink move on and the OP can get
over it.

I still love you Pam

But I still wonder you did try and get Rob to sit on my lap