I'm Sorry

Old July 20th 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Default I'm Sorry

On Jul 19, 4:57 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
Next time I'll post child pornography fantasies instead. Sheesh. Maybe I
need a break from most of you.

Well, I googled and foound the thread that started all this. I didn't
think it was anti-Muslim but more poking fun at anti-Muslim hysteria.
Or, of course, the work of some teenage boys who just wanted to see
all the women in their neighborhood take their clothes off. Depending
on the neighborhood, this may not have turned out as well as planned.

But the sensitive and the politically correct were quick to make their
opinions known. Well, to Hell with them.

--
Will in New Haven
"The welfare of the people has always been the alibi of tyrants, and
Old July 20th 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jul 19, 6:01 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

On Jul 19, 3:57 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:

Next time I'll post child pornography fantasies instead. Sheesh. Maybe I
need a break from most of you.

Pam S. disgusted by her stupidity

Pam I get the reference (it took me a minute, though)....and it IS
just plain weird, isn't it??
I know you have a wonderfully irreverant sense of humor, and I also
get that you wouldn't ever offend anybody on purpose.
I remember when I got spanked but good just for using the word
"lifestyle" in blessed ignorance that it might be an offensive word.
Hell. I didn't know.
Oops. Can I say "hell?"
Maybe you offended some people, now you know. Kick yourself around for
2 seconds then forget about it. But keep your sense of humor. That's
what keeps us sane.

Sherry

===============

I'm sorry. I got an email from a friend to warn me about this and sent one
back saying I could handle it. And I did. Then I saw that email from Kyla
to Susan about Grandma Shirley's death and lost it. That email was in as
poor of taste or more as my stupid joke, but not one person said anything to
her about it. Some of the very people who jumped on the politically correct
bandwagon probably thought it was marvelous. I'll tell you, if Kyla sends
something so disgusting to us when Rob is fighting his last battle, I'll do
something violent.

There you go. Here I was thinking you had been so terribly wronged,
which you had, and you have to prove that your post wasn't so bad by
attacking my friend, who sincerely means well.

Old July 20th 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

How do I always get dragged in this :-)

Ps also I am young than I lead on that I am but that is the age I feel;-)

"hopitus" wrote in message

I'm sorry. I got an email from a friend to warn me about this and sent
one
back saying I could handle it. And I did. Then I saw that email from
Kyla
to Susan about Grandma Shirley's death and lost it. That email was in as
poor of taste or more as my stupid joke, but not one person said anything
her about it. Some of the very people who jumped on the politically
correct
bandwagon probably thought it was marvelous. I'll tell you, if Kyla
sends
something so disgusting to us when Rob is fighting his last battle, I'll
do
something violent.
Pam S.

For what its worth Matt and I were posting re the largest age group,
50&60+
women, parading around their block naked - no thought of Muslims at
all in
my head. Someone who got on the PC bandwagon, as you call it, in the
heat of passion, posted their "edict" i.e. "if you post this, you will
__________
(fill in the horror bestowed) ". I feel embarrassed for my peers who
post
empty threats and edicts. Unfortunately MaryL thought I meant her
and got confused as my next non-plonk (oh, for a plonk) was all about
the cheery "feel-better" "death greeting" you mention.
I was about to blow my top over it but that is not "family" behavior
here
and if insensitive, clueless "compelled" (LOL, yeah, right - finger
pushes
"send" long before brain engages, if ever) repeated the "death
greeting"
again today, just in case we (or Susan, God forbid) missed it - I
bailed
and have been in the hacker ngs I favor. Those people are insulting
also
but they are not stupid...but they *are* smart.
Thank you for your take on the "death greeting". Hope MaryL
understands
what I was about and it wasn't Muslims, LOL.

Old July 20th 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com
"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
Next time I'll post child pornography fantasies instead. Sheesh. Maybe I
need a break from most of you.

Pam S. disgusted by her stupidity

Pam take it from a person that has been in almost everyone kill file
at least a couple times. People are going to say what they want how
they want and when they want even if they put their foot in their
mouth and still won't shut up about it.

If some was offended by that Well IMO they can just deal with it . I am a
straight shooter and tell it how it is. I won't hold back I
will call a spade a spade. I did promise the group I would be nice
and keep the peace but sometimes you just need to tell people get
over it and move on.
You did not mean anything out of it and if someone read this well
that is that person problem and sounds like they need to get thicker
skin. I don't know how many fat jokes or native American jokes that
I have heard over the years. The fat jokes happen every day even on
TV, the movies are the worse and EVERYONE OF YOU are guilty of it for
you know you laugh. I know I do

Native American jokes? Since Joel is 1/4 Native American, any chance you can
share some (via e-mail?) - as you can imagine, they don't tend to get alot
of mileage here in Australia.

Yowie

Old July 20th 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Matthew wrote:
[...]

and another amen here. People should just put on their big boy/girl
panties and get over it. Pam, I thought it was very funny...
Old July 20th 08, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Jul 19, 4:57 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
Pam S. disgusted by her stupidity

Pam, you're made of tougher stuff than this which makes me wonder if
you're simply down right now and could use a hug so {{{Pam}}}. So
you'll never make your living as a comedian, you're a hell of a
storyteller and we all love you. I have not read the entire letter
you mentioned nor the child incest messages (I only read one or two of
the messages on that thread today after someone made mention of it).
I rarely read OT messages unless they are from long-time contributors
and I always read everything you post so I caught this one. I'm sorry
if anything I posted hurt your feelings. I care too much for you to
ever want to do that. Please forgive me.

Julie
Old July 20th 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Lucys Mom" wrote in message
Matthew wrote:
[...]

I thought it was hilarious I could see Pam running around the neighborhood
naked and the look on Rob face while she did that ;-)

Old July 20th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

In article ,
"tanadashoes" wrote:

Next time I'll post child pornography fantasies instead. Sheesh. Maybe I
need a break from most of you.

Pam S. disgusted by her stupidity

Pam, I didn't post a reply to it, but I thought it was funny. I've seen
the same joke on a couple of mailing lists as well.

If we can't joke about current affairs, then "they" have won, whoever
"they" are. There's a big difference between posting a mild joke and
posting hateful stuff. I can laugh at jokes like that without hating
muslims. Just like I can laugh at Paddy jokes that make fun of the Irish
without hating those that tell them (I'm of Irish descent).

I must admit I didn't read the replies that people did post. If anyone
got offended by your post, then my advice to them would be "it's a joke,
get over it".

Dan
Old July 20th 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote in message
[...]

You know the biggest joke here in the USA was the lone ranger show his
Indian side kick tonto the meaning of tonto in Spanish. IN all the western
and even still to day for example they way they speak me big dumb Indian
you white man in a dumb voice

Why not let everyone look at them if they want

http://www.spottedeagle.com/jokes.htm

http://www.ahajokes.com/indian_jokes.html

http://www.thehumorarchives.com/joke...American_Names

Top Ten Reasons why there won't be an Indian US President Anytime Soon
10. White House not big enough for in-laws
9. Engineering, medicine, law and motels always preferred over politics
8. Agarbattis will set off smoke alarms
7. Can't find decent masala dhosa inside the beltway
6. Secret service can't handle nagging from mother
5. Dignitaries generally intimidated by eating with hands at state dinners
4. No chance for promotion
3. Chewing pan masala not considered politically correct
2. Senior aides won't take off shoes before coming in
1. Air Force One: No frequent flyer miles

One of my favorite Mexican jokes

Pedro: Pedro was driving down the street in a sweat because he had an
important meeting and couldn't find a parking place.
Looking up toward heaven, he said "Lord, take pity on me. If you find me a
parking place I will go to Mass every Sunday for the rest of my life and
give up tequila."
Miraculously, a parking place appeared.
Pedro looked up again and said,
"Never mind. I found one."