Boyfie made a mistake

Old October 24th 13, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie made a mistake

I made a chilli-con-carne tonight and I like it very hot. I heard him
licking the pan I made it in, still on the cooker top before I washed it. As
he knows very well he is not supposed to do this, I let him do it for a few
minutes.
He jumped down the very second he heard me get up from my chair. Too late..
he was licking his lips for a couple of hours :-)

Tweed

Old October 24th 13, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 23:23:23 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

I made a chilli-con-carne tonight and I like it very hot. I heard him
licking the pan I made it in, still on the cooker top before I washed
it. As he knows very well he is not supposed to do this, I let him do it
for a few minutes.
He jumped down the very second he heard me get up from my chair. Too
late..
he was licking his lips for a couple of hours :-)

Tweed

Hmmmmm... you may hear some mournful noises tomorrow, coming from the
direction of the litterbox. As the old saying goes, spicy food warms you
twice.

--
John F. Eldredge --
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Old October 24th 13, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

I made a chilli-con-carne tonight and I like it very hot. I heard him
licking the pan I made it in, still on the cooker top before I washed it. As
he knows very well he is not supposed to do this, I let him do it for a few
minutes.
He jumped down the very second he heard me get up from my chair. Too late..
he was licking his lips for a couple of hours :-)

Tweed

Yep, that was a mistake!

I like (moderately, not searing) hot/spicy food, especially chili con
carne.

Well, perhaps Boyfie learned a lesson since he knows he's not supposed
to get up there. Burning lips might just convince him... hey, this
isn't shrimpies! LOL

I don't know why, but Persia has *never* shown any interest in jumping
up on anything in the kitchen. (Lots of people insist she must have
done when I wasn't home, but I truly don't think so.) She doesn't jump
up on tables, either. Just my bed (now she uses pet-steps), her bed
(the guest bedroom) and the couch in the den when I'm there reading a book.

If I'm sitting at the computer in the living room Persia *occasionally*
gets on the sofa. Or on one of the wing-back chairs. Only IF the sun
is shining in that spot. It's comfy, and she knows I don't mind.

Here's an amusing memory: When I first brought Persia here my mom
insisted I cover the sofa with sheets. (For some reason she had a
plethora of sheets - and pillow cases.) I asked her why. She said she
didn't want Persia "staining" the sofa. Uh, what? I presume she was
talking about shedding. I really don't know. I joked, "Mom, she's not
wearing cheap hair dye!" (Yes, I did drape sheets over the sofa.)

Jill
Old October 24th 13, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/24/2013 6:41 PM, John F. Eldredge wrote:
On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 23:23:23 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

I made a chilli-con-carne tonight and I like it very hot. I heard him
licking the pan I made it in, still on the cooker top before I washed
it. As he knows very well he is not supposed to do this, I let him do it
for a few minutes.
He jumped down the very second he heard me get up from my chair. Too
late..
he was licking his lips for a couple of hours :-)

Tweed

Hmmmmm... you may hear some mournful noises tomorrow, coming from the
direction of the litterbox. As the old saying goes, spicy food warms you
twice.

I hadn't thought about that! Yikes! Except Boyfie doesn't use a
litterbox. He uses the great outdoors, as Tweed has mentioned many times.

Jill
Old October 25th 13, 02:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

John F. Eldredge wrote:

On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 23:23:23 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

I made a chilli-con-carne tonight and I like it very hot. I heard him
licking the pan I made it in, still on the cooker top before I washed
it. As he knows very well he is not supposed to do this, I let him do it
for a few minutes.
He jumped down the very second he heard me get up from my chair. Too
late..
he was licking his lips for a couple of hours :-)

Tweed

Hmmmmm... you may hear some mournful noises tomorrow, coming from the
direction of the litterbox. As the old saying goes, spicy food warms you
twice.

Yeah, I know from personal experience. In fact, although I enjoy hot
food, I try to be moderate about it because "I may like it, but it doesn't
like me."

--
Joyce

If you can't operate your turn signal, what makes you think you can
drive the rest of the car? -- bumper sticker
Old October 25th 13, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

I made a chilli-con-carne tonight and I like it very hot. I heard him
licking the pan I made it in, still on the cooker top before I washed it. As
he knows very well he is not supposed to do this, I let him do it for a few
minutes.
He jumped down the very second he heard me get up from my chair. Too late..
he was licking his lips for a couple of hours :-)

Poor Boyfie! Unfortunately, because the burning lips didn't happen
immediately, he probably isn't connecting that sensation with licking the
pan. So I doubt he's learned his lesson.

Old October 25th 13, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I made a chilli-con-carne tonight and I like it very hot. I heard him
licking the pan I made it in, still on the cooker top before I washed
it. As
he knows very well he is not supposed to do this, I let him do it for a
few
minutes.
He jumped down the very second he heard me get up from my chair. Too
late..
he was licking his lips for a couple of hours :-)

Poor Boyfie! Unfortunately, because the burning lips didn't happen
immediately, he probably isn't connecting that sensation with licking the
pan. So I doubt he's learned his lesson.

No, like you say, it doesn't happen immediately so no lesson will be learnt.
Don't call him "poor Boyfie" it serves him right. He knows (somehow) that
he must not get up on the worktops and stove-top, and immediately jumps down
if he hears me coming, I hear him jump back to the floor. "Who me? On the
worktops stealing? Not me.."
His chilli lips gave him away ;-)

Tweed

Old October 25th 13, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 17:49:28 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Sometimes I think the most you can teach a cat is "Don't get caught".

Old October 26th 13, 02:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I made a chilli-con-carne tonight and I like it very hot. I heard

him
licking the pan I made it in, still on the cooker top before I

washed it. As
he knows very well he is not supposed to do this, I let him do it

for a few
minutes.
He jumped down the very second he heard me get up from my chair.

Too late..
he was licking his lips for a couple of hours :-)

Before Buster went walkabout, one of his favorite treats was medium
hot picante sauce.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

--
Proof of sanity forged upon request
Old October 27th 13, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

om...
wrote:
I made a chilli-con-carne tonight and I like it very hot. I heard

him
licking the pan I made it in, still on the cooker top before I

washed it. As
he knows very well he is not supposed to do this, I let him do it

for a few
minutes.
He jumped down the very second he heard me get up from my chair.

Too late..
he was licking his lips for a couple of hours :-)

Before Buster went walkabout, one of his favorite treats was medium hot
picante sauce.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

How did you know he liked it so it became a treat? I guess through him
stealing it in the first place. I'm not sure whether or not Boyfie liked
his chilli experience. It's not done him any harm (apart from hot lips &
tongue) there was only a tiny bit of sauce left in the pan. But it was
extremely hot.
I live near the curry capital of the world (so it is said) so I am used
to eating very hot stuff. I don't do Korma, I do Vindaloo.
He hasn't licked my curry pan yet..

Tweed

Mistake! Pat[_3_] Cat anecdotes 14 November 22nd 10 07:10 PM
Gabby made a critical mistake today... please help... -Lost Cat health & behaviour 33 October 14th 07 06:45 PM
it's a mistake Pat Cat anecdotes 29 June 9th 06 10:27 PM
I Think I Made A Mistake Kris Croft Cat anecdotes 9 March 1st 04 09:59 PM