spa

Old October 22nd 13, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

Default spa

there is a bluetooth keyboard for about $60 that will work with the tablet.
Old October 22nd 13, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/21/2013 7:40 PM, Mike Mayers wrote:
there is a bluetooth keyboard for about $60 that will work with the tablet.

It might, unless it's as small as a laptop keyboard. I use a laptop
computer but I can't type on a laptop keyboard. They keys are too
scrunched together. I learned to type on an actual typewriter. I
have a separate keyboard attached to the laptop and that's what I use.
I like being able to touch-type. I rarely look at my fingers when
typing because my hands just know where the keys are. Sure, I make
typos. But not all that many and none of them are critical.

Jill
Old October 22nd 13, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/21/2013 7:38 PM, Bastette wrote:
Mike Mayers wrote:

spazzie is doing very well. she almost screams ewhen she is hungry but I am trying to get her used to eating twice a day. also I am trying to get used to typing on this tablet!

Yes, at first I thought you were posting about a hot tub.

Joyce

LOL! I thought maybe he'd taken Spazzie to a cat spa.

Jill
Old October 22nd 13, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 10/21/2013 6:27 PM, Joy wrote:
"Rusty" wrote in message
On Sunday, October 20, 2013 9:29:00 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
On 10/20/2013 4:17 PM, Mike Mayers wrote:

spazzie is doing very well. she almost screams ewhen she is hungry
but I am trying to get her used to eating twice a day. also I am
trying to get used to typing on this tablet!

I'm glad to hear Spazzie is doing well.

I also think you're doing much better than I would at typing on a
tablet.

Jill

I found typing on a tablet requires a lot of patience. Much prefer using
10
fingers instead of one or 2. -- Winnie

I'm with you. My fingers know where the letters are when I can use all
of
them. With only two, I have to keep checking.

Joy

Stylus or not, I touch-type about 100 WPM. A tablet would just slow me
down!

Jill

Yup. Although I don't think I was ever quite that fast.

Joy

Old October 22nd 13, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/21/2013 8:50 PM, Joy wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 10/21/2013 6:27 PM, Joy wrote:
"Rusty" wrote in message
[...]

My typing teacher in high school (two years of typing class, way before
anyone had personal computers) was rather intimidating. She did say I
typed at about 80 WPM. I got much faster than that when I learned to
use a computer. I attribute that to being able to look at the screen as
I type. In typing class I had to type some text sitting on a stand next
to the typewriter. Couldn't look at my fingers and had no way to
backspace to correct. Of course there were points off for typos. With
a computer I got much faster and still am.

Jill
Old October 22nd 13, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 10/21/2013 8:50 PM, Joy wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 10/21/2013 6:27 PM, Joy wrote:
"Rusty" wrote in message
[...]

I think the fastest I ever tested on a typewriter was 75 WPM. Like you, I
think I've gotten faster on a computer, but I've never timed myself. For
one thing, there's no return lever or key on a computer, so that's bound to
save some time.

Joy

Old October 22nd 13, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 20:37:04 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

On 10/21/2013 7:40 PM, Mike Mayers wrote:
there is a bluetooth keyboard for about $60 that will work with the
tablet.

It might, unless it's as small as a laptop keyboard. I use a laptop
computer but I can't type on a laptop keyboard. They keys are too
scrunched together. I learned to type on an actual typewriter. I
have a separate keyboard attached to the laptop and that's what I use.
I like being able to touch-type. I rarely look at my fingers when
typing because my hands just know where the keys are. Sure, I make
typos. But not all that many and none of them are critical.

Jill

I recommend the Inspiron 15 laptop from Dell. I bought one recently,
after my previous laptop expired. The Inspiron 15 has a full-sized
keyboard, including a full numeric keypad. This makes it a bit bulkier
than some laptops, but I can touch-type on it despite having large
fingers.

--
John F. Eldredge --
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Old October 22nd 13, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 22:58:23 -0700, Joy wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 10/21/2013 8:50 PM, Joy wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 10/21/2013 6:27 PM, Joy wrote:
"Rusty" wrote in message
[...]

Now that you have aroused my curiosity, I am going to check and see if
there are any typing-speed-measuring apps for Linux. I learned touch
typing many years ago, and I know my typing speed has gradually
increased, but I have no idea what the current speed is.

Old October 22nd 13, 05:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 10/21/2013 8:50 PM, Joy wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 10/21/2013 6:27 PM, Joy wrote:
"Rusty" wrote in message
[...]

I found an online typing speed test at http://www.typeonline.co.uk/
typingspeed.php. It measured my speed as 45 words per minute.

Old October 22nd 13, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

On 10/21/2013 7:40 PM, Mike Mayers wrote:
there is a bluetooth keyboard for about $60 that will work with the tablet.

It might, unless it's as small as a laptop keyboard. I use a laptop
computer but I can't type on a laptop keyboard. They keys are too
scrunched together. I learned to type on an actual typewriter. I
have a separate keyboard attached to the laptop and that's what I use.
I like being able to touch-type. I rarely look at my fingers when
typing because my hands just know where the keys are. Sure, I make
typos. But not all that many and none of them are critical.

Jill, how do you have it all positioned? I'm picturing the laptop sitting
open, and your keyboard sitting on the desk between you and the opened laptop.
Does that mean that the distance between you and the monitor is the depth of
both keyboards? I've tried that and found that the monitor was too far away.
Especially since laptop monitors are small to begin with.

My laptop (which recently conked out on me) was hooked up to a separate
keyboard, mouse and monitor. I was mostly using the laptop the same way I'd
use a desktop machine. If I wanted just the laptop, it wasn't too hard to
disconnect the cables.

--
Joyce

I will not sniff at my male human's feet after he takes his shoes off,
freeze my mouth open in disgust and then sniff my private parts to compare
odors. -- Cat Resolutions