Allergies, Linear Granuloma, and Diet

Old December 2nd 03, 04:53 PM
Yngver

(GAUBSTER2) wrote:

But whatever good things Hill's Pet Nutrition might do, how would that

alter
the fact that her cats did poorly on SD? I don't see the connection.

That's not what I asked her. I asked her if she had ANYTHING positive to

say
about HILL'S PET NUTRITION. She said no. That discredits her immediately.

Nothing anybody or any organization does is completely evil whether you

want
admit that or not. I'm just trying to get her to be fair and she isn't
interested in fairness--she bashes Hill's incessantly instead. Oh well.

I did a quick search but I couldn't find the post you are referring to. I
only
see your posts repeating the above. Perhaps you have a citation. Given that
there has been a lot of misinterpretation going on here, I'd like to read

the
post myself to see what was actually said.

It was only about 2 weeks or so ago.

Then you should be able to find it easily, since you remember the key words.

The "health problems" seems to have evolved to become anything and
everything
that has ever gone wrong for her cats--and she attributes them all to
Science
Diet.

That's your conclusion, not mine.

That not anyone's conclusion, that is what she SAID.

Where? She doesn't even feed her current cats SD, so how could she be

blaming
it for any health problems her present cats have had?

I didn't say her CURRENT cats.

Aha! You just did the same thing--making an imprecise statement that someone
else could misconstrue--that with Lauren you intrepret as a deliberate lie.
Since you didn't clarify in your original statement that you were only
referring to her previous cats, I could now surmise you were lying, correct?

You can see how convoluted Lauren has made
this.

No more convoluted than any long thread, and you have done the same thing.

Just look at the quotes that Phil P dug up from her and you'll see
what
I mean.

I looked. When she said she fed SD once, she meant one period of time. I would
say the same thing. When she said she never fed SD, she meant to her current
cats. Where's the lie?

That's not to mention all of the "new" problems that she mentioned
(after the fact of course) late this summer. Someone mentioned their cat had
impacted or full anal glands and then Lauren piped up and said her cats had
them too and they were CAUSED by Science Diet.

Isn't that what her vet suggested?

I have corresponded with
her about her cat's asthma because one of my cats developed a mild case. Can
you find a single post in which she blamed SD for her cat's asthma?

I haven't looked, but judging from her other posts, it wouldn't surprise me
at
all if tried to attribute that to Science Diet as well.

See, that's the thing. You can't find such a post because she never said that,
but you are more than eager enough to think the worst.

You're trying to create grey where there is black and white. Why? Which
other
companies have had people "monitor" forums such as this? I'm not aware of
any
particular company doing this?

That doesn't mean they don't do it.

Your posts implied that other pet companies do this. I don't care about
other
industries.

I'm not saying Steve
does this-- but I do think it's important to take his opinions on his
employer's product with a grain of salt. He has contributed much valuable
information here, I recognize, but I'm sure even he does not expect

everyone
trust his opinions on Hill's without seeking independent verification.

Don't sell him short. He acknowledges that his views are his opinions and
don't neccessarily represent Hill's. You do remember him saying that, no?

Yes. So?

So I think he is honest. That's all.

You appear to be replying to your own quote here, not mine.

I forgot to "quote" your post before responding.

Okay, I was just not sure because your reply came right after your own
statement.
Old December 2nd 03, 05:18 PM
Yngver

"Phil P." wrote:

"Yngver" wrote in message
(GAUBSTER2) wrote:

I have read Lauren's posts on this and other boards for a long time. I

don't
see any reason to suspect her of constantly lying or making things up.

Nothing gets past your lightening quick perception, does it!

From: Darnit7 )
Subject: Cat food and anal gland
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: 2001-01-05 18:50:10 PST

"But I don't see how wet food would cause your kitty's [anal gland]problems.
Seems like this vet wants to push Science Diet."

She couldn't see how wet food would cause anal sac problems in the OP's
cat.... but she had no doubt that SD "caused" anal sac disease in her
cat....

So you assume the SD that "caused" anal sac problems in her cat was wet and not
dry? If that's the case, okay, I see your point. But if you don't know whether
she meant wet or dry SD, how can you insist it's a lie?

...and you can't see any reason to think she's a liar and conjures up
bullsh!t stories....??? I think you should see an ophthalmologist... quick
if not sooner! LOL!

If she was feeding her cat SD kibble, there's no actual contradiction, is
there? Do you know for a fact she meant SD canned? Perhaps you can dig up a
post to clarify.

Old December 2nd 03, 10:27 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"GAUBSTER2" wrote in message
It's somewhat telling that the females can't
or won't see it and the males point out the inconsistencies

Whoa - two for two in one post. Another hint: Quit while you're behind.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old December 2nd 03, 10:45 PM
GAUBSTER2

From: ospam (Yngver)

I did a quick search but I couldn't find the post you are referring to. I
only
see your posts repeating the above. Perhaps you have a citation. Given that
there has been a lot of misinterpretation going on here, I'd like to read

the
post myself to see what was actually said.

It was only about 2 weeks or so ago.

Then you should be able to find it easily, since you remember the key words.

I have no reason to go back and review my own words. What would I get out of
such an exercise?

Aha! You just did the same thing--making an imprecise statement that someone
else could misconstrue--that with Lauren you intrepret as a deliberate lie.
Since you didn't clarify in your original statement that you were only
referring to her previous cats, I could now surmise you were lying, correct?

I am simply repeating what Lauren said. I never said she "deliberately lied".
I now don't trust what she has said because it changes daily. She does seem to
want to mislead and she has admitted that she hates Hill's and is on an
anti-Hill's agenda. Why are you all of a sudden an apologist for her? If you
want to drop the image of impartiality and side w/ her, you do so at your own
risk!

You can see how convoluted Lauren has made
this.

No more convoluted than any long thread, and you have done the same thing.

By taking what she says and applying an entirely new context, you are the one
convoluting things while Lauren watches, and smiles.

Just look at the quotes that Phil P dug up from her and you'll see
what
I mean.

I looked. When she said she fed SD once, she meant one period of time. I
would
say the same thing. When she said she never fed SD, she meant to her current
cats. Where's the lie?

You are deluded. Did you read each of her posts that Phil supplied? They
contradict each other! Why are you apologizing for her?

That's not to mention all of the "new" problems that she mentioned
(after the fact of course) late this summer. Someone mentioned their cat

had
impacted or full anal glands and then Lauren piped up and said her cats had
them too and they were CAUSED by Science Diet.

Isn't that what her vet suggested?

NO! The image of impartiality that you claim to have is disappearing faster
than a mirage!

I have corresponded with
her about her cat's asthma because one of my cats developed a mild case.

Can
you find a single post in which she blamed SD for her cat's asthma?

I haven't looked, but judging from her other posts, it wouldn't surprise me
at
all if tried to attribute that to Science Diet as well.

See, that's the thing. You can't find such a post because she never said
that,
but you are more than eager enough to think the worst.

How do you know? You can't find a post that she made just a couple of weeks
ago. AND you're ignoring the part where I said I HAVEN'T LOOKED! Again, it
wouldn't surprise me at all if Lauren made that claim; she makes other bogus
claims.