Why's everybody always hissing at me?

Old February 4th 05, 07:46 AM
Julie Cook

Default Why's everybody always hissing at me?

Barbados has been released from his room and is terrorizing the colony.
He's a typical kitten and wants somebody to play with him.
Unfortunately no one feels comfortable enough yet. Tonight he's
discovered he can come flying over the back of the couch and drape
himself around my shoulders and I'll give him kisses. Unfortunately
he's typical male child, the kisses embarrass him so he has to attack my
head. He wraps his legs around my head with his paws on my face and
starts tugging at my hair. Silly cat.

Lately when I hear the other cats hissing at him I think of the Charlie
Brown song that says "Why's everybody always picking on me" which I sing
to Barnabus as "Why's everybody always hissin' at you?" This led me to
think of the lyrics of the song and make some changes. I poet I'm not
but the following is my version of the Charlie Brown song:

Fe fe fi fi fo fo fum
I hear hissing in the living room
Barnabus, Barnabus
Vampire cat, that Barnabus
He's gonna get caught, just you wait and see
(Why's everybody always hissin’ at me?)

First up on the cat tree, then onto the shelf
Rearrange the nick knaks to satisfy his self.
Barnabus, Barnibus
Vampire cat, that Barnabus
He's gonna get caught, just you wait and see
(Why's everybody always hissin’ at me?)

Who's always nipping at your heels?
Who's always biting Lacey’s tail?
Who chases Hobbes around the room?
Guess who! (Who, me?) Yeah, you!

Who walks in the bedroom tail straight in the air?
Who pounces on Selena then runs away in fear?
Barnabus, Barnabus
Vampire cat, that Barnabus
He's gonna get caught, just you wait and see
(Why's everybody always hissin’ at me?)

Who ran in the kitchen, skidding to a stop?
Who slid into Sam and got his black ears bopped?
Barnabus, Barnabus
Vampire cat, that Barnabus
I told you it would happen, he got himself caught
(Why's everybody always hissin’ at me?)

Who's always nipping at your heels?
Who's always biting Lacey’s tail?
Who chases Hobbes around the room?
Guess who! (Who, me?) Yeah, you!

Who has run around until he finally dropped?
Who has curled upon my lap, a purring, fuzzy ball?
Barnabus, Barnabus
Baby cat, that Barnabus
He finally found a family, now his life’s complete
(Why would anybody want to hiss at me?)

Julie

Old February 4th 05, 12:52 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Julie Cook at
wrote on 2/4/05 12:46AM:

[...]

(Why's everybody always hissin¹ at me?)

First up on the cat tree, then onto the shelf
Rearrange the nick knaks to satisfy his self.
Barnabus, Barnibus
Vampire cat, that Barnabus
He's gonna get caught, just you wait and see
(Why's everybody always hissin¹ at me?)

Who's always nipping at your heels?
Who's always biting Lacey¹s tail?
[...]

He finally found a family, now his life¹s complete
(Why would anybody want to hiss at me?)

Julie

Sounds like he is fitting right in!

Old February 4th 05, 03:15 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 01:46:36 -0500, Julie Cook
yodeled:

(snip barnabus song)

Hee hee, typical kitten, two speeds: ON and OFF.

Theresa
Old February 4th 05, 03:17 PM
CatNipped

"Julie Cook" wrote in message
[...]

LOL!!! Oh, that's a *PERFECT* song for a kitten, loved it.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 4th 05, 03:25 PM
Gabey8

ROTFL! Great Lyrics! ) I love it!

Donna, glad to know I'm not the only one nuts enough -- um, I mean
creative enough ;o) -- to re-word songs for the resident felines

Old February 4th 05, 05:07 PM
Holly

I loved the song. Sounds like he is having a grand ole time.

kreisleriana Penned:
"Hee hee, typical kitten, two speeds: ON and OFF. "

Kittens have an OFF switch? I think Sasha's must have broke hers
because it is always ON for her.

Old February 4th 05, 05:20 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 09:25:57 -0500, "Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com
(formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com) yodeled:

ROTFL! Great Lyrics! ) I love it!

Donna, glad to know I'm not the only one nuts enough -- um, I mean
creative enough ;o) -- to re-word songs for the resident felines

Oh, there are plenty of us.

Theresa
Old February 4th 05, 05:22 PM
Marina

Julie Cook wrote:

snippage

(Why would anybody want to hiss at me?)

Great lyrics, Julie!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old February 4th 05, 06:08 PM
SUQKRT

In article , Julie Cook
wrote:

Who has run around until he finally dropped?
Who has curled upon my lap, a purring, fuzzy ball?
Barnabus, Barnabus
Baby cat, that Barnabus
He finally found a family, now his life’s complete
(Why would anybody want to hiss at me?)

Julie

Thats great Julie, I love it.
Suz
Macmoosette

"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."
--Faith Resnick

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old February 4th 05, 11:48 PM
Cheryl

On Fri 04 Feb 2005 01:46:36a, Julie Cook wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

[...]

LOL I love it!!!!

--
Cheryl