Kitty FC spoke!

Old October 18th 05, 07:52 PM
Christina Websell

Default Kitty FC spoke!

I don't know why Kitty can't speak, but she can't. She opens her mouth but
no sound ever comes out.
Because I know she cannot alert me by noise if she needs the outside
toilet - which she insists upon, I hang an apron on the doorknob which she
will scratch at when she needs the out and I can hear that.
Today she said something. Like Ech, eee, orr. Nothing to do with wanting to
go out, but her very first communication.

Tweed

Old October 18th 05, 08:19 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-10-18, Christina Websell penned:
I don't know why Kitty can't speak, but she can't. She opens her
mouth but no sound ever comes out. Because I know she cannot alert
me by noise if she needs the outside toilet - which she insists
upon, I hang an apron on the doorknob which she will scratch at when
she needs the out and I can hear that. Today she said something.
Like Ech, eee, orr. Nothing to do with wanting to go out, but her
very first communication.

That's pretty cool. Maybe she can teach herself to speak.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old October 18th 05, 08:28 PM
Pat

Abelard is the same way, except when Eli attacks him, and when I try to
bathe him. I bet KFC would find her voice under similar circumstances, and I
bet it would be loud.

Old October 18th 05, 09:40 PM
Ted Davis

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:52:39 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I don't know why Kitty can't speak, but she can't. She opens her mouth but
no sound ever comes out.
Because I know she cannot alert me by noise if she needs the outside
toilet - which she insists upon, I hang an apron on the doorknob which she
will scratch at when she needs the out and I can hear that.
Today she said something. Like Ech, eee, orr. Nothing to do with wanting to
go out, but her very first communication.

Spooky was like that for about eight years - he's been talking for
about five yeaars now.

--
T.E.D. )

Old October 18th 05, 10:37 PM
Adrian

Christina Websell wrote:
I don't know why Kitty can't speak, but she can't. She opens her
mouth but no sound ever comes out.
Because I know she cannot alert me by noise if she needs the outside
toilet - which she insists upon, I hang an apron on the doorknob
which she will scratch at when she needs the out and I can hear that.
Today she said something. Like Ech, eee, orr. Nothing to do with
wanting to go out, but her very first communication.

Tweed

That's progress. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old October 18th 05, 10:45 PM
mlbriggs

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:52:39 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

I don't know why Kitty can't speak, but she can't. She opens her mouth
but no sound ever comes out.
Because I know she cannot alert me by noise if she needs the outside
toilet - which she insists upon, I hang an apron on the doorknob which she
will scratch at when she needs the out and I can hear that. Today she said
something. Like Ech, eee, orr. Nothing to do with wanting to go out, but
her very first communication.

Tweed

When I first got TuTu she was speechless too. When she tried to meow, it
was just a tiny squeak for a big cat. Then one day she was out on the
enclosed patio when a big windstorm started. She was truly frightened
and I heard yowling that was hard to believe -- she had discovered her
voice. She talks now, but her voice is usually soft -- unless she is
anxious. MLB
Old October 19th 05, 04:11 AM
John F. Eldredge

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:45:10 +0000, mlbriggs
wrote:

[...]

When I was a child, my father accidently ran over one of our cat's
back legs. Fortunately, this was on a gravel driveway, which
cushioned the pressure enough that the leg was broken but not mashed
flat. Tige (a large yellow tiger-striped tomcat) had to wear a cast
for several weeks, but he eventually regained the full use of his leg.
The only permanent damage was that he apparently sprained his vocal
cords when he screamed as his leg was broken. From that point on, he
could meow out loud, but his purrs were too soft to hear unless your
ear was up against his chest.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old October 20th 05, 12:47 AM
Steve Touchstone

wrote:

I don't know why Kitty can't speak, but she can't. She opens her mouth but
no sound ever comes out.
Because I know she cannot alert me by noise if she needs the outside
toilet - which she insists upon, I hang an apron on the doorknob which she
will scratch at when she needs the out and I can hear that.
Today she said something. Like Ech, eee, orr. Nothing to do with wanting to
go out, but her very first communication.

I seem to remember hearing or reading somewhere that many cats don't
vocalize much unless they're raised around hoomins, since most of the
cummunication with other cats is through body language - course that
would depend on the breed as some oriental breeds are known as very
vocal. I'm not sure where that tidbit of information came from, but it
was offered as a possible explanation as to why Rocky seldom spoke.
For the first couple years he didn't speak at all, and then when he
did start is was a very soft squeaky sound.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: