Is it my service or is it just quiet in here?

Old August 24th 09, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default Is it my service or is it just quiet in here?

I've seen no messages in here all day - just testing to see if my
netnews service is having problems, or if it's just slow here.

jmc
Old August 24th 09, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
FirstHit

On Aug 23, 5:06*pm, jmc wrote:
I've seen no messages in here all day - just testing to see if my
netnews service is having problems, or if it's just slow here.

jmc

It's not quiet at all in here if you count the avalanche of SPAM
lately. Not any legitimate posts though. Maybe the SPAM is chasing
people away.

FirstHit
Old August 24th 09, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Dragoman

FirstHit wrote:
On Aug 23, 5:06 pm, jmc wrote:
I've seen no messages in here all day - just testing to see if my
netnews service is having problems, or if it's just slow here.

It's not quiet at all in here if you count the avalanche of SPAM
lately. Not any legitimate posts though. Maybe the SPAM is chasing
people away.

Those of us who use normal news servers (aioe, albasani or
eternal-september, to name e few free ones), instead of Google, see
almost no spam. It /is/ quiet in here.
Old August 24th 09, 12:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Dragoman exclaimed (8/23/2009 9:10 PM):
FirstHit wrote:
On Aug 23, 5:06 pm, jmc wrote:
I've seen no messages in here all day - just testing to see if my
netnews service is having problems, or if it's just slow here.

It's not quiet at all in here if you count the avalanche of SPAM
lately. Not any legitimate posts though. Maybe the SPAM is chasing
people away.

Those of us who use normal news servers (aioe, albasani or
eternal-september, to name e few free ones), instead of Google, see
almost no spam. It /is/ quiet in here.

I use individual.net, which is reasonably good at filtering spam. You
two are the only posts I've seen in over 24 hours.

Thanks. I was thinking maybe Usenet was broken g.

jmc
Old August 24th 09, 01:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

FirstHit wrote:
On Aug 23, 5:06 pm, jmc wrote:
I've seen no messages in here all day - just testing to see if my
netnews service is having problems, or if it's just slow here.

It's not quiet at all in here if you count the avalanche of SPAM
lately. Not any legitimate posts though. Maybe the SPAM is chasing
people away.

Those of us who use normal news servers (aioe, albasani or
eternal-september, to name e few free ones), instead of Google, see
almost no spam. It /is/ quiet in here.

I use individual.net, which is reasonably good at filtering spam. You
two are the only posts I've seen in over 24 hours.

Thanks. I was thinking maybe Usenet was broken g.

jmc

Quiet, except for spam. I guess everyone's kittys are behaving.
Old August 24th 09, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, dgk exclaimed (8/24/2009 8:22 AM):

FirstHit wrote:
On Aug 23, 5:06 pm, jmc wrote:
I've seen no messages in here all day - just testing to see if my
netnews service is having problems, or if it's just slow here.

It's not quiet at all in here if you count the avalanche of SPAM
lately. Not any legitimate posts though. Maybe the SPAM is chasing
people away.
Those of us who use normal news servers (aioe, albasani or
eternal-september, to name e few free ones), instead of Google, see
almost no spam. It /is/ quiet in here.

I use individual.net, which is reasonably good at filtering spam. You
two are the only posts I've seen in over 24 hours.

Thanks. I was thinking maybe Usenet was broken g.

jmc

Quiet, except for spam. I guess everyone's kittys are behaving.

Or maybe it's a feline conspiracy and they've all hid the mice and
coughed up hairballs on keyboards

(has an image of cats everywhere lying on keyboards, refusing to move)

jmc
Old August 24th 09, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Granby

Sometimes, silence is Golden. Could mean everyone's cat is well for the day
or at least behaving.

Old August 24th 09, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_2_]

FirstHit wrote:
On Aug 23, 5:06 pm, jmc wrote:
I've seen no messages in here all day - just testing to see if my
netnews service is having problems, or if it's just slow here.

It's not quiet at all in here if you count the avalanche of SPAM
lately. Not any legitimate posts though. Maybe the SPAM is chasing
people away.

Those of us who use normal news servers (aioe, albasani or
eternal-september, to name e few free ones), instead of Google, see
almost no spam. It /is/ quiet in here.

I use individual.net, which is reasonably good at filtering spam. You
two are the only posts I've seen in over 24 hours.

Thanks. I was thinking maybe Usenet was broken g.

jmc

Perhaps down for repairs. MLB
Old September 30th 09, 09:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

FirstHit wrote:

jmc wrote:

I've seen no messages in here all day - just testing to see if
my netnews service is having problems, or if it's just slow
here.

It's not quiet at all in here if you count the avalanche of SPAM
lately.

It comes from your stinking news server Google Groups. I have
heard that Google has started including a link at the top of the
page for reporting spam, maybe like MSN Hotmail. If all you have
to do is click on it, please do. Maybe that will eventually slow
it down.

Not any legitimate posts though. Maybe the SPAM is chasing
people away.

FirstHit

New Service!! [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 May 8th 05 05:02 PM
Personal service Yoj Cat anecdotes 8 March 16th 04 08:07 AM
Service Cats? HUDAV847 Cat health & behaviour 8 March 7th 04 03:59 AM
The Memorial Service Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 15 December 11th 03 05:52 AM
Going to the service Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 8 December 10th 03 12:50 PM