September 15, 2003. My Heart and Soul is Gone

Old September 15th 03, 02:29 PM
Kami

Default September 15, 2003. My Heart and Soul is Gone

I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I looked and
found her soft, sweet body.

She was okay at midnight last night. I couldn't sleep and popped popcorn, and
she put her paw on my arm cause she wanted to know what I had.

But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was only 5-1/2
years.

I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.

I brought her beautiful body to the vet, cause I need to know why. He said most
likely sudden cardiomyopathy.

Spook was my life. She made me laugh. She got me thru Princess' illness and
final days. When Princess died, Spook comforted me. Now no kitty is comforting
me. I think the only one who notices she's gone is Whiskers.

She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her antics, her hugs and
cuddles. I'm not the same without her.

I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.

I love you my baby.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 15th 03, 04:56 PM
spike&stormy

Kami wrote:

[...]

Anti Kami, we iz so sorry tu heer dis turrible news. Spook wuz a wunnerfull kitty
an we will miss hur furry much. We sends many purrs fur hur jurney and many purrs
fur yur broken hart.

Spike & Stormy, krying wif sadness

Old September 15th 03, 07:42 PM
The Fur Conspiracy

Hi, Anti Kami;

Lotza purrz an waggaz frum awl ov uz.

Ms. M-M

The Fur Conspiracy:
Mr. T.S. Eliot (VC), Ms. Martha-Mound (SOC, TGK), Mr. GrowlTiger,
Shadow da Pup, and (Furry) Fred
also Mr. TigerSam (PC) and Clarence da Choklit Moose
[Edit it to make it work.]
Old September 15th 03, 07:58 PM
Me

Kami wrote:
I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I looked and
found her soft, sweet body.

Kami,

Weze all wishin Spook a ezy trip to da Rainbow Bridj. Dere's lotz of mms
an a big hole in yur heart now. Weze unnerstand cuz we lost Fluffy a few
weeks ago suddenly an ar hoomins were bof mms'ing lots. Weze sending yu
lots ov cumfurting purrs.

Snowflake and Frieda an der hoomins

Old September 15th 03, 08:56 PM
Bingo

Kami wrote in
:

[...]

Oh, that's so sad! Though I lost Edie one week ago today, at least
she had 12 good years. I lost Comet at three years, so I know your
pain of premature loss. Doesn't like she suffered much, though.
Take some solice in that. It's just you who's suffering now.
Please take care of youself.

Old September 15th 03, 09:25 PM
KS

Unca Cory wrote:

But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was only 5-1/2
years.

Talk about a life cut WAY too short...

Yeah.

I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.

I can understand that. I'm having trouble processing it myself, and
Spook didn't even live with me or anything.

She was an incredible cat, knew what she wanted, including knowing everything I
was doing. She was curious about everything, even vets' offices.

Rest in peace, "Spook-A-Dook". I'll miss you, my friend, and I'll always
remember you.

--- Unca Cory

Your nemesis, huh. (-:

I just got a call from the vet. It seems she had some undetected serious
problems. He said that Spook's spleen had ruptured and bled into her
tummy. He said she might have had lymphona. He said none of this would be
picked up in the bloodwork.

I had no idea that anything was wrong. She was at a vet clinic, the Animal
Medical Center in NYC, less than 2 weeks ago, and nothing was detected.

I'm beyond shock. How could she hide this so well? I mean, I held her in my
arms yesterday afternoon, and she showed no sign of pain.

And so strange.... She seemed to be putting on weight, esp. side to side. I was
very worried about it, and had thought a few times that she might explode. She
did.

My poor baby!! )-:

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 15th 03, 10:58 PM
The Clowder

KS wrote:

I just got a call from the vet. It seems she had some undetected serious
problems. He said that Spook's spleen had ruptured and bled into her
tummy. He said she might have had lymphona. He said none of this would be
picked up in the bloodwork.

I had no idea that anything was wrong. She was at a vet clinic, the Animal
Medical Center in NYC, less than 2 weeks ago, and nothing was detected.

I'm beyond shock. How could she hide this so well? I mean, I held her in my
arms yesterday afternoon, and she showed no sign of pain.

And so strange.... She seemed to be putting on weight, esp. side to side. I was
very worried about it, and had thought a few times that she might explode. She
did.

My poor baby!! )-:

Kami

She might very well not have been in pain when you held her, it
certainly sounds as though she wasn't, that the rupture was so sudden
that it took her immediately.

This is really, really hard to believe, Spook was such a vibrant
little character and I felt as though I genuinely knew her through
your posts. An unforgettable, bright spirit. My heart hurts so much
for you, Kami, and r.p.c.c. won't quite be the same without her.

Melissa
Old September 15th 03, 11:24 PM
KS

The Clowder (South) wrote:

She might very well not have been in pain when you held her, it
certainly sounds as though she wasn't, that the rupture was so sudden
that it took her immediately.

This is really, really hard to believe, Spook was such a vibrant
little character and I felt as though I genuinely knew her through
your posts. An unforgettable, bright spirit. My heart hurts so much
for you, Kami, and r.p.c.c. won't quite be the same without her.

Melissa

Thanks Melissa. She was a bright vibrant spirit here, and my "compartment"
feels empty without her.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 15th 03, 11:59 PM
Fred Williams

Kami wrote:

[...]

Wow! What a shock. I thought Spook would be around the group fur a
long long time. So did you, of course. You know everything we've
shared with each other about the bridge, how all the wonderful
furriends who have gone before will be there to help them, how you
are not alone and we've been there before, and how Spook will always
be with you. All that,... all those thoughts and love and caring
and purrayers are with you and Spook this day. You will be together
again. May Bast bless Spook and you and Whiskers as well. You'll
all be in my prayers.

--
With full Sympathy
Fred & Jetadiah

Remove FFFf to reply, please
Old September 16th 03, 12:09 AM
The Clowder

KS wrote:

The Clowder (South) wrote:

She might very well not have been in pain when you held her, it
certainly sounds as though she wasn't, that the rupture was so sudden
that it took her immediately.

This is really, really hard to believe, Spook was such a vibrant
little character and I felt as though I genuinely knew her through
your posts. An unforgettable, bright spirit. My heart hurts so much
for you, Kami, and r.p.c.c. won't quite be the same without her.

Melissa

Thanks Melissa. She was a bright vibrant spirit here, and my "compartment"
feels empty without her.

Kami

I know it does, I know. hug It doesn't matter how long we have
with the special star kitties, it's never enough, and it is
devastating when they leave. Truly, though, the love we share and the
lessons they teach us are ours to keep forever.

Melissa