Fudin', Fussin' and a fightin'

Old September 2nd 09, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Granby

Default Fudin', Fussin' and a fightin'

O T , every now and then gets on a kick of ambushing Willow and Piglett as
they come around a corner. Well, I hope today was his last time with
Willow. She weighs about 5 lbs at most and he was 16 at his last vet trip.

Today as she came out of the kitchen, he landed on her. You could hear the
air whissssh out of her. Next thing you would have thought the White
tornado front an old commercial had landed in my house. She smacked the
snot out of him and he has two scratches on his face to show for it. He
hissed but was so surprised by the attack, he just stood there and took it.
Tonight, he is walking a wide path around her and the fishtank house.

Old September 2nd 09, 01:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 22:08:35 -0500, "Granby" wrote:

O T , every now and then gets on a kick of ambushing Willow and Piglett as
they come around a corner. Well, I hope today was his last time with
Willow. She weighs about 5 lbs at most and he was 16 at his last vet trip.

Today as she came out of the kitchen, he landed on her. You could hear the
air whissssh out of her. Next thing you would have thought the White
tornado front an old commercial had landed in my house. She smacked the
snot out of him and he has two scratches on his face to show for it. He
hissed but was so surprised by the attack, he just stood there and took it.
Tonight, he is walking a wide path around her and the fishtank house.

Nice. Sometimes they've just had enough.
Old September 30th 09, 09:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

"Granby" wrote:

O T , every now and then gets on a kick of ambushing Willow and
Piglett as they come around a corner. Well, I hope today was
his last time with Willow. She weighs about 5 lbs at most and
he was 16 at his last vet trip.

Today as she came out of the kitchen, he landed on her. You
could hear the air whissssh out of her. Next thing you would
have thought the White tornado front an old commercial had
landed in my house. She smacked the snot out of him and he has
two scratches on his face to show for it. He hissed but was so
surprised by the attack, he just stood there and took it.
Tonight, he is walking a wide path around her and the fishtank
house.

Hopefully they will get over it.

If I thought the male was being overly aggressive and causing
injury or serious distress, I would have clipped his claws. Claw
clipping is a very good behavior modifier IMO. My two cats usually
get along great here, but I have used that method once or twice.

Maybe he needs a lot of exercise/play?

Good luck.