Roly-poly pets: Overweight animals at risk for diseases, death

Old September 18th 09, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sighthounds & siberians

Default Roly-poly pets: Overweight animals at risk for diseases, death

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 23:51:23 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

"sighthounds & siberians" wrote
Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
that kibble dehydrates cats.

You and anyone else can feed your cats **** if you want to. You can do
anything to them, right? But they need canned food. Quality meat, delivered
with moisture as they would get in the wild. Cats naturally get a lot of
moisture from their food. Dry food ****s this up. When I stopped feeding dry
my cat stopped hurling, too. They gobble the dry food because they're
hungry, and eat too much because they are not satisfied, then it expands in
their stomachs and there you have it, on the rug.

That's not evidence.

I'm well aware of the benefits of canned food, which is why I feed
quality canned cat food, and always have. I guess you were so busy
frothing at the mouth that you missed that. I've had cats, though,
that wouldn't eat canned food, just as I've had cats that threw up no
matter what they ate and cats that never threw up no matter what they
ate. Anecdotes aren't the same as evidence.

Old September 18th 09, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote:

[...]

Do your own research.

Old September 18th 09, 05:19 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Tara Green

(crazy crossposts removed, except for the dog
and cat health groups)

sighthounds & siberians wrote:

Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
that kibble dehydrates cats.

I shudder to even appear to lend credence
to....oh, I won't even refer to her. It'll
make it easier.

I wouldn't say that kibble "causes" diabetes
in cats any more than I would say that french
fries and cake (mmmmm....cake) cause it in
humans. But in both cases, there certainly
*can* be a connection.

I know quite a few who's cats had diabetes
when on a commercial kibbled diet who
switched to a more species appropriate diet
and ended up with a cat with NO diabetes.

And when it comes to water, cats are really
different than dogs. They don't have the same
drive to hydrate, imo, that dogs do. SO it
becomes even more important (again, IMO) to
give them food that helps provide proper
hydration. Kibble is about as good for
hydration as crackers are to us....none. But
we have a stronger drive to quench our thirst
via drinking then cats do, so we get to eat
all the crackers we want :-)

FYI, I also feed quality canned food to my cat, who is not fat. So,
wrong again.

Awesome on both counts :-)
Old September 18th 09, 05:20 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Tara Green

cybercat wrote:
"sighthounds & siberians" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 21:53:38 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

"sighthounds & siberians" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:34:44 -0400, Char
wrote:

As long as you feed her kibble she will be a fat cat. Kibble is
primarily grains that you are feeding to a carnivore. Kibble causes
obesity, diabetes, and worse.
There is absolutely no evidence that kibble causes obesity, or
diabetes, or worse, and it is incredibly irresponsible that Char posts
such misinformation.
On the contrary, there is lots of evidence, in the way of fat cats
freefeeding on "diet" dry cat food. Feeding your cats that carb laden crap
dehydrates them and fills them up with starch they do not need. If you
free
feed, they keep eating because they cannot get what really satisfies
them--MEAT--so they fill up on starch instead. Terrible stuff. You feed
"kibble" because you are cheap and lazy. I feed quality canned food every
12
hours because I care about my cats more than I care about my convenience.

Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
that kibble dehydrates cats.

FYI, I also feed quality canned food to my cat, who is not fat. So,
wrong again.

They are carnivores, asswipe. That is all you need to remember. The only
benefit in feeding dry is to the human. Convenience and price.

Oh yeah, NOW I remember why I avoid the cat
ngs like the plague.
Old September 18th 09, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Tara Green

wrote:

[...]

Very true.

And what's with the frothing? You'd think
there's be more of that in the DOG groups ;-)
Old September 18th 09, 05:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sighthounds & siberians

wrote:

[...]

It's cybercat. She's always frothing.

Old September 18th 09, 05:39 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sighthounds & siberians

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 00:19:17 -0400, Tara Green
wrote:

FYI, I also feed quality canned food to my cat, who is not fat. So,
wrong again.

Awesome on both counts :-)

The weird thing is that she doesn't really like canned food that much,
and she's really, really picky about what canned food she will eat.
She likes about, oh, 3 flavors. I was all excited when
Canidae/Felidae came out with grain free canned in 12-can cases of 3
oz cans. She won't touch it.

She's a very contrary cat, she is.

Old September 18th 09, 05:53 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cyberpurrs

wrote:

[...]

Isn't this precious. It's a lady's circle jerk.

Old September 18th 09, 06:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Tara Green

wrote:

[...]

As opposed to your usual solo performance?

Breeders - Animals Pets Jacker Cat health & behaviour 0 October 24th 08 09:30 AM
Breeders - Animals Pets Jacker Cat community 0 October 24th 08 09:30 AM
PETS ANIMALS lynas Cat anecdotes 0 August 22nd 08 04:03 AM
Pets Can Get 'Superbug' Diseases From Owners Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \) Cat anecdotes 0 March 24th 06 02:11 AM
Pets Poisoned And Battered To Death James Marz Cat health & behaviour 2 May 17th 04 03:27 AM