UPDATE. Hugo Katt a little better.

Old November 30th 03, 05:38 PM
Lisa Katt

Default UPDATE. Hugo Katt a little better.

When he got home Tuesday evening Hugo Katt had been hurt, I don't know how.
Since then he has just lain on his side under a big table, playing dead cat.
He has eaten nothing. I could not pick him up as he hurt. It was quite a
relief to see the tip of his tail lashing, so I knew he was still alive. He
did drink water a few times. Once he dragged himself to his litter-box to
pee. Good cat to manage that, under the circumstances.

I have pilled him morning and evening with amoxillin we got from TED. The
pill-popper is a blessing. I do not think I could have manage it on my own
any other way. He got his 5th pill this morning and today he is better. He
has eaten some cat-food (wet). Not as much as he use to, but still... He
moves about a bit and he wants to lie upon me, with my hand as his pillow
and he purrs! He still hurts, though.

He is getting better! I have been a bit worried because he is an elderly cat
now, 14 years old. But I think he will soon be himself again. Now I have to
go and pop the evening pill into him.

Thank you everyone for your purrs!
Elisabet

Old November 30th 03, 05:55 PM
fuga =^o^=

I am glad he's feeling a bit better. I hope he perks up even more today.
Keep us posted.

Hugs,

fuga

Old November 30th 03, 05:56 PM
Marina

"Lisa Katt" wrote

He is getting better! I have been a bit worried because he is an elderly

cat
now, 14 years old. But I think he will soon be himself again. Now I have

go and pop the evening pill into him.

What a relief that he is showing signs of improvement! I was wondering how
he was doing, so thanks for the update. We are still purring for him to be
back to his old self soon.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 30th 03, 06:07 PM
Lisa Katt

Marina, have you tried to pill Frank and Nikki with a pill-popper?
It is so easy (comparatively) when you have to do it without help. It is
important the popper is the right size for the pills.
As Hugo Katt has not eaten anything for days I could not have hidden the
pills in food. And he would have noticed. Amoxillin smells awful.
Thank the kitties for their purrs!
Elisabet

"Lisa Katt" wrote

Old November 30th 03, 06:13 PM
Bev

Marina wrote:

"Lisa Katt" wrote

He is getting better! I have been a bit worried because he is an elderly

cat
now, 14 years old. But I think he will soon be himself again. Now I have

go and pop the evening pill into him.

What a relief that he is showing signs of improvement! I was wondering how
he was doing, so thanks for the update. We are still purring for him to be
back to his old self soon.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

I am so glad that he is feeling better. Sometimes the pills can give
an amazingly quick recovery. He will be on deck to enjoy Xmas with you

Purrs,

Bev
--
God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
before the masterpiece.
Old November 30th 03, 06:21 PM
Marina

"Lisa Katt" wrote
Marina, have you tried to pill Frank and Nikki with a pill-popper?

I haven't tried it. I know many people swear by the pill-popper, but I
figured that, since F&N have to have their thyroid medication twice a day
for the rest of their lives, I should try to keep it a positive experience
for them both. Frank loves his sour cream cocktail morning and evening, and
he has even been known to remind me to give it him.

Nikki has her own rituals she needs to go through, like leading mea round
the flat a couple of times, before crawling under the bed and then licking
the cream off my finger that I stick under the bed. ;o) But she always eats
her meds eventually. She just has to be a little princess about it.

The next time I have to give some smelly meds to them, I might look at the
pill-popper.

--
Marina

Old November 30th 03, 06:47 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:38:50 +0100, "Lisa Katt"
wrote:

[...]

So glad Hugo is feeling better. It still sounds like a near-miss with
a car or a fall from a high place -- they do not always land on their
feet. A long time ago my dog had a similar occurence and he was very
sore for days, but nothing broken. MLB
Old November 30th 03, 08:59 PM
Steve Touchstone

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the good news update! Happy to hear that he's getting
better. Purrs still coming his way from Oklahoma
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old December 1st 03, 04:52 AM
Marina

"Karen" wrote

I would never pill without a popper again. It really is a blessing. Did
Grant that way for a year trying to get his gingivitis under control. I'm
glad to hear Hugo Katt is doing better. I was worried with no update, but
was also worried to ask! Did he get an xray? I suppose it doesn't matter
because if it is a rib or hairline fracture or something not much you

could
do, but I would be wondering.

Maybe that is why he is lying so still. Cats are not stupid, you know. ;o)
Sometimes they know what to do to heal themselves.

--
Marina