Update on my brother Dick

Old July 22nd 04, 05:58 AM
Jo Firey

Default Update on my brother Dick

My brother Dick is continuing to improve. I'll just copy part of the email
my niece sent me this morning. You cannot imagine how relieved I feel that
he has made it to this point and continues to improve. For the first week
we were afraid to even hope. Thank you all so much for your caring and
concern and your prayers.

Jo

My dad is doing better this morning. The nurse said his white blood cell
count came down a bit more yesterday. They did something called a bronchial
scope where they clean out his lungs and I think they did a procedure to try
and expand one of his lungs (which the doctors think was decompressed from
the aneurism pushing on it)......he's still on the respirator of course -
but they turned it off yesterday and had him breathing on his own for 2 1/2
hours - which they say is very good. I would love to see him off the
respirator completely by this
weekend! I think he'll start believing that he's getting better once that
happens too. Mom is doing well. I stayed with her last night.
......don't know if my dad told you - but we're having a girl! Due Nov.
7th.....My mom said yesterday that with my dad getting better and with me
having a baby - we are going to have LOTS to be thankful for this
Thanksgiving!!

Old July 22nd 04, 05:27 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:58:11 -0700, "Jo Firey"
wrote:

My brother Dick is continuing to improve.

snip
Great news. Let him know he's got a lot of people he's never met
thinking of him... and a bunch of cats purring LOL

Also, pass along best wishes to your niece and the expected baby.

--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old August 9th 04, 06:12 AM
Marina

"Jo Firey" wrote
I want to thank all of you again for your prayers and concerns when my
brother, Dick had the aneurysm a few weeks ago.

He finally moved out of ICU two days ago. He is improving daily. There

are
still problems, some blood accumulated in his chest that will have to be
removed but will have to wait till they can cut down on the blood thinners
for a small pulmonary embolism. Also just working his way up to being

able
to sit up and eventually stand up.

He is not a happy camper. He wants to go home, and really isn't to the
point where he understands what all has happened to him. I'm guessing he

is
also depressed. And its coming out as anger.

We are so grateful to have reached a point where these are the sort of
problems to deal with. And while I really felt bad for his wife Jeanetta
when he was so at risk and her medical training was just telling her what
all could go wrong, now I hope it will help her not to take his tantrums
seriously. Of course it is a whole lot easier to do when it is a patient
you are caring for and you can go home at the end of the day. Not so easy
to not take it personally when it is you husband.

Glad to hear he is improving so well. Purrs that he can calm down and purrs
of strength to Jeanetta to endure his tantrums.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki