ping Yowie

Old June 16th 08, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

Default ping Yowie

"Yowie" wrote in message
Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:
I have to ask...what's a Yowie? I remember reading 'We are Here' the
thread about the wonderful gathering of some 20 people from here in
Flordia, and someone said they had a Yowie with them, but wished it
was the real you. I looked again and If I'm reading it right it was Pam
and this was
written (copied and pasted from that thread)
I noticed a Yowie
that Yowie sent me back a few (8 or so) years ago. I figured that
we need a Yowie at the party, so I brought the one I could. I wish
I could bring the human Yowie in as well."

Could you enlighten me please? Sounds like some of stuffed toy?
I was reading that one thread that got all out of sorts with me
using a certain word,
and I remember when my oldest daughter whas 2 she was throwing a
temper tantrum and flailing herself on the floor screaming, etc, so I
went into the kitchen, drew a glas of cool water and slowly poured it
over her head, which snapped her out of it right away, no harm done. Then
she got hugs and kisses from me.
This was 39 years ago.
Give the Yowlet a big hug from his Auntie Kyla..he is so adorable.
Hug and thanks
Kyla
--who is so happy for all the people at the Gathering.
They are having SO much fun.

Ok.

Back in 6th grade, that is, when I was 11, some boys teased me about my
height (I was very tall even then) by calling me 'Sasquatch'. I didn't
know what that word mean at the time, but knew it wasn't nice, and chased
the boys (which I think is what they wanted to do - I didn't figure that
sort of thing out till a bit later).

Much later, I was told the tale and my confusion over the word 'Sasquatch'
to my then boyfriend, who explained it was like Bigfoot, Yeti or our
Bunyip. From that point on, one of his nicknames for me was "Bunyipkins".

Love that. My Aussie ex called me a galah, and I always kind of liked that.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old June 16th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`

"Yowie"
Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:
[...]

Somewhere in my net travels and a long time ago, there used to be a site
called "Bigfoot". I tried to sign up as "Bunyip" but it was taken.
Remembering that we also have the Yowie, a sort of swamp equivalent of the
forest dwelling Bunyip / Yeti / Sasquatch, I used "Yowie" instead and the
rest is history (regarding my 'net name, anyway)

Cool

More recently, Cadbury chocolates in Australia produced the Yowie range
for kids. Along the lines of KinderSurprises, there was a toy of a Native
Australian Animal inside each chocolate Yowie. These became very popular
and some plushie toys were made of each type of Yowie that Cadbury
produced. Since I have always wanted to visit Pam, but suspect I'll never
get there in person, I sent one of the Yowie plushies instead. Cadbury
stopped supoprting the Yowie line in 2005 and they are now collectables.
Being inthe USA, Pam has in her possession a very rare toy which would be
worth something in the collector market.

Hope that explains things.

Yowie

Yes, it does, thanks so much...and it was so sweet of you to send her some.
Wish I had a Yowie, they sound so cute.
HUG
Kyla

Old June 16th 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`

"Kreisleriana"
"Yowie" ...
Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:
[...]

I won't tell you what my US ex used to call me :/
Hug
Kyla

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old June 16th 08, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`

"hopitus" BTW, what hospital do you work in MileHigh?
I remember my grandma living 2 blocks from Denver General when I was a
kid.
I was born and raised there, (1945-1976) moved to Seattle in 76 via
Hawaii.
Made a visit to see my young kids back in 1980 right after Mt Saint Helens
blew, and it was SO hot. We went to Elitch Gardens and didn't last long.
LOL
Is that place still around?
Hug
Kyla
--who doesn't want to re-live her horrible 12 year whatever that made me
have a breakdown & lose custody to ex. :/

I stopped working about 4 years past,just before moving here. Elitch
Gardens is
still around, it just moved and where it used to be is now big bucks
condo complex;
The amusement park is like right near the Childrens Museum in area
between LoDo and Highlands, other side of RR tracks there.

Wow, how do you move a whole amusement park? I have no clue what LoDo
and Highlands is/are. I guess the city has changed a lot since I left.
Does Colfax still have all the hookers?
I remember working at DU a few times with my ex MIL. It was a lot of fun.
But that was eons ago.
Are there still a lot of drive in theaters there? None here in Seattle.

Old June 17th 08, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Yowie" wrote in message

More recently, Cadbury chocolates in Australia produced the Yowie range
for kids. Along the lines of KinderSurprises, there was a toy of a Native
Australian Animal inside each chocolate Yowie. These became very popular
and some plushie toys were made of each type of Yowie that Cadbury
produced. Since I have always wanted to visit Pam, but suspect I'll never
get there in person, I sent one of the Yowie plushies instead. Cadbury
stopped supoprting the Yowie line in 2005 and they are now collectables.
Being inthe USA, Pam has in her possession a very rare toy which would be
worth something in the collector market.

The Yowie is NOT for sale. You may take up negotiations with my heirs when
I'm dead and gone. In about 30 years.

Pam S.

Old June 17th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Well, I went on EBAY and am bidding on my own Yowie. It is called Honeygum
or something like that. They had several but it was the cutest. Tried to
find one dressed in leather but no luck!
"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

Old June 17th 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Granby" wrote in message
Well, I went on EBAY and am bidding on my own Yowie. It is called
Honeygum or something like that. They had several but it was the cutest.
Tried to find one dressed in leather but no luck!

LOL. Good luck. Mine is this cute little pear shaped thing with an open
mouth and little arms and jumpy legs like a kangaroo. I love it.

Pam S. who wants to meet the human one someday

Old June 18th 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`

"hopitus"
On Jun 15, 9:59 pm, "Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote:
[...]

ROFL...I dunno how they moved Elitch as that happened years ago, it
seems. LoDo is a local abbreviation for 'lower downtown" which just means a
fartherl western section of downtown, where there are many of of those
microbreweries and they have changed many of the old buildings there - being
from
where I am, just astonished at all the 19th century brick buildings that
used to
be outfits we don't even have these days - tanneries, for instance - into
fancy
expensive condo dwellings, where many of the Broncos and Rockies players now
dwell in penthouses that face the *real-estate-wise 'desirable' mounrain
views...... Some things never change....yes, Colfax still has most of the
hookers,
LOL. When I first moved here lived one block south of Colfax where I merely
ignored them, except in dead winter, when their habit of strolling around my
block in their near-underwear at first shocked me -from my 4th floor view,
LOL
- but I got used to that. The 'dealers' roaming the block were another
matter
and harder to ignore as they knew even someone who *looks* less affluent
could be needing their wares...but as we got used to each other they
bothered me less, especially since I am a power-walker, LOL.
I know of only a couple drive-in movies and they are out in the burbs.
I am sorry your memories of this area are sad and troublesome to you.
I can relate to that, and can think of a lotta bad adjectives for this place
but sad they are not....and have nada to do with personal stuff.
I think you might be really surprised at how much new construction has
gone on in your absence and how those 'burbs have spread out....
This is lame but one thing that really grinds me and so sad is that
unlike where I came from - the homeless and stray cats/dogs live outside
year round down there - nothing can survive outside during the long winters
here.;o(

Wow, sounds like things have 'really' changed.
Yeah, it really bothers me about the homeless too and
the stray dogs and cats
IMO, 'everybody' has a right to a roof overt their head, warmth, food and
medical care and the animals should be taken care of as well.
It's so sad that they have to live like this. I can relate.
I was living on the streets for 6 months (in Calif & homeless in Hawaii)
during my 'dark' period back in 76.
so I can totally empathacize. But everything is better now.
Could you please send me an e-mail?
I'd really like to talk to you more
send it to
If not, no worries.
Kyla
--who remembers The Bronco's before they had cheerleaders G

Old June 18th 08, 03:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`

I'll have to check EBAY out just to see what one looks like.
I'd so love to meet the real Yowie too.
Hug
Kyla
"Granby"
Must be the arms and legs thing, they all seemed to have longer ones.
"tanadashoes"
"Granby"

PING YOWIE Pat Cat anecdotes 0 November 9th 06 11:32 PM
PING YOWIE Matthew aka NMR Cat anecdotes 17 May 25th 06 04:19 PM
Ping Yowie CatNipped Cat anecdotes 2 April 16th 05 02:00 AM
Ping: Yowie Stacey Cat anecdotes 48 August 18th 03 11:47 PM