ping Yowie

Old June 18th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`

Default ping Yowie

I went to EBAY just to see what a Yowie looked like and it is so cute...
I just saw a blue one.
Hug
Kyla
"Granby"
Must be the arms and legs thing, they all seemed to have longer ones.
"tanadashoes"
"Granby"
Well, I went on EBAY and am bidding on my own Yowie. It is called
Honeygum or something like that. They had several but it was the
cutest. Tried to find one dressed in leather but no luck!

LOL. Good luck. Mine is this cute little pear shaped thing with an open
mouth and little arms and jumpy legs like a kangaroo. I love it.

Pam S. who wants to meet the human one someday

Old July 2nd 08, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Kreisleriana wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message
Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:
I have to ask...what's a Yowie? I remember reading 'We are Here'
the thread about the wonderful gathering of some 20 people from
here in Flordia, and someone said they had a Yowie with them, but
wished it was the real you. I looked again and If I'm reading it right
it
was Pam and this was
written (copied and pasted from that thread)
I noticed a Yowie
that Yowie sent me back a few (8 or so) years ago. I figured that
we need a Yowie at the party, so I brought the one I could. I
wish I could bring the human Yowie in as well."

Could you enlighten me please? Sounds like some of stuffed toy?
I was reading that one thread that got all out of sorts with me
using a certain word,
and I remember when my oldest daughter whas 2 she was throwing a
temper tantrum and flailing herself on the floor screaming, etc, so
I went into the kitchen, drew a glas of cool water and slowly
poured it over her head, which snapped her out of it right away, no
harm done. Then she got hugs and kisses from me.
This was 39 years ago.
Give the Yowlet a big hug from his Auntie Kyla..he is so adorable.
Hug and thanks
Kyla
--who is so happy for all the people at the Gathering.
They are having SO much fun.

Ok.

Back in 6th grade, that is, when I was 11, some boys teased me about
my height (I was very tall even then) by calling me 'Sasquatch'. I
didn't know what that word mean at the time, but knew it wasn't
nice, and chased the boys (which I think is what they wanted to do -
I didn't figure that sort of thing out till a bit later).

Much later, I was told the tale and my confusion over the word
'Sasquatch' to my then boyfriend, who explained it was like
Bigfoot, Yeti or our Bunyip. From that point on, one of his
nicknames for me was "Bunyipkins".

Love that. My Aussie ex called me a galah, and I always kind of
liked that.

Galahs are a largish pink & grey parrot. They tend to do really funny
things, like do loop-de-loops whilst sitting on the telegraph wires, or just
bob their heads till you laugh, that sort of thing. Real slap-stick humour
birds, and whats more they seem to *know* its funny and keep doing it
because you are laughing. And yes, thats the wild birds, flocks of which are
often seen sitting in the overhead wires, or picking over freshly mown lawns
for tasty grubs. Calling you a galah was telling you that you were being
funny & silly in a slapstick sorta way. Its like calling someone a 'goose' -
its a loving insult, IYSWIM.

Picture of a galah:

http://kookaburra.typepad.com/photos/snaps/galah.html

Yowie
(going through the old threads - finally!)

Old July 4th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`

Hope you don't mind the 'ping'
It's a one time thing
"hopitus"
Kyla asked
Could you please send me an e-mail?
I'd really like to talk to you more
send it to
If not, no worries.
Kyla
--who remembers The Bronco's before they had cheerleaders G

Just noticed this; don't ordinarily dig back into old threads on any
subject.

Me neither, but today, July 4, 'something' told me to read it...
and here we are LOL

Sorry, nothing personal but cannot email going or coming as it's
a commercial connection of several businesses - RL and online -
that I am not a part of. Complicated additional reasons as well.

Ah, no worries, like I said before.
And I'm not taking it personally I appreciate you saying that..
Did you know Bill Gates is no longer with Microsoft in his CEO capacity?
He and his wife are now off being philanthropists.
LOL, I did a spell-check on that 'big' word and I got it right..woo hoo

Well, we can still talk Mile High 'here' can't we?
What is Colorado Blvd like now? Last 1980, it had a few restautents, car
washes, used car place, mini-malls, from 1-25-Colfax, heading north? All
highrises I'm willing to bet. I can remember I-25 when it was just a ditch
and we'd go down and play in the bushes. I went to South High 1960-1963,
and my late dad taught Math there. That was SO fun *rolls eyes* I still
have 2 Yearbooks and if I need a good laugh, I drag them out, and read what
people wrote to me, the black and white photo's..etc
Also, we have to make this cat related ...somehow...heh, right?
nothing sad...nope
okay, here's my cat contribution ...two whit
My fuzzy huge longhair, brushtail, cat Sqweex loves to talk with her mouth
full of her favorite toy, Mr. BlueBob, a fuzzy blue toy that when put on a
bare floor, it swivles. I keep it on my bathroom floor.
I hear the mrrrrrrrt? Mrrrrt? Mmmmmmmmrt! Totally wierd kitty, she is
anyhoo
Kyla
--wondering if Yowie still reads her 'pings' G
Hi Yowie

Old July 4th 08, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`

"Yowie"
Kreisleriana wrote:
"Yowie"
Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:
[...]

LOL, they are beautiful, but so funny.
And I love what the 'name' means...
I love slapstick humor and am card carrying member of
The Three Stooges Fan Club
Member # 668...from a ong time ago
Nyuk nyuk nyuk
Kyla

Old July 7th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kylatte =^. .^=`[_2_]

"hopitus"
On Jul 4, 4:15 pm, "Kyla =^. .^=`" :
[...]

OT
I don't ordinarily read pings to Yowie and the non-ISP server doesn't
show
me new posts in bold-type so just stumbled onto your MileHigh post. I
made a mistake last time when you asked if any drive-in movies around
here...I said none I knew of. Since then, discovered one last hold-
out, up
on 88th Avenue in Commerce City. Surprise!
Colorado Blvd. north of I-25 is now a wall-to-wall nonstop mass of
commercial
till about 7th (the "stately old mansions" area...then starting at
8th, abandoned
hospitals right and left...all of them except Rose Medical have moved
out east
to Aurora campuses, very near VA hospital off Colfax.

WoW!!
Nearby natives kept me awake last night having their own fireworks
displays
outside till about 4am (yawn). Still enjoying the heat lately, unlike
Miami, it does cool off at night here.

Yeah, it's been cooler here too, thankfully

Ignore this if you like but if I were a "den mother" of your other ng
and got the personal posts you do there "mother"would lock them all in
their cages and abandon ship for something more r&r like rpca; and at
least the regs in rpcc don't post to you in the same manner.

LOL, you're right, most of them have been locked away in my killfile.
I still have my monthly Den Mom bithrday duties to do, been doing it for 11
years now, I just posted one and he told me I was the best Den Mom ever G
I love rpca and Mosey loves rpcc and we both have a lot of fun in these
groups of nice hoomins and cats in rpcc, G

As they say, life's too short....eat dessert first.
Actually, I think that's what Garfield says....

Just had a Twinkie, with a latte, howzat?
All the kitties are meatloafing and sleeping right now.

PING YOWIE Pat Cat anecdotes 0 November 9th 06 11:32 PM
PING YOWIE Matthew aka NMR Cat anecdotes 17 May 25th 06 04:19 PM
Ping Yowie CatNipped Cat anecdotes 2 April 16th 05 02:00 AM
Ping: Yowie Stacey Cat anecdotes 48 August 18th 03 11:47 PM