I'm Sorry

Old July 21st 08, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default I'm Sorry

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Jul 20, 4:11 pm, "Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote:
"hopitus"
Here's a nice quote for you:
"Hell is paved with good intentions"
John Ray, 1670

I feel so much better now , and it's The road to hell, BTW
Judge not lest ye be judged
Thanks for brightening my day...NOT!
Kyla- Hide quoted text -

Hate to be a nitpicker, but the quote is "Hell is paved with
good intentions." It isn't scripture. It's a quote by English
poet John Ray.
Correct not, lest ye be corrected, and all that.

Sherry

***

That may be the original quote. However, the much more common saying is
"The road to hell ...

Joy

Old July 21st 08, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 20, 8:04*pm, "Joy" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

On Jul 20, 4:11 pm, "Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote:

"hopitus"
Here's a nice quote for you:
"Hell is paved with good intentions"
John Ray, 1670

I feel so much better now , and it's The road to hell, BTW
Judge not lest ye be judged
Thanks for brightening my day...NOT!
Kyla- Hide quoted text -

Hate to be a nitpicker, but the quote is "Hell is paved with
good intentions." It isn't scripture. It's a quote by English
poet John Ray.
Correct not, lest ye be corrected, and all that.

Sherry

***

That may be the original quote. *However, the much more common saying is
"The road to hell ...

Joy

Nah, it's not the original. I think the original is "Hell is paved
with priests' skull" or something like that that didn't quite catch
on. It's just the quote that was being discussed, as attribute was
given to Ray in the original post.

Sherry
Old July 21st 08, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:53:43 -0700, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Will in New Haven wrote:
On Jul 19, 4:57 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
Next time I'll post child pornography fantasies instead. Sheesh.
Maybe I need a break from most of you.

Well, I googled and foound the thread that started all this. I didn't
think it was anti-Muslim but more poking fun at anti-Muslim hysteria.
Or, of course, the work of some teenage boys who just wanted to see all
the women in their neighborhood take their clothes off. Depending on
the neighborhood, this may not have turned out as well as planned.

LOL!!!! (I live in a senior retirement residence, and believe me, we
all look much better clothed!)

My sister works for the Department of Social Services in Virginia, the
department which, among other things, oversees retirement homes. She
once told me about a retirement home named Chippendales, leading to
mental images of elderly gentlemen wearing bow ties but no shirts.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old July 21st 08, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Jul 20, 7:04 pm, "Joy" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

On Jul 20, 4:11 pm, "Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote:

"hopitus"
Here's a nice quote for you:
"Hell is paved with good intentions"
John Ray, 1670

I feel so much better now , and it's The road to hell, BTW
Judge not lest ye be judged
Thanks for brightening my day...NOT!
Kyla- Hide quoted text -

Hate to be a nitpicker, but the quote is "Hell is paved with
good intentions." It isn't scripture. It's a quote by English
poet John Ray.
Correct not, lest ye be corrected, and all that.

Sherry

***

That may be the original quote. However, the much more common saying is
"The road to hell ...

Joy

Hope you got some advice from GoPhone tech people with the phone.
Your man in London was right, software for printers has to be
installed
in your PC *before* testing its printing. There is a way - booklet
will tell
you - to check if your printer software is in place.
There must be a quote for HP printers (I got one but not your model)
but alll I can come up with right now is a string of obscenities...
I have a different (small, obscure, western) cell phone carrier, but
here's
a clue, if you don't already know: "unlock" and "add contact" are
buried
in MY "other options" under main heading of "contacts"....

Thanks for the tips, hopitus. The printer instructions specifically said
not to connect the printer to the computer until after the test. If it
isn't connected to the computer, having the software in the computer
wouldn't help.

Joy

Old July 21st 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

"Joy"
"Sherry" ...
On Jul 20, 4:11 pm, "Kyla =^. .^=`"
"hopitus"
Here's a nice quote for you:
"Hell is paved with good intentions"
John Ray, 1670

I feel so much better now , and it's The road to hell, BTW
Judge not lest ye be judged
Thanks for brightening my day...NOT!
Kyla-

Hate to be a nitpicker, but the quote is "Hell is paved with
good intentions." It isn't scripture. It's a quote by English
poet John Ray.
Correct not, lest ye be corrected, and all that.

Sherry

***

That may be the original quote. However, the much more common saying is
"The road to hell ...

Joy

Thanks Joy...that's what I'd always heard.
whatever, I don't really care.
Not worth getting into another arguement about.

Hug
Kyla

Old July 21st 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

"Sherry"
On Jul 20, 8:04 pm, "Joy"
"Sherry" wrote in message

On Jul 20, 4:11 pm, "Kyla =^. .^=`"
"hopitus"
Here's a nice quote for you:
"Hell is paved with good intentions"
John Ray, 1670

I feel so much better now , and it's The road to hell, BTW
Judge not lest ye be judged
Thanks for brightening my day...NOT!
Kyla- Hate to be a nitpicker, but the quote is "Hell is paved with

good intentions." It isn't scripture. It's a quote by English
poet John Ray.
Correct not, lest ye be corrected, and all that.

Sherry

***

That may be the original quote. However, the much more common saying is
"The road to hell ...

Joy

Nah, it's not the original. I think the original is "Hell is paved
with priests' skull" or something like that that didn't quite catch
on. It's just the quote that was being discussed, as attribute was
given to Ray in the original post.

Sherry

That I did not know.
Whatever, it doesn't matter.

Kyla

Old July 21st 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

Default WHAT HAVE I DONE? :(

Okay, no worries about that. I totally understand, and thank you
Love
Kyla
"Granby"
Kyla, please don't take this to the other group, there are people hurting
there too and without a lot of posts, it would be hard to explain. Not
saying this to be mean but just don't see what point it would prove.

"Kyla =^. .^=`" ...

"Susan M"
Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:
Oh dear, what have I done? I certainly meant NO harm when I wrote
about Shirley's death. I'm just sitting here in tears knowing I now
have everyone in the group hating me and that wasn't my intention at
all.
Pam, I know Rob has cancer and I am hoping for good results for him,
I am wishing nothing but the best for both him and you Pam.
I'm crying so hard, I can't think straight.
If you all thought it was in bad taste, dreadful, then I guess it was,
but that was not my intention at all. I promise.
I lost my own Mother last August, and it still hurts.
Please forgive me. I'm SO sorry.
Kyla
--in tears because now I've lost all my friends

Kyla - I know that everyone is different in how they approach times like
this and I've learned to appreciate the good intent behind each attempt
at comfort.

Susan, I should never have written that letter I am so sorry for your
loss of Grandma Shirley, and I do appreciate you trying to comfort me in
'your' time of grief.

I'm also sorry about your mother.

Thank you, she was 84, and it will be a year in late
August when she 'went home'.

I have admired Pam and her family for so long. Her unfailing love and
support of her husband, children, and cats is something you can
practically see just from reading her words. She has had to be so
strong for so long. I admire her grace in doing so - her focus on the
positive during such rough times - and her ability to use humour to keep
everyone afloat. Purrs and good thoughts continue to come from my house
to theirs.

I too have admired Pam and her family, even tho I've only been here since
March.
And I too am sending her purrs and good thoughts.
Thank you for being kind enough to write me in your time of loss and
grief
(((((((((Susan and Family)))))))
You take care too, sweetie.

Take care,

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Kyla
Mosey, Pookie, Pipps and Sqweex

Old July 21st 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

Thank you Granby. You're right, and again, I do apologize.
Love
Kyla
"Granby"
I could really murk up the waters and post my response to Pam concerning
this email but, won't go there. Best to let sleeping Dogs/cats lay, lie,
whatever.
"Christina Websell"
"Sherry" ...
On Jul 20, 2:46 pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"

On Jul 19, 3:57 pm, "tanadashoes" :
Next time I'll post child pornography fantasies instead. Sheesh.
Maybe I
need a break from most of you.

Pam S. disgusted by her stupidity

Personally, I don't see what all the fuss is about. As a person who
appreciates wicked satire it was clear (to me, anyway) that what you
posted was a huge dig at AMERICAN attitudes and the psychology of fear
the current government dispenses to us on a daily basis. I didn't see
it as intending to be offensive to muslims, but definitely intended as
a big pointy jab to those stupid citizens of the gold old USA that
continue to buy into that sort of crap. No matter. There will always
be someone somewhere that will take something the wrong way and find
followers to go down the same path, regardless of what the reality
is.

Anyone care to let the uninitiated know what the hell you're all talking
about? When someone starts a thread like this out of the blue, with no
indication what it refers to, it leaves some of us floundering!- Hide
quoted text -

See thread "Received In My Inbox Today OT, Political, and funny" for a
full
background. But here's a brief synopsis.
Pam posted a joke. Some people thought it was offensive. Some people
didn't.
Kyla posted a letter. Some people thought it was offensive. Some
didn't.
Just to prove we're all so open-minded our brains practically fall out
every time we post, Matthew posted some jokes about "Indians" and
"Mexicans." But Dan
said that was okay. He said we can post any joke we want to, so long
as it's just "mildly" offensive, and advised the ones who didn't like
it "get over it."
This is all my personal interpretation of course. YMMV.

Yep, that pretty well covers it, Sherry.

Tweed

Old July 21st 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in message
. ..

"hopitus"
On Jul 19, 7:39 pm, hopitus
On Jul 19, 7:02 pm, Will in New Haven

wrote:
On Jul 19, 6:01 pm, "tanadashoes"
"Sherry" wrote in message

On Jul 19, 3:57 pm, "tanadashoes" :

Next time I'll post child pornography fantasies instead. Sheesh.
Maybe I
need a break from most of you.

Pam S. disgusted by her stupidity

Pam I get the reference (it took me a minute, though)....and it IS
just plain weird, isn't it??
I know you have a wonderfully irreverant sense of humor, and I also
get that you wouldn't ever offend anybody on purpose.
I remember when I got spanked but good just for using the word
"lifestyle" in blessed ignorance that it might be an offensive word.
Hell. I didn't know.
Oops. Can I say "hell?"
Maybe you offended some people, now you know. Kick yourself around
for
2 seconds then forget about it. But keep your sense of humor. That's
what keeps us sane.

Sherry

===============

I'm sorry. I got an email from a friend to warn me about this and
sent one
back saying I could handle it. And I did. Then I saw that email
from Kyla
to Susan about Grandma Shirley's death and lost it. That email was
in as
poor of taste or more as my stupid joke, but not one person said
anything to
her about it. Some of the very people who jumped on the politically
correct
bandwagon probably thought it was marvelous. I'll tell you, if Kyla
sends
something so disgusting to us when Rob is fighting his last battle,
I'll do
something violent.

There you go. Here I was thinking you had been so terribly wronged,
which you had, and you have to prove that your post wasn't so bad by
attacking my friend, who sincerely means well.

--
Will in New Haven
"The welfare of the people has always been the alibi of tyrants, and

If your friend is who it would appear you need to keep it back
in rpcc talking catbabble instead of authoring stuff to hurt
people's feelings...."means well" is getting *way* out of hand
or should I say, "send" finger elsewhere than rpcc.

Gee, thanks...
.I never meant to hurt anyone's feelings, I'm not like that, and wish
nothing but the best for Pam and Rob. Cancer is horrible and I feel so
bad for what Pam is goin thru, Rob too, and I am sending them both my best
wishes for him to get better.
Pam is a wonderful writer, and is going thru a lot, I know.

Here's a nice quote for you:
"Hell is paved with good intentions"
John Ray, 1670

I feel so much better now , and it's The road to hell, BTW
Judge not lest ye be judged
Thanks for brightening my day...NOT!
Kyla

Personally, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way, I think you need
to "back off". I have, in the past, been a bit put off by your
forwardness - even if it is done with good intentions. UseNet is a place
that some people come to so they can have a bit of fun, "vent" to (virtual)
strangers without worrying about the consequences in their real lives, and
sometimes just let out their sadness as they're perhaps, for whatever
reason, not able to do with their family.

Asking for people's addresses, so you can send them cards or letters, when
you don't even know them, is sort of creepy to me in a "stalkerish" sort of
way. [I'm even considering taking my name off the Christmas card list so
you don't get my address! And I'll be *VERY* resentful if I have to do that
because I have enjoyed exchanging Christmas cards with the people here for 4
or 5 years now!]

I understand that some people come here and see all the closeness of this
group and want to just dive in - but most of us have been "friends" for
years and years and have, only slowly, come to trust one another. For a
newcomer to expect the same is unrealistic and naive and, again, can be very
off-putting.

This isn't the first time you've had to post an apology about being too
forward or "putting your foot in your mouth", in fact I don't even think
it's the second or third time! Maybe you should just try reading a bit and
stay more impersonal until people get to know you better or invite you to be
closer.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 21st 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
Next time I'll post child pornography fantasies instead. Sheesh. Maybe I
need a break from most of you.

Pam S. disgusted by her stupidity

Fuggedaboutit! There isn't a person here who *hasn't* offended somebody for
something or other once or twice (I'm a repeat offender)! There are some
here who, to me, are a bit too easily offended, but that's just my opinion
(which will probably offend some people).

Hugs,

CatNipped