Tribute: Hermine & Kitty Schottland, House Of Hanoka

Old October 8th 09, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ms. Tess[_2_]

Default Tribute: Hermine & Kitty Schottland, House Of Hanoka

Yu dun furry gud, Anti Debby. Yur mother wuz a spayshul hoomin an
Kitty Schottland wuz a furry important member ov da kommunitee. Dat
wuz a luffly tribute to dem bof.

May their memories be for a blessing.

Tess

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 18:23:53 -0700 (PDT), The Boca Deb
wrote:

Hermine Hanoka was my mother. She died a little less than a year ago,
from stage IV acute myelogenous leukemia. She battled it for
seventeen months, before "flunking" chemo and finally going to the
Bridge. This is the obituary that I wrote for her, that appeared in
our hometown paper in New Jersey, The Home News Tribune, the week that
she died.

"Hermine Anekstein Hanoka, of Boca Raton, FL passed away on Monday,
November 03, 2008. She was the only child of the late Benjamin and
Sarah Fox Anekstein. Mrs. Hanoka grew up in Highland Park, NJ, and
Philadelphia PA. She graduated Overbrook High School in
Philadelphia. After moving back to Highland Park in 1960, she worked
for DeAngelis Cadillac in North Brunswick, NJ, before quitting to
raise a family.. She was a member of various PTA's, a school
volunteer, and more recently a Veterinary Assistant. She was a member
of the Congregation Etz Ahaim Sisterhood. She is survived by her
husband of forty-one years, Jack Hanoka; daughters Debby and Rebecca
Hanoka of Boca Raton, FL; and two cats."

At the time I wrote the obituary, we still had Kitty Schottland, who
was quickly approaching her nineteenth birthday. Kitty had been
diagnosed with hyperthyroidism a few years before that, and it was
kept under control with tapazole syrup. Because we were so busy
worrying about my mom, we didn't notice just how much weight Kitty had
been losing. She was a very old cat. She was diagnosed with acute
renal failure around Kissamouse last year, and TED tried an
experimental treatment to flush all the toxins out of her system.
That bought her a few more weeks with us, until she stopped eating,
drinking, and using the litter box. This is an entry from my journal,
written the day she was helped to the Bridge.

"We knew she was getting old. Dr. Levy said that at eighteen-plus
years old, she was ancient. When she stopped eating earlier this
week, I knew her time was coming so I decided to celebrate her
nineteenth "purr day" a little early in cyberspace. Kitty posted an
invitation on a "cat-chat" newsgroup, and all of her friends
"teleported" over to see her. Last night, Kitty made her last post,
that she decided it was time for her to go to "The Bridge." Becky
took Kitty to Dr. Levy this morning. Dr. Levy gave Kitty the first
shot, sort of like an anesthetic. He went to get the second shot
ready, and then checked her heartbeat and respirations. She was
already gone. The second shot wasn't needed. Becky and I decided on
a private cremation; the ashes should be back in a few weeks.
Goodbye, Kitty Schottland. You gave us eleven and a half years of
happiness. We're going to miss you."

Thank you.

Debby Hanoka
aka The Boca Deb
the dot boca dot deb at gmail dot com

Old October 8th 09, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
DaRennieKidz[_2_]

On Oct 5, 9:23*pm, The Boca Deb wrote:
[...]

Dat wazza luvlee tribyews Anti Debbie. Yur meowmie an Kitty
Schottland ar tugeffur at da Bridj.

DaRennieKidz an fosterkitties

Kitty Schottland Debby Hanoka[_2_] Cat anecdotes 11 January 26th 09 01:11 AM
Kitty Schottland Granby Cat community 1 December 24th 08 04:57 AM
Kitty Schottland Needs Help ... PixieDust413 Cat community 1 March 12th 08 02:42 AM
Umm, Ms Kitty Schottland-HarpurrCat? Anti Shado Cat community 10 October 2nd 06 01:17 PM
Introducing Kitty Schottland VC ChildFree23 Cat community 8 February 16th 05 09:16 AM